Water Leaking in

-

jhdeval

Reaction score
Today I went through a car wash to find where the leaks were and low and behold they were not where I expected. There was the ones from the door windows which I did expect but there was water flooding in from the air box under the dash. Any idea why or what I need to do to fix that?

I had the same problem on my Duster. What i did to fix it was unstop the drains. I took a coat hander and ran it through the drain holes in the cowl area. Shoulda seen all the crap that was built up in there, probly took 2 hours or so of fishing all the leaves and trash out, then i blew it out with the air hose and ran water thru it a few times to make sure it was draining like it was sposed too, hasn't leaked since then.

Today I went through a car wash to find where the leaks were and low and behold they were not where I expected. There was the ones from the door windows which I did expect but there was water flooding in from the air box under the dash. Any idea why or what I need to do to fix that?

Had the same problem on my 74 Dart. Was happening on the passenger side.
Turned out it was leaking through the lower windshield/weather strip, on that side.

Don't forget to check your wiper pivot gaskets! Often overlooked, but a cheap and easy fix.

-
Back