Wanted: 73-76 drum spindles

-

kevin403

Reaction score
Hey fellas,

I'm looking for a set of 10" drum spindles for a 73-76 A-body.

Thanks

Here are some sources in Canada if there isn't a member on here that can help you.

2 in stock Grove Auto & Truck Parts Can-AB(Spruce-Grove) 1-780-962-9600 / 1-800-256-1655

2 in stock Jasper Auto Parts Can-AB(Edmonton) 800-294-4784 / 780-468-6655

5 in stock Allied Auto Parts, Ltd. Can-MB(Winnipeg) 1-888-233-3332

So, 1 out of the 3 locations have it or can get it for me. Problem is he can't tell me if its for a 10" drum. It lists only drum or disc spindle. Is it safe to assume that it's 10"?

I was always told never to assume... You will make an "***" out of "u" and "me"

have them send you a picture or give you a casting #. im guessing that you need these spindles to do a disc brake swap with an aftermarket caliper?

So, 1 out of the 3 locations have it or can get it for me. Problem is he can't tell me if its for a 10" drum. It lists only drum or disc spindle. Is it safe to assume that it's 10"?

I was always told never to assume... You will make an "***" out of "u" and "me"

Yes, if it is drum it will be 10" because that was all that was available on 73 up. They fit from either side.

Thanks again! I was having problem getting confirmation.

Glad to help. If all else fails I can get them in the states but they will want to ship UPS and going in to Canada the fees will be a killer. You could have them shipped to me and I could mail them to you if need be.

You are the first person I have ever seen ask for them, what are you planning on doing with them?

You are the first person I have ever seen ask for them, what are you planning on doing with them?

I believe that is what I need to do the viper brake upgrade. I have a set of 2000 viper calipers on their way. From what I have read I need the following:
b-body disc rotors 11.75" 70 and newer
Cardoba wheel bearings 70 and newer
The kit from AndyF to bolt the calipers up to the spindle. (Hopefully I can find one as he has informed me he no longer is making them)
And some custom brake lines. Which even tho it has the word custom, I think will be the cheapest part.

I thought it was pretty slick how one of the boys on here, wrecks, made his own hub from a disc brake rotor to allow use of modern style rotors, maybe corvette rotors I think I read somewhere.

I just recently got hooked into these forums and I can't beleive how innovative guys are on here. I wish I could be so smart.

Hopefully this works out for me to be a "Budget" brake kit.

Lol maybe it will be an "Over Budget" kit. Like the rest of my money pit. I mean Car.

Big shout out to all you guys for allowing others share your knowledge and skills! Thank you so much!:supz:

Did you ever get a set of late model drum knuckles? I have several AR011 Viper adapters still in stock for this swap.

-
Back