Want to see my granddaughter

-

memike

Super Moderator
Staff member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
In my back yard :blob: snake paw papaw !!!
we had a talk about good snakes
and never approach one or touch them,
I laughed when she was trying to make it stick his tongue out again :D

Attachments

• 538691_3954504453908_1645681508_n.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 358
  • 431298_3954500373806_885457691_n.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 356
  • 250657_3954546854968_1340324566_n.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 350
  • 309134_3954836382206_566949661_n.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 347
Neat. I don't know what kind of snakes you have there or what that is, but in Africa there is one that looks almost exactly like that. It is a Green Mamba. Beautifully colored, but extremely deadly! A little bigger too.

This snake will change color as the seasons change, A garder snake and King snakes live together as the king snakes here eat and keep the poison snakes away.
next year this snake may turn dark shiny brown or black, even blue sometimes
In this part of the country if this snake is in your garden it's a Garder snake, after a year
it can bee seen on the gravel roads and be dark blue, then we call them Blue racers because they have been known to fallow you and seem to be racing, Harmless as you can see it has a very long body and skinny tail , also the round pupils is another way to see it is not poison.

recently had a black snake robbing eggs from and killing my pigeons baited me a cage with a golf ball washed in raw egg snake ate it couldnt get out with swole belly he was a easy kill snahes are snakes they have to go sandy

We have a large garter snake in the yard and copperheads in the area, I watch where I step in the woods and try to keep the yard clean of brush. The last guy that tangled with one was in the hospital for 2 weeks. By the way Mike she is cute!

recently had a black snake robbing eggs from and killing my pigeons baited me a cage with a golf ball washed in raw egg snake ate it couldnt get out with swole belly he was a easy kill snahes are snakes they have to go sandy
Great idea!! I would guess the snake is/was a hog nose or a Rat/King snake, it all depends on what state they live in as what they are named.

We have a large garter snake in the yard and copperheads in the area, I watch where I step in the woods and try to keep the yard clean of brush. The last guy that tangled with one was in the hospital for 2 weeks. By the way Mike she is cute!
Same here Robbie, There is a pond and a family that raises chickens as a FFA
hobby and I get copper heads and water moccasins come up the hill, I have seen a King snake rolling in the brush swallowing a small copper head about 2 years ago He/she was doing it's job about 60 yards from my back door :cheers:
I have learned that King snakes mate for life and protect the hill from poison snakes, I see them every now and then, and happy to have them here on the hill.

Did you know that 13-13-13 fertilizer is a great way to keep snakes
out of your area, They do not like it and will turn away :cheers:
The down side is you may have to mowe more often :happy1:

Macy is getting big brother Mike. Luv the sublime snake!

Thank you Noel, she is only 5 and is a head taller then all the kids in her class.
I hope Brad K does good today for you today :cheers:

Here she is having fun with Treva

Attachments

• My Day 8 3 02 068.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 228
  • My Day 8 3 02 069.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 232
She is a cutie Mike! Love the coloring on the snake, we dont have them up here with that color, that I know of. Good to see she isnt afraid of them either!!

She is a cutie Mike! Love the coloring on the snake, we dont have them up here with that color, that I know of. Good to see she isnt afraid of them either!!
That's what Papaw's are for ragtop, she looks and likes my opinion and
it will be with here from me her hole life.. Thank you :happy1:

I didn't know you had green snakes in Arkansas. We kept them outside the house as pets in FL. In Sacramento, I mostly see rattlesnakes and the king snakes that eat them, with occasional gopher and garter snakes. Caught a 3 ft king snake and let my daughter keep as a pet for a few weeks until we figured it must be hungry. Easy to catch, you just pick them up. They don't run and don't bite. Only rattlesnakes get them excited. When I see a rattlesnake on the bike trail, I stop and grab them by the tail (aka Steve Irwin) and toss them in the bushes, but only if they are stretched out and usually in the winter when they are slow. A rattler bit me last spring early in the morning biking with the sun in my eyes. I had 2 scabs on my calf that I thought were insect bites, until I remembered a few days earlier when I ran over a stick and thought strange how it popped off the front tire and struck the back of my leg. Going too fast for it to inject me.

-
Back