Was I hozed in the classifieds ..?

-

grassy

Reaction score
Folks,

Made a purchase a few weeks ago off this site and have had the feeling like I have been had...but I will toss it out to you..probably nothing I can do about it but here but it will make me fell better having response from you...

I have been looking for a set of wheel adapters as a much less expensive route to go to lbp from sbp...the average price on this board seems to be @ $ 35.00 for 2 or 75 a set..anyway, I see this add..

"I just had a set of 1 1/4 in. billet wheel adapters made for my barracuda and found out I don;t need them after all....shoot me a PM if interested and we'll talk " No picture.

Since they were new, I offered more than $70.00 plus shipping. I get a great deal..he gets to unload something for cash..win/win.

Got the adapters in the mail..opened the box and there were only two..so I e-mail him and he just iterated what he paid for them and didn't offer anything..

Was it just stoopid me ?

Grassy

rt]to

Seems to me a set would be a whole set,that would be four.

You can never assume someone can read your mind so you gotta ask the hard questions before making the sale even if you don't wanna tick someone off by asking a stupid question.
If they get nasty with you, forget them.

I went back to the original post & further to where he mentioned why he got them made up. He only got 2 originally. No intent to hose appears to be there. Looks like just poor communication.
You could try to negotiate with him over the confusion, but other than that, a deal's a deal. Chalk it up to experience, learn your life's lesson & just be grateful it wasn't over something much more expensive

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=91431&highlight=wheel+adapters

I don't know……

My opinion…

A pair would be 2.

A set would be 4.

In the end……. I would have asked how many I was getting.

I agree with 68 re: the terminology but not everyone defines it that way these days. Yes, it would have been wise to clarify this before the deal was finalized but at this point, I think you are stuck with them unless subzero wanted to show some goodwill and take them back, refund your purchase price and you eat the shipping (either one way or both ways). Good luck.

I think it was lack of or poor communication. Not to take any sides I think I would have clarified this before I bought them. On the other hand I could see where the confusion may come from also. Maybe you guys can work something out. My two cents worth.

You might have to take one on the chin and move on. This sounds like a difference of terminology resulting in a communication breakdown. I agree with the others, a (set) would constitute- 4 and a pair- 2. Others might say there`s a set for the front and one for the back. IDK? Anyway, Summit Racing sells a pair in the $40.00 range. Perhaps you can buy another pair (set) and be done with it. Lesson learned.

"I just had a set of 1 1/4 in. billet wheel adapters made for my barracuda and found out I don;t need them after all....shoot me a PM if interested and we'll talk "

Evidently there was not enough talking.

I wouldn't say you were hosed.
Doubt if there was any intent to get over on you.

I once saw a set of rear 5 piece trim for an early Barracuda on the bay, looked pretty nice from the photo's, had a BIN price that was very reasonable, not wanting to let a bidding war escalate the price I hit the BIN option, when received they had been painted (couldn't tell from the photo) you win some, loose some.
If I had questioned the seller I would have known what I was getting. Getting caught up in the moment can have unexpected results.

Without pictures first, you can't assume anything. Always ask questions and keep copies of PM's or emails until both parties are happy with the transaction. This should just be considered bad communication on both parts. Live and learn.

I have a single billet aluminum 1-1/4" sbp to lbp adapter you can have for free. I bought it to test tire fitment but meanwhile I found some sbp wheels I liked. I am sure I will never use it. Maybe another member has a single one floating around they don't need....

To me, a set is two.
"Wow! that lady has a nice set of (fill in the blank)"
That would be the way i look at it.
Bottom line, he sent them, you paid and if it's a miscommunication, maybe try to work it out with him or chalk it up to experience to be more thorough when you buy something and ask more questions.
Billet made stuff isn't cheap, i think you got what you paid for.
Just my 2 cents.

When we sold these back in the 80's they were two to a box. Had to by two sets to get a full car.

Hows that for confusing the point.

Probably should have asked how many you were buying.

If I order a set of wheels. I'd better get FOUR! But, I can see where a set of adapters may be construed as 4 or 2. Many folks go 8 3/4 with big bolt axles, get a set of big bolt wheels then get a set of adapters for the front. It's all confusing...

Man If I see a chick with four I'm marryin her!!!! LoL a pair is two a set is four when it comes to wheels but in this case I see no intent to decieve and really the ones for 35 a set are cast aluminum and not considered very safe with big hp rating or cornring in mind but I'm gonna venture to say billet will be substancially stronger than the old mr gasket units so add disk brakes to the front of the car and yur good to go and to stop or turn. a set of salt and pepper shakers would be two,a set of lug nuts would be 20 a set of wheels would be four prolly should have questioned more about it, I had looked at the ad and considered em to but I also thought they was four in the set and passed on em cause $ was a bit tight
To me, a set is two.
"Wow! that lady has a nice set of (fill in the blank)"
That would be the way i look at it.
Bottom line, he sent them, you paid and if it's a miscommunication, maybe try to work it out with him or chalk it up to experience to be more thorough when you buy something and ask more questions.
Billet made stuff isn't cheap, i think you got what you paid for.
Just my 2 cents.

First ask questions
Second, if in dout get a picture
Third and most important is COMMUNICATION!!

I guess it would depend on if you were advertising for a single,twin,four,six or eight or ten or twelve cyl. wouldn't it,if you advertised a set for a V-8 and only sent four you would be a real jerk wouldn't you.

I guess it would depend on if you were advertising for a single,twin,four,six or eight or ten or twelve cyl. wouldn't it,if you advertised a set for a V-8 and only sent four you would be a real jerk wouldn't you.

Have you ever ordered a custom set of pistons from Ross or Wiesco? You get a set of 10 for a V8. But this isn't the point, had he asked or asked for a picture, IE: communication, this wouldn't even a thread now would it!

Wheel related terms a set is 4 a pair is 2,just my opinion.

-
Back