***WANTED: Heater Control pin(s)***

-

65Val

Average Length Member
Reaction score
Well, I went and did it today....was removing my dash bezels for sending off to rechrome, and managed to break one of the heater control panel pins. They attach the control cables to the levers on the heater control panel. Anyone have any hanging around?...or are they repro'd somewhere? See pics below, if my description doesn't cut it...

Thanks in advance....

Attachments

• Heater Control pin1.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 146
  • Heater Control pin2.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 153
  • Heater Control Mech.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 154
Those are very simple to repair. More than just my method detailed in earlier threads. You'll also find a piece of advise.. Find out why they broke. Most likely cause is binding in the blend door they operate. Hope this helps

Those are very simple to repair. More than just my method detailed in earlier threads. You'll also find a piece of advise.. Find out why they broke. Most likely cause is binding in the blend door they operate. Hope this helps

Red.. thanks, but I broke the pin taking out the heater controls to get my dash bezel off....the cables are free. I've checked them. The heater worked fine before "I" started in on it.:banghead:

Do you have a link to your repair thread?

Looks like a perfect candidate for my 3D printer that I have at work. It looks like others are chiming in, so you should not need to go to that extreme, but I am tired of printing out cool stuff that really is not useful.

Looks like a perfect candidate for my 3D printer that I have at work. It looks like others are chiming in, so you should not need to go to that extreme, but I am tired of printing out cool stuff that really is not useful.

That would be a great idea! What do we need to do to make this happen?I've noticed several people over the years that have asked about this part and no-one seems to repro it. The pins have a bit of stress on them...will the parts that come out of your 3D printer take a bit of pressure?

The part is repopped. There is a link to it in a thread here somewhere also.

It is fairly hard plastic. I just do not know how to gauge it. If you have ever seen a plastic nut and bolt, that is what I would compare the hardness to. I would do it for free, but I would need all of the measurements, or you could send me the broken part.

Even if you can find the part somewhere, perhaps you would consider still sending I to me. I would enjoy the challenge, and we could compare the quality, hardness and usability.

PM me for address if interested.

It is fairly hard plastic. I just do not know how to gauge it. If you have ever seen a plastic nut and bolt, that is what I would compare the hardness to. I would do it for free, but I would need all of the measurements, or you could send me the broken part.

Even if you can find the part somewhere, perhaps you would consider still sending I to me. I would enjoy the challenge, and we could compare the quality, hardness and usability.

PM me for address if interested.

PM sent

I have the complete assembly -- do not see how the pins come out with out drilling out a rivet--- I'll get a picture later, Lawrence

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=161111&highlight=heater+control+valiant

in this thread I have a unit that looks like it(5th pic down)-- how do you remove the pins?

That one appears to be a '65/66 unit with the metal pins. I'm not totally familiar with those, but after searching some threads, someone said they used the '66 metal pins in a later heater control unit. Mine has a spring clip on the center post that you remove and the whole thing falls to pieces. You replace the pins and re-assemble the unit. Not sure how yours comes apart. Someone with more experience w/'66's may be better to ask.

After re-looking at those pics, it appears they rivetted the parts together...using metal pins I guess Ma Mopar figured it would never break ,so why make it so it'll come apart. [shrug]

-
Back