Watched American Graffitti again.....for the 200th time

-

rp23g7

Reaction score
So my buddy got a new dvd player and surround and had me come over to watch movies, AG of course.

His new player is really clear on his LCD and does the zoom in thing. So we spent 2 or 3 hrs going through the movie, ever noticed when Milner and the girl are going through the junk yard there is a 67 Ford wagon on the stack? Really cool zooming in on background cars, there is a early Pinto in the background up the street when Kurt gets thrown out of the VW and goes to chase the T Bird.

Couple of questions though for those of you who are old enough. Would people just sit on some other random persons car, like Kurt does before the Pharoes find him?

Would a girl just go up to a random dude and ask for a ride home?

Not old enough to answer your questions but still like watching the movie mostly up at our cabin on an old vhs I think watching the old movies is best done in the old format.

My wife is from Modesto, and the first time i went there i went looking for the filming places, I remember seeing Mels in San Fran before they tore it down, and Carly remembers when they filmed the movie, but it was filmed in Petaluma.

Modesto does have a Paradise Road, i went to find it the first time i went there, but it looked nothing like the area in the movie. I asked Paul LeMat about it when they had a roadster show in Seattle, and he said it was to built up by then and the race was filmed in Petaluma too.

George Lucas plaza is in Modesto as well as Back to Graffitii car show, tons of cars there

Field car a car that drives around a field and spreads crap all over. It a cross between piss yellow and puke green

Yep,gotta love that movie.One of the songs is the one I picked out for our wedding social song. I think we used it at our wedding ,too.Not sure ,that was about 30 years ago.:happy6:

"your car is uglier than I am!"

I love that movie :love4:

No Doubt, that movie made me go out and find a 58 Belaire, too bad it was a pile and i sold it.

I actually sold my boat to a guy named Rick Blackstock, he worked on the Impala, i didnt know it was actually from Spokane, Wa. He drove the Brief Encounter jet car and Top Fuel dragster in the 70's and 80's at SIR, Pacific Raceways now, for you Pacific Northwest guys.

http://kathyschrock.net/graffiti/impala.htm

WOO HOO Look at me, 1000 posts

That movie never get's old. You got the bitchin'est car in the valley. I ain't nobody dork. Gotta love it.

Yea i can watch AG and Grease over and over, dont know what it is about Christine though, cant watch that more than once or twice at a time.

One of my all time favorites, this and In Harms Way, cant beat speed and ships sending shells!

Dig that movie but Platoon is the only movie I watch everytime I flip across it.Cant seem to flip past it. If i,m gonna die for a word my words Poontang.

Dig that movie but Platoon is the only movie I watch everytime I flip across it.Cant seem to flip past it. If i,m gonna die for a word my words Poontang.

UMMM, Thats Full Metal Jacket, Adam Baldwin quote

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFgTMYEaWlc"]YouTube - American Graffiti[/ame]

There's a scene earlier when Harrison is talking to someone at a stoplight and you can see the steering column in the '55 move around with his movements.

You didn't sit on a stranger's car unless you were looking for trouble. You really didn't sit on a nice paint job. And only the naughty girls asked a stranger for a ride home. Back then, of course, they made it home...eventually...

Ken

AG is my favorite movie.And Hollywood Knights also !!That movie never fails to crack me up!They dont make movies like that anymore!

I have never seen Hollywood Knights, or the California Kid, everyone tells me to watch, but i cant find them anywhere.

Newbomb Turk :notworth: :notworth: :notworth:

AG is the movie that got me into Muscle Cars...

Saw it at the Bellflower Drive In, and soon after I got a '65 Mustang fastback.

We used to cruise Whittier Blvd and Bellflower Blvd.

I was in 11th Grade.

---

-
Back