Not open for further replies.

gliderider06

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Contact seller
Wanted: I need the circuit boards for the gauge and instrument lights for a 68 Dart. Please let me know if you have one and willing to give it up.
Thanks!

I second them. We used their boards in Dad's 69 last year. Everything works as it should now, even the gas gauge!

I bought two dash clusters to get boards for my 68 and it still does not work properly. If these had been available I would have bought new. I am still considering buying them even now!

The problem with the originals is, as everyone knows, the pins get loose, and there is no longer an electrical connection.
For years now I've wanted to solder a wiring pigtail directly to the circuit board eliminating the pins, then just plug this pigtail directly into the stock wiring harness eliminating the pin problem.
I have 2 decent boards in my car now, but I have a bad set for spares. When I get time (meaning no other projects) I'm going to make a set for myself. Especially now that I see a repro set going for over $200!

To the original poster -- if I had a good set for ya, they'd already be in the mail to you. Good Luck whatever direction you end up going with this, but feel free to use my idea. A little soldering and wiring work will save you a lotta money. Might make a nice winter project.

George

The problem with the originals is, as everyone knows, the pins get loose, and there is no longer an electrical connection.
For years now I've wanted to solder a wiring pigtail directly to the circuit board eliminating the pins, then just plug this pigtail directly into the stock wiring harness eliminating the pin problem.
I have 2 decent boards in my car now, but I have a bad set for spares. When I get time (meaning no other projects) I'm going to make a set for myself. Especially now that I see a repro set going for over $200!

To the original poster -- if I had a good set for ya, they'd already be in the mail to you. Good Luck whatever direction you end up going with this, but feel free to use my idea. A little soldering and wiring work will save you a lotta money. Might make a nice winter project.

George

I dont know if any of the ways to repair the inst' panel can be considered new ideas.
Every wire that goes to a gauge can be connected to that gauge just like the ALT' gauge wires, same ring terminal/toothed washer/hex nut.
That leaves only the bulbs wiring on the printed circuit and there are ways around that too. E-bodies and a few other models didn't have printed circuit boards but instead were wired just as I've described.
To add a service disconnect with some sort of molex connector is just another option, not absolutely required.
What I do in most cases is just repair the loose or broken pins.

Remove the pins and replace them with small machine screws from the rear of the board. Install star washers and nuts on the front side. use screws the same size as the pins that the plug fits. easy and lasting fix. old trick we did years back when they were not available.

I have dashes if you need them boards are good.

Not sure if mine is fixable without being able to get it completely out. I think I still need another set incase it's beyond repair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back