Wanted..OLD Scho;; Vintage BMX bikes and parts

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey,
got an 83 diamond back silver streak 2 frame only for sale. $75 plus ship.

Thanks Nate

Hey got a really nice thruster for ya! The shipping is gonna kill you, long distance. :thebirdm: u.p.s cant screw up this one !

I would love to have my 1978 Blue Mongoose with Tange 1200 forks and blue first generation tuff wheels back.

I have a ton of em for sale. I'm trying to make room in the garage for a boat. Been collecting for 10+ years.

Im looking for a pair of ACS z-rims, any color but white would be the shiz-nit! also some blue 20 tires as long as they hold a tube. criscobath, what you got? I can trade straight for some 20 Weinmann AL rims with GT hubs, off a Dyno Bazooka circa 2000.

OK, found some blue tires, 10 bucks a piece! Im going all blue on this bike, chain, and seat as well as grips. Still looking for some Z-rims.....

Pishta,Z -rims,the sh-t!. Tweak one,pull the spokes,throw in the freezer. Sure beats the heavy *** Z mags before. Got any early Mongoose?

Wow, can't believe I ran across this on here of all places....... Lol! I've always been into anything with wheels. I find, collect, build, restore and sell vintage bikes. More or less as a hobby. You can find parts in addition to the bay and local Craigslist on sites such as ratrodbikes, ratrodbmx, BMXmuseum and other forums as well. My best places for parts and bikes are a secret of course.... I know where to find just about anything bike related.... Recently restored a 1955 Schwinn Black Phantom. Took a while for all the parts. Built a cooks Bros and a Hutch for a client of mine. Just recently finished a 1989 pro freestyle tour and had it sold before it was done.
Just located last week and picked up a early 1980's PowerLite. All original down to the Decals,
Grips, tires, dia-comp Bull-dog brake, powerlite seat, 3 piece cranks, bear trap pedals. Polished up the chrome restored the decals so they don't deteriorate. Next going to get some 80's skyway mags to finish it off......

***I'm always looking for local bmx bikes for sale. I can always use more projects. 1980's freestyle are my favorites. Any Gt Performers or freestyle Tours or Vertigo's locally you don't want PM me.

I still have my Hutch TrickStar with Bullseye 2 piece cranks, UniSeat, Dk stem and Araya rims with Bullseye hubs. The wheels have the standard 36 , 4 cross spoke pattern. Except the spokes are 'twisted' , meaning they are twisted around eachother to make for a stiff wheel with zero flex.

I was an Unofficial test rider for DK, back when they were "K&G" and they only made a few items.

The first stem was made stronger (cr/mo bottom clamp), because I was 6'2" and 168# at 14 years old and broke every stem they sold me except the ultra heavy Mongoose style.

After the third one, they started giving me prototypes and daring me to break them.

I was kind of shocked to see a magazine in a library a few years ago, announcing they were manufacturing complete bikes, especially with names like "Fury", "Dart", and "General Lee"!!

I also had to have a full cromo frame (Mongoose Team), because I bent aluminum and broke steel. I went through a lot of cranks, pedals and handlebars, too.

I remember I had a Schwinn 36/36, a Schwinn Sting & a Red Line Pro-Line. I think I really liked the Sting the best. My brother had a Kuwahara in "Black Chrome" that was a nice bike too. I remember my buddy had a GT that was insanely light, he let me ride it & when I took it over the jump I went soaring up about 8' in the air & the bike came straight out from under me & I landed on my butt in a cloud of dust! Lol! The whole bike I think weighed under 20 lbs. Great days back then.

I have some old BMX bikes. My project is a RRS 24" cruiser, have the bike but some prior owner really jacked up the frame taking paint off with something like a grinder. Debating bondo up frame and painting or have it replicated by a custom frame builder.

RRS stands for Riverside Redlands Schwinn and they are really hard to find in the market place. Back in the eighty's they were way ahead of there time in design.

NOS Schwinn bmx seat. Mint.
$50 shipped.

Attachments

• IMAG0222.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 390
  • IMAG0223.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 379
Zhandful: ave some old BMX bikes. My project is a RRS 24" cruiser, have the bike but some prior owner really jacked up the frame taking paint off with something like a grinder. Debating bondo up frame and painting or have it replicated by a custom frame builder.
You have a RRS? You lucky bastard! Always wanted one.Had a Powerlite,Mongoose,Kuwaharaand a Harry Leary Diamond Back Turbo.Fun times.

Just picked up my old 1985 GT Pro Performer........ I've been searching for a while and finally tracked her down. Went out and made the drive out to get her back. All the chrome is still pristine, the original decals are there. The wheels are still there and straight. The brake is missing the pads and the cable, the whole crank setup is gone, the seat and post long gone too. Luckily I can get similar ones easily and will have it done in a week. It survived so well as the guy who bought it from my friend, I sold it to years ago, bought it apparently for parts. He Pulled what he needed and up into the garage loft it went....... Years later when his parents moved they found it up there and he took it back but wasn't really into bmx anymore so into his attic it went. When I finally was able to track him down he was like yeah! As a matter of fact I have it still. Parents found it in their stuff and now its up in my attic, you want it? Yeah make me an offer and its yours..... So now I Have her Back!!!!! Dumb as it sounds its like my old long lost girl friend has returned sort of....... The wife is already giving the bike the evil eye...... I'm going to build another one similar to it for my daughter who has taken an interest in BMX and wants to ride with her dad.

MoparMan, where are you located? Im In Tustin too. I should cruise over on my old Dyno Bazooka. I got a not so old Haro Backtrail that im trying to do up. Still looking for some cheap Z-rims, lay back seat post and some 170 cranks. I had a team Huffy frame back in 82 that everyone laughed at until they picked it up, whole bike was under 20 lbs complete.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back