[Found!] Wanted 73-76 Dart bucket seats.

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a set with tracks from a 1974 Valiant Brougham 4 dr
Backs are fixed -- They do NOT fold foward
Color is off white "Parchment"
Located in NE PA
I can deliver to Carlisle in July if prepaid

8C58AA0E-0796-4424-861E-9C8C0CA4898D.jpeg

742B098E-132F-499E-AA18-CC0087D36BD7.jpeg

Last edited:
I have a set with tracks from a 1974 Valiant Brougham 4 dr
Backs are fixed -- They do NOT fold back
Color is off white "Parchment"
Located in NE PA
I can deliver to Carlisle in July if prepaid

View attachment 1716088969

View attachment 1716088971

Don't overlook these.

I run those exact seats in my Duster, just have to build or buy the latch and spring to make them fold. There is a lock under the cover that keeps them from folding, very easy to remove.

@DionR
Bookmarked your post - great info in there.
I had them in my old 67 cuda, tracks did fit with washer shims where needed.
I didn't install the cuda's rear seat [ripped up] so I didn't need access to the rear seating area.
Thank you

@pa340dart
Sent you a PM

@DionR - Thanks fo rthe info, I was aware that it could be done, but your posts clarify exactly how.
Are you still having these made by request?

@DionR - Thanks fo rthe info, I was aware that it could be done, but your posts clarify exactly how.

Never did make any more of them. Can't remember if I have any either but I can look around. And I don't work anyplace I could get them made like I did last time.

The best option is probably to send you the file and you could use SendCutSend and get some made. Pretty sure they have a minimum of like $30 or something, but I bet you could get 4-6 of them made for that. You could even get them made in aluminum if you wanted.

Two caveats though.

First, the hook for the spring should have been rotated around to de-tension the spring some. I left it in the original spot based on the latch I started with. It makes the spring kind of tight, but mine have been in use for 12 or so years and no issues, so...?? But I could revise the hook location if you wanted to get some cut.

Second, SendCutSend has a minimum size and these might be too small. If they are too small I could add a tab to be removed later to make them big enough.

Last edited:

I just checked and I can get up to 14 of them cut for the minimum order of $29, minus tax and shipping. If you wanted a pair, and didn't want to pay $30 +/- for 2 of them, I could get some cut and put the rest on the shelf and send you 2. So maybe $15 shipped for a pair?

They would just be bare steel, no coating or anything.

If you wanted some, I would change the spring hook location first too.

I just checked and I can get up to 14 of them cut for the minimum order of $29, minus tax and shipping. If you wanted a pair, and didn't want to pay $30 +/- for 2 of them, I could get some cut and put the rest on the shelf and send you 2. So maybe $15 shipped for a pair?

They would just be bare steel, no coating or anything.

If you wanted some, I would change the spring hook location first too.
Thank you, If Tom and I can work the deal on the seats I will probably take you up on the offer.
On those pieces, does the factory knob fit onto them, or just use the metal tab for the release?

Regarding the springs, do you have the part number and where you got them?
If not, I'm sure I can find something that will work somewhere - maybe off an old bench seat.

Bob

Thank you, If Tom and I can work the deal on the seats I will probably take you up on the offer.
On those pieces, does the factory knob fit onto them, or just use the metal tab for the release?

Regarding the springs, do you have the part number and where you got them?
If not, I'm sure I can find something that will work somewhere - maybe off an old bench seat.

Bob

I didn't find a place I could source the knob, so I just cut the plate to kind of match it and left it at that.

Not really sure on the spring either. I know mine came off a pickup bench seat (same one I got the latch I started my pattern from) so I would guess the spring would be easy enough assuming they are all pretty similar.

Sorry I'm not better help with that stuff.

I didn't find a place I could source the knob, so I just cut the plate to kind of match it and left it at that.

Not really sure on the spring either. I know mine came off a pickup bench seat (same one I got the latch I started my pattern from) so I would guess the spring would be easy enough assuming they are all pretty similar.

Sorry I'm not better help with that stuff.
Dion,
Looks like we made a deal on the 4dr seats and I'll be picking them up early next month.
If you are willing to have some latches made, I would surely be grateful.
If you prefer to just send me the file and I'll have them made myself, that would work also.
I'll send you a PM.

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back