Water pump and TC bolts?

-

DionR

Reaction score
Anyone have a list of sizes and quantities for the water pump and timing cover bolts for a 6.4?

Not looking for locations so much, my brother needs to purchase some and we're not sure what is needed. I've found parts on websites, but nothing says how many of each.

Thanks.

After looking and pictures and part schematics on some Mopar parts websites, this is the list I put together.

(9) 0610218AA - M8x1.25x85 - Timing cover and water pump to block
(5) 6503202 - M8x1.25x35 - Water pump to timing cover
(1) 6102157AA - M8x1.25x58 - Timing cover to block
(1) 6502929 - M8x1.25x119 - Water pump to block
(1) 06506684AA - M8x1.25x119 double ended stud - Water pump to block

There is an ARP kit that seems to duplicate the above list with the difference of only 8 of the 85mm longs bolts instead of 9 and they supply two 119mm long bolts instead of one bolt and one double ended stud. And it is $100 or so.

Not really certain about the quantities other than what ARP ships in their kit. I count 17 bolt holes, but ARP shows 16 besides what appears to be the thermostat housing bolts, sensor retainer bolts and etc. So I'm kind of guessing at what is needed.

An no idea what the double ended stud is about. It is the bolt right above the water pump pulley (not the one in the cover) and no picture I can find shows anything bolted to the stud that sticks out. Best guess is it is a stud used during the assembly of the car (motor lifting bracket??) but isn't needed once the motor is in the car.

Stupid thing about it all? If I go through the Mopar website to buy the complete bolt kit, the bolts add up to $46.45, but they want $56.29 to ship them to me. What kind of bull is that?? And if I knock it down to only 6 of the 85mm long bolts (I have some already), the total for the bolts drops to $38.59 and shipping is more than cut in half to $25.45. Three bolts makes a $30.84 difference in shipping??? What a crock.

I think I will suggest he just go buy some generic bolts at NAPA or Home Depot. At least (in theory), I know what we need now.

Wish I could be of more specific help my friend, but hardware store grade 5 (3 point) bolts are fine. My advise is carefully measure the depth and be aware of the dangerous one. There is one bolt, that will go into the water jacket and can break the bottom of the cylinder skirt

Wish I could be of more specific help my friend, but hardware store grade 5 (3 point) bolts are fine.

Yep, that's the direction I am leaning.

My advise is carefully measure the depth and be aware of the dangerous one. There is one bolt, that will go into the water jacket and can break the bottom of the cylinder skirt

Nice thing is, this is for my brother's 6.4 G3 Hemi so there are no bolts that can break into the water jacket.

Anyone have a list of sizes and quantities for the water pump and timing cover bolts for a 6.4?

Not looking for locations so much, my brother needs to purchase some and we're not sure what is needed. I've found parts on websites, but nothing says how many of each.

Thanks.
Any idea if they are the same as the 5.7? I just pulled the water pump off my 5.7 and bagged all the bolts. Happy to measure for you if they are the same.

FYI. look up online bolt suppliers. Surprisingly much cheaper than local stores.

Any idea if they are the same as the 5.7? I just pulled the water pump off my 5.7 and bagged all the bolts. Happy to measure for you if they are the same.

FYI. look up online bolt suppliers. Surprisingly much cheaper than local stores.

The part numbers I found appear to cross to all 5.7/6.1/6.4 and it didn't matter if it was an Eagle 5.7 or not. So I am pretty sure whatever you have should be a good match. Not sure on the 6.2, but I know the rest were covered.

Some verifications would be great! Thanks.

Even a local supplier will be cheaper than the dealers. Bolt cost themselves aren't horrible, but shipping is stupid. Drop them in a small flat rate box or even a padded envelope, doesn't take some huge box or weigh a ton. $50+ to ship 17 bolts?? Guessing there is a "handling fee" that is driving the shipping through the roof.

Here’s the water pump bolts. Idler pulley has a special bolt with a shoulder on it, so that isn’t shown here.

1CF42D9B-5A2F-4CC1-83C1-6BCF45A34193.jpeg

Timing cover bolts with the exception of the oil pan bolts that screw into the cover. A couple odd lengths in these, but I don’t see why you couldn’t use a standard length.

F11B8AF6-748F-4D21-988D-AB9AD6C3F61B.jpeg

-
Back