FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Contact seller
WANTED: RAYBESTO RACING BRAKE SHOES 10 x 1.75"
FRONT and REAR

Also interested in other widths, sizes.

I refuse to change out my drum brakes on my Big Block Dart.
And I couldn't be happier. Especially since most racing has evolved to 1/8 mile here in the Southeast. Racers are now actually scrapping their disc brake setup and going back to Drums to save front end weight.
Drum brakes work well when prepped for Race.

Trying to find these elusive Brake Shoes/Pads for front and rear. I need 2 full pairs for racing.
ANY LEADS APPRECIATED.
Sorry, I have no pics. They are super rare and can't even find pics on Google.

PLEASE RESPOND VIA PM ONLY.
(Really tired of other Members snaking parts off my wanted listings. :icon_fU:)

MANY THANKS. :D:rolleyes:

GTS 2011.jpg

You are looking for these ? I have sets on the front & rear of my 64 barracuda. I had a set on the rear and was looking for a set for the front, I was a service manager at a repair shop in Cleveland in the 90's and one of our customers was Bendix, while talking to a guy from Bendix I told him I was looking for a set for the front to match the rear He told me that they hadn't made sense the 70's but as he LOL he said he had a set on his desk as a display. The next day he came in and gave them to me for free, Unbelievable, I don't get lucky that often I couldn't believe they were the right shoes and probably the last set available. I hope you find a set because my car will out stop a disc brake car from 115 MPH with no problem.

fl0117-275900_3@2x.jpg

Try calling Rochester Brake and Clutch in New York state. They can line and arc any shoe with a wide variety of materials.

You are looking for these ? I have sets on the front & rear of my 64 barracuda. I had a set on the rear and was looking for a set for the front, I was a service manager at a repair shop in Cleveland in the 90's and one of our customers was Bendix, while talking to a guy from Bendix I told him I was looking for a set for the front to match the rear He told me that they hadn't made sense the 70's but as he LOL he said he had a set on his desk as a display. The next day he came in and gave them to me for free, Unbelievable, I don't get lucky that often I couldn't believe they were the right shoes and probably the last set available. I hope you find a set because my car will out stop a disc brake car from 115 MPH with no problem.

View attachment 1715289692
Thanks, Brian...at least I know what they look like!
Glad you got a set.

Thanks, Brian...at least I know what they look like!
Glad you got a set.

The ones I have have 4 blocks on each shoe, I don't think they ever ware out you just replace the drums LOL, they are just sintered metal blocks glued to the shoe so they make clutches out of them so they should be able to make them I would think.

The ones I have have 4 blocks on each shoe, I don't think they ever ware out you just replace the drums LOL, they are just sintered metal blocks glued to the shoe so they make clutches out of them so they should be able to make them I would think.
I dont think these are the raybesto. The Raybestos are a softer compound and hafta be replaced eventually. No metallic in them.

I think they were called (Red Devil) or (Velvet Touch).
The hotter they get the better they stop, never had a wheel lock up, they really are to the best shoes I have ever had, manual brakes and it will throw you through the windshield without much pedal effort.

I think they were called (Red Devil) or (Velvet Touch).
The hotter they get the better they stop, never had a wheel lock up, they really are to the best shoes I have ever had, manual brakes and it will throw you through the windshield without much pedal effort.
Damn, these'll work. Cool ****.
I'll use these if I can fine 'em.

Raybestos has, or at least had, a large selection of racing compounds.
Both a Velvatouch and IIRC Raybestos 31M were recomended in the Rally bulletin.
I'd see what Rochester has to offer out the current selection based on your requirements.
Your brakes will be relatively cold.
Not all lining compounds can be fitted to shoes.

Although this guy is posting about pads linings, the chart is good summary of the different characteristics to consider in addition to friction.
Raybestos Brake Pad Compounds - Race & Track Driving (formerly Win HPDE)
If you look at many OEM shoes sets, they used a different compound on the primary than the secondary. There's many ways to make drums work better for the anticipated use.

I found a couple sets on ebay but none for mopar, this set is for a ford. looks like the only difference is the wheel cyl style. nothing a mig welder and die grinder wouldn't fix, the price is right if the diam and width is right

NOS Ford Mustang Segmented Velvet Touch brake shoes | eBay
Interesting, but I am told the Raybestos were not metallic.
Really wanna avoid anything metallic. Usually a big break in period.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back