Was offered a nice '70 challenger for my dart...

-

GSS340

Reaction score
Was offered a '70 challenger yesterday for my dart...WHAT NERVE!

Who did they take me for?:wack:

Seriously though, my buddies dad has a really nice factory #'s matching 318, auto challenger, probably a #4 car, really nice driver and local show car. Banana yellow, white top and interior.

It got me thinking and I love those damn ebodies but I gotta stick with my factory swinger 340. It's almost done and will be SOOOO nice (plus will be my 1st finished resto). This dart has become family and with every new turn and cool find (recent Americal Vietnam find) it becomes way more interesting and fun than a run of the mill challenger....plus I know this dart in and out and whats been put into doing the resto right. The challenger could be a ticking rust time bomb and need resto down the road and I could not afford to do another one.

If the challenger were Go Mango though it would be a tough decision....

yeah really what a nerve, i mean i like ebodies but gotta love a swinger and you sound like you are pretty attached so id keep it especially with a 340 :) :toothy7: what else you need to have her done?

Just time really...I have tracked down and bought almost everything needed except for exhaust. Detailed and cleaned what good parts I did have and put them away so when body is done all I have to do is start assy..hopefully.

The cars on a rotisserie right now and I'm cleaning and detailing the underneath. Will be reundercoated and this ways easier to finish out the inner fender welds (put new 1/4s on it) and put the new brake/fuel lines in too. Once I finish the undercarriage hopefully in a couple weeks (full time army and spare times hard to find) I want to bolt the newly detailed rearend and springs back in and finish off the outer body smoothing and get it ready for paint. Then I can move her to the house and start final assy and burn some midnight oil.

Car is at buddies shop about an hour away and its hard to put in a good night working on it AFTER a full days work, drive home and get up at the crack of dawn and do it again. When it gets here finally then all I have to do is walk out one door and work on it. Thats when it will get finished quickly.

NOTE: This is not a for sale ad....but he was just offered $15,000 for it and is thinking about it. I was over there the other day and the conversation about my car came up.

Here is a shot of the car offered. It's a factory 318 (still there) but has R/T stripes and hood now.

whatever 026.jpg

I'm an A-Bod guy too, but I do like '70 Challengers...along with '67 GTX's,'66-'67 Chargers,'67 Coronet RT's....hmmm,maybe I'm a hybrid!. From just that picture,it looks to be a nice car for that price.

Oh yeah its a gorgeous car. An older resto (89 I think) and it needs some attention but not alot. If I wanted a nice looker and slow cruiser I would be all over it or had extra cash laying around I'd snatch it up but my swinger has drained my major funds. Plus with my swinger I can look good and go alot faster than a stock challenger. :wav:

Hey, I gotst a idea-r.....lets buy it , put a $10k crate HEMI in it, take it to Barrett-Jackson and sell it for a cool $100k...or more as a "re-creation".

GSS340 said:
NOTE: This is not a for sale ad....but he was just offered $15,000 for it and is thinking about it. I was over there the other day and the conversation about my car came up.

Here is a shot of the car offered. It's a factory 318 (still there) but has R/T stripes and hood now.

Where is that Challenger located? That trade is something I would have to think hard about with my 69 depending on the condition of the Challenger.

ValiantMike said:
No way. Nice 340 Swinger like new for that. That cars a chick car.

LOL! You maybe right not to crazy about the color combo but I have always loved the e-bods (especially 70-71's). My dad had a Plum Crazy 71 R/T 383 car that he sold just as I turned 16 that car still haunts me :sad9: It would take a nice e-bod for me to trade my Dart.

Car's located in Southern Illinois. Chick car ha! It is his wifes car.

I love e-bodies too but I am picky about how they're built and even as nice as it looks go through it and make it my own WHICH would cost me even more $$$ so no way.

-
Back