Warning about Dash Masters (Alan Fox)

-
well guys after reading my post alan texted me and we had a lengthy back and forth discussion this eve,,he wasn't happy with my post and explained that he would have shipped my pad whether I had 25 cores or not ( I think it moved me up the line though) or it's a heck of a coincidence,,any ways he had been having problems with the production of the pads and that there is finally seeing light at the end of the tunnel.i explained to him that I didn't make up any thing and my posts are true the lack of communication on his part was what had me mad and that if he had responded to my numerous texts emails and calls in September and let me know what was going on I would have been ok with waiting a couple months to receive my pad.. his explanation was that if he spent the time calling and emailing everyone (100's of pads ordered) it would have delayed fixing the machines that make from pads. getting the bugs worked out. etc and shipping more..to which I replied that the not hearing nothing from him and then when you read about other folks not getting there product you get to thinking you are getting ripped off and I think its better to respond to someone and let them know that there is a 3 month backup but you will definitely receive your pad would have been the better route to go other than no response at all just let me sit here and get more fired up .. he agreed and apologized for the delay and told me that hopefully within 60 days all of his orders will be shipped or refunded and all of the cores that were received will be sent there core fee and shipping fees I believe that he was telling me the truth I am in no way getting anything for my post here and I think that any of you folks out there waiting on a pad or core fee from alan and his company will receive one in the next couple of months so guys this may not be a response from alan but after our discussion today I feel he will make it right with everyone still waiting he was gaining nothing from telling me all this and my advice to him was to respond to the customer even if its something they don't want to hear as that's all it would have taken for me to feel that I wasn't getting ripped would have been a simple text of were having problems aint forgot you please be patient will have it shipped in the next month or so.. I hope this makes someone feel a little better though a personal message from him or his company to anyone still waiting would propably make you feel better but I think he is got the bugs worked out and will take care of ya all ..I am pleased with my pad now that it's on my shelf waiting to be installed and hopefully everyone else will be soon,,,Joe

..I am pleased with my pad now that it's on my shelf waiting to be installed and hopefully everyone else will be soon,,,Joe

Glad you got your pad. How does it look? is it nice? Maybe post a few pictures, so we can see how good it came out....

Got deluged with orders and felt time best served getting orders done and out, probably should have hired someone to contact buyers better.Which was brought up to me by Joe B.So yes agree.Should be caught up soon. For some that will be acceptable and they have been willing to wait longer than they should have and some will be upset and nothing we can say or do will change that...

When the work day is done, you can sit down and make phone calls, send emails out etc. Communication and HONESTY is key with people. If your work on dashes is good, then people will understand for the most part.

Big thing to remember, right up front don't blow smoke up someones skirt just to get the work, tell them straight up it could take 6 months or whatever, and if it does an occasional email to update your customers is all it takes most times!

Glad you got your pad. How does it look? is it nice? Maybe post a few pictures, so we can see how good it came out....
the pad is very nice and I am happy and im quite picky, it has one tiny spot perhaps about 1/2 inch square where the grain is smooth but it took me a couple min to find it again when I got the pad off the shelf to take some pics i would say it's show worthy i will try to upload some photos but i don't have much luck uploading pics to forums

trying to upload some pics without any luck

Attachments

• 2014-01-20_09-49-16_727 (1).jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 807
  • 2014-01-20_09-49-16_727.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 766
  • 2014-01-20_09-50-49_860.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 808
  • 2014-01-20_09-50-05_979.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 831
  • 2014-01-20_09-51-38_822.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 789
well I guess it worked there not the best pics but it looks nice trust me,,the wifes happy and if the wifes happy im thrilled

I have had a similar experience buying a dash pad from Allen Fox for a torino. He does not return calls, and when finally contacted promises and does not deliver, I am out over 800.00 dollars. Does anyone have an address and/or phone # were he exists. I have googled all listed address and vacant lots only show up. If anyone runs into this gentleman at any shows take his picture so it can be posted like a wanted poster. Earlier someone mentioned a spring fling and autumn show, Can you be more specfic What other shows does he attend.Does he supply dash pads to any auto supply company .Maybe we can get a lead on him.Any help would be appreciated.

So he's too busy and swamped with work to get people the parts out that they paid for. Yet somehow he magically finds the time when he hears of a guy who wants to send him 20 cores. What are the odds? Too busy to return calls after he gets the money but he immediately returns calls when it involves cores that are going to make him more money.

