Water pump pulley spacer

-

Mad Dart

Nothing to see Here!
Reaction score
What do you guys do when you need to space the water pump pulley out further than the centering pin on the water pump?

Does someone make a spacer for this or do I need to fabricate my own? I need one right at 1/2".....

Do I just space it and not worry about the centering pin?

I was hoping someone would come up with a different pulley for you , I had the opposite problem with the pump Brian supplied my pulley wasn't deep enough for the pulley on the crank/ballancer so I had to use my old water pump from the 318 which has a shorter snout

Going with a crank trigger sandwiched between the Crank Pulley and the Damper. The Wheel is 1/4" Thick. I already have 1/4" of washers for spacers behind the Water Pump Pully so the 1/2" Spacer I posted up should hopefully get them to line up perfect. Using Electric Fans on this set up so No other spacers will be used on the front side.

...........i think the slants had a 1/2 spacer...............i have some 5/8s .......but i can check 4 a thinner 1.........kim........

The thinnest factory spacer I've seen is 11/16". Maybe it could be milled down?

Louis, they have those at O'Rielly's, Autozone, and Pep Boys. Guess it's too late now, you already ordered it. Hell, you probably have it by now, just saw the date you posted.

I ended up buying a universal alumi crank pully from Mancini,s so my waterpump and cranks pullys would line up on the 410.I tried one of the flexolite adapters,but it was to thick.Just mentioning what I had to do.:D

I ended up buying a universal alumi crank pully from Mancini,s so my waterpump and cranks pullys would line up on the 410.I tried one of the flexolite adapters,but it was to thick.Just mentioning what I had to do.:D

do you have a part # or link for that Scott I would sure like to swap my water pump back to the one Brian sold me ,that home made hose is still good but blocks out my view of the timing strip.

I already had about 1/4" of spacers behind the water pump pulley and the Crank Trigger I am using is 1/4" Thick. So what I am doing is taking out the 1/4" Spacer behind the water pump pulley and setting the new 1/2" spacer in there which will make it line up with the lower pulley that will have the 1/4" thick 36-1 Trigger Wheel behind it.

-
Back