water pump for 360 mild race

-

moparraceman

Reaction score
were can i get a water pump, that has the extra implers like 7 or8 compared to 6. i think there air condition pumps ,but what year and car do they come on ? thanks

Rock Auto.
Pick a year, say, 1978 Monaco with a 360. They list a half dozen of them under "water pumps, high volume/pressure".
upload_2022-8-6_21-41-44.png

Or go to FlowKooler. Or Milodon. Or Holley, Edelbrock, or Mr. Gasket. There's others, too.

I bought/installed a Milodon hi-flow pump in about year 2000 . It comes with 8 blades, an anti-cavitation plate, and the big bearing and shaft. It is still on the car, and has been spinning the;
A/C hi-attack angle, 7-blade all-steel fan; since day-one, some 100,000 plus miles ago; allbeit on a Ford Thermostatic clutch. I think I paid ~80 bucks for it at the time, which was about 2 or 3 times the stocker, but in the end, it has been the cheapest pump I ever bought.
This pump has seen a lotta lotta 7000rpm shifts, and has never thrown a belt.

They don't have them? Didn't check, but thought they made them for the big three.

I have one on the 434 in my Dart, it's been on three engines over the last sixteen years.
Well that's a testament if ever I read one! I'm glad to know it because I'm eventually going to get one for my slant 6.

were can i get a water pump, that has the extra implers like 7 or8 compared to 6. i think there air condition pumps ,but what year and car do they come on ? thanks

Flow Kooler or Milodon. Don’t forget a Stewart Components high flow thermostat.

Flowkooler makes nice pumps.
I have one on the 434 in my Dart, it's been on three engines over the last sixteen years.
I’m glad to hear about the longevity. When they were new, we bought one and it lasted less than a year and it rusted out. Total waste of money.

Six blades MP decided they would use/recommend for racing because there was less parasitic drag. Eight blades they will provide more coolant flow at idle so if you have something that likes to warm up when it sits in idle but cools down just fine when you get going chances are an eight-blade pump and or adjusting your fan closer or using a larger diameter will fix that kind of thing that all said I just like to typically use the eight blade pump because it will definitely keep the sucker cool while it's sitting there waiting AKA staging...and at that level...you arent using a belt driven fan and can rid that drag to compensate for the extra 2 blades . I

I ran into an issue running the 8 arm impeller with a stock 68 A/C pump pulley. I was getting cavitation pits on the front cover. I shift at 6400 and cross the stripe at 6700. I bought a new 8 arm pump and went in and cut off 4 arms (chasing hp) and put an anticavitation plate on it. Problem solved. Still bumps off the thermostat at idle. On the highway it will go up to 205, but that is more the 4:10 rear gear.

Have you used that pump before? I've got one on the shelf but haven't used it yet.

Yep. I've got one on the car now. Good pump, especially when you take the price into consideration.
I'm 99.999% sure that all of these style pumps are made in the same factory. They even share the same casting flaws (pump inlet touches slightly on the timing cover).

The listing for $46 bucks, is the pump shown in the pics the pump you receive? (Edelbrock victor looking pump)

Short answer? Yes.

Long answer? No/Yes. There's a thread on here discussing this style pump and where to get one for a good deal. In it a few people, including myself, ordered one on eBay during 2020-2021 and received a stock style pump with an anti-cavitation plate riveted to the impeller.

Everyone who did, and who contacted CVF, explained I was looking for a pump that had plugs for the heater and bypass instead of nipples and they were happy to exchange it free of charge for the style pictured. They explained that due to supply chain issues they had swaped pump suppliers temporarily.

I also bought one directly before I realized they offered it on eBay for half price and got the correct one.

-
Back