The guy sounds like a straight up ponzi scheme style scam artist who needs an *** whooping to straighten himself out. He probably gets his big customers their stuff on time and then screws over the little guy and just hopes he doesn't make enough noise to make any waves that affect his business.

torinogt, you need to PM furyrestored and get the guys information and start hounding him.

And he finds time to log onto FABO to do damage control! How stupid does he think people are? Joe only got his product because he outsmarted the bad guy. My dart dash will be refinished by someone I check out thoroughly.

Maybe the name of his business should be changed to "Dash Bastards".....

But then again, some people may think that you are describing Kris Kardashian's grandkids....

Call me at 915-345-9112 or 915-859-5155.Location of business is 14790 Marina ave.El Paso Texas 79938.Will be happy to let anyone know what show we will be at when and where.Any pads that have fallen through the cracks will be handled or refunded.Anyone wants to meet me at show personally just let me know I will be there.I am concentrating on catching up with back orders and have not advertised in quite awhile to concentrate on open orders and I let my dealers handle a lot of the orders so they can do the customer service and follow up on orders so that I am dealing with a few contacts not hundreds...Feel free to text me when you are available to take call back as I get a lot of calls and am out on factory floor a lot taking care of production so sometimes hard to reach.Not going to keep posting but like I said before we are shipping hundreds of pads per month and will continue to do so...

That is one day shipment we make over 35 different dash pads.. Like I stated we have been buried with orders and some have fallen through the cracks which we will get to or take care of..we are not in business to make enemies.Our plant is open 5-6 days a week with an address if 14790 Marina.It is not on an empty lot and easy to google.Will be happy to list shows and booth numbers as they become available...

Phone numbers 915-345-9112 and 915-859-5155 Lot of times answer box can be full but text a number and best contact time and will get back to whoever.

Phone numbers 915-345-9112 and 915-859-5155 Lot of times answer box can be full but text a number and best contact time and will get back to whoever.

Wow! I can't believe that I have to give you a lesson in business.

There's an issue with your "answer box" getting full. My boss used to get on my @ss to keep my phone mail from filling up. It's not "professional". YOU, as a businessman have to keep up with it.

That whole b.s. on "if my box is full, just text me...." WTF? That is an easy way to have to dodge talking to people who you do not have a "good" answer for. Just leave them hanging.... It's very obvious that you are stringing people along, then popping up once in a while to try to save face...

Now about stringing people along:

Communication is key. You have to talk to your customers and let them know WTF is going on. Don't string people along and tell them that their stuff will be there soon, if it won't. You owe it to them to give them an honest, accurate time estimate when their parts will be done. Don't tell them, "It'll be done Friday", if it won't. You are just stalling and trying to avoid the issue because you don't have a good answer/reason to tell them.

There is a guy on here that rebuilds carburetors for others. He does a great job, and people are happy with his work. He just posted in the last week that he was hit hard with the snow storm, had a hole in his garage roof from a fallen tree, his power was out, and he was using a power generator to hang in there. He literally had to unplug his refrigerator for 5 minutes to log on here and make a post that anybody who has work with him will be delayed until he gets his situation under control. Everyone then appreciated the update and understands his problem. He then, keeps his good reputation.

Have you heard of reputation? It is what other people think about you and your business. It can make or break your business. By not communicating, you are creating a bad reputation and as you can see, people start to spread the word. This all goes back to communication. You have to communicate with people and let them know what's going on. Even if you don't have good news to tell them, you owe them the truth. YOU TOOK THEIR MONEY!

If you know that you can't finish a part when you tell your customers it will be done, then why tell them in the first place. Why don't you figure out when it will really be done, throw two weeks "padding" (pardon the pun) in there in case something happens and it gets delayed somehow. Then if you get it done sooner, send it out and pleasantly surprise them that it is done early. Not string them along with unobtainable dates that you will not meet. This just breaks any trust that anyone will have with you and ruins your reputation.

Trust, it is very important in business. I for one would not hand you a dash pad to restore, and cash up front after reading this thread and seeing how you conduct your business. I DON'T TRUST YOU NOW. YOU HAVE RUINED YOUR REPUTATION.

