Water Leaking Around Water Pump Bolt

-
Teflon sealant, not teflon tape. Its a thread sealant. So is locktite and anti-sieze.
I dont like adjusting my belts, because i know if i move a bolt it will leak. So i do timing cover too.
Its been a while since i was in there.13 years since i touched any bolts on the front of that engine.i used never-sieze.
Black RTV will work perfect. IMO never seize will not stop a leak. I'm out.....

I just use what works. RTV has always worked for me. Whether I had to go back and move the bolt or not, it never leaked once I sealed it. That's just what I use.

Use whatever you want. Use nothing at all. I don't care. I'm not gonna take up pages arguing about what to use. I gave a recommendation. It works for me.

My most recent experience... I put my relay enclosure on the right frame rail so the swing arm of the alternator mount needed shortened 1.25 inches. That bolt had to come out. First drained the radiator.
RTV works but clean and dry is a must. Easy enough to wire brush the bolt but I had been gone a few hours altering the swing arm, etc,,, and the bolt hole was still dripping coolant. So...
I pulled a heater hose and flushed the system with clear water until all coolant was gone. Followed with compressed air, removed the belts, fired it up and let it run a couple minutes. Engine heat got everything warm and dry.

-
Back