If you can't run your business, maybe you should think of stopping, and going to work for someone else that can. You will not last if you don't change the way that you are conducting your business.

Have been producing dash pads for over 10 years.Will not be popping up on boards just making sure someone who says they can't find our address has it or says they can not get a hold of me has a way to.Including when I am not available sending a text so they can be called back and I can talk to them.

I am not in the market for a dash! However, after reading of the troubles that "customers" of yours have had with getting their product, having to chase you down at shows to get a refund, and your attempts at damage control and how you're too busy making the products to communicate with the very customer you are making the products for, I would never consider buying a product from you!!

How's that for an unbiased opinion of your reputation??

Have been producing dash pads for over 10 years.Will not be popping up on boards just making sure someone who says they can't find our address has it or says they can not get a hold of me has a way to.Including when I am not available sending a text so they can be called back and I can talk to them.

I'd be surprised if you last another 10 years with that attitude! Perhaps you need to hire an assistant if business is that good!!:finga:

hey alan... why don't we tell these fine folks how long you have had my cuda??? 17k down payment over three years ago for a restoration you said would take less than a year... the body work has not even been done! and where is my 440? stolen and put in another project of yours im assuming. what a joke. business? you are in the business of deception and lies. empty promises. never returning calls or texts. I wish I had never gone to you for this restoration.
you sure came looking for me when you needed that 17k for your new shop though, didn't you...?

if you want to keep what little business you have, I suggest you keep your word on this car... the BBB would love to hear from me, not to mention my lawyer with a subpoena for all your business transactions... your call...

hey alan... why don't we tell these fine folks how long you have had my cuda??? 17k down payment over three years ago for a restoration you said would take less than a year... the body work has not even been done! and where is my 440? stolen and put in another project of yours im assuming. what a joke. business? you are in the business of deception and lies. empty promises. never returning calls or texts. I wish I had never gone to you for this restoration.
you sure came looking for me when you needed that 17k for your new shop though, didn't you...?

if you want to keep what little business you have, I suggest you keep your word on this car... the BBB would love to hear from me, not to mention my lawyer with a subpoena for all your business transactions... your call...

Wow... Just Wow.... :wack:

I was getting worked up over my 425.00 dang..17 k I would be in jail now if they could have ever figured out which unhappy customer did it..that takes some big balls there...

Have you guys tried to cantact Allan by phone?

Is he answering or returning calls and texts, like he said he was? Or is he lying about that?

I had a couple cores that I told him I would sell him and he texted me and said he needed them so I told him I would go and get a shipping quote to his place and he could send me a check or pay me paypal and i would then ship them..i wrapped the 2 pads up and went to the post office and got 2 quotes regular and priority and emailed him and asked which way he wanted to ship them. he told me to ship them priority and I said as soon as I received payment they would be shipped, I waited a month and heard nothing so I set them out for trash pickup with the wrapping and shipping label on them and then texted him and told him to not worry about sending the payment as I threw them out got sick of moving them from one side to the other of my shop. he texted me back and said he forgot about them because he has been so busy..oh well I really would have liked to have known that they would have been recovered and on someone elses car but it just seems like it is a major waiting and wondering deal when you are dealing with him.. I wish all the best of luck and I am glad I got my pad for my roadrunner but will head a different route the next time I need one..

I am not in the market for a dash! However, after reading of the troubles that "customers" of yours have had with getting their product, having to chase you down at shows to get a refund, and your attempts at damage control and how you're too busy making the products to communicate with the very customer you are making the products for, I would never consider buying a product from you!! How's that for an unbiased opinion of your reputation??
This^ exactly my opinion as well. If your going to own/operate a business. Make damn sure you at least know wtf your doing and are adequately staffed to do so

This v
I would certainly love to know!
hey alan... why don't we tell these fine folks how long you have had my cuda??? 17k down payment over three years ago for a restoration you said would take less than a year... the body work has not even been done! and where is my 440? stolen and put in another project of yours im assuming. what a joke. business? you are in the business of deception and lies. empty promises. never returning calls or texts. I wish I had never gone to you for this restoration. you sure came looking for me when you needed that 17k for your new shop though, didn't you...? if you want to keep what little business you have, I suggest you keep your word on this car... the BBB would love to hear from me, not to mention my lawyer with a subpoena for all your business transactions... your call...

-
Back