Water Title

-

tiltsix

Reaction score
I am faced with a delima,I found a 2011 R/T Charger in excellent shape with 80,000 miles runs and drives perfect,all options/electronics work like they should.They said they would trade straight up for my 73 Duster /6 3 in floor (base car),.The charger has a (water) title .............What do you think?.......................................................Jeff

You can really chase your tail on a flood damaged vehicle. Corrosion enters the electrical system especially if it was dunked in salt water and one of the reasons an insurance co. seldom fixes a flood victim.

the car is a total , not worth half its retail . flood cars get fine dirt and water seeps through everything , yes everything .

The 2011 Charger is worth around $15K retail with a normal title. Flood title and it's worth around $6k at best. Why do you think they want to trade?

Because they are getting the better end of the deal.

It is a Flood title,they have pics of the car in water.Was only up to bottom of doors......(carpet ,console bottom of seats) got wet.....Fresh water ?was sitting in a garage in Indiana......I am very leary of it and probably keep the Duster.....Thanks all for the replys..................................Jeff

It is a Flood title,they have pics of the car in water.Was only up to bottom of doors......(carpet ,console bottom of seats) got wet.....Fresh water ?was sitting in a garage in Indiana......I am very leary of it and probably keep the Duster.....Thanks all for the replys..................................Jeff
If the car was truly only that deep, and the car was PROPERLY done( removal of entire interior, thoroughly cleaning everything including inside doors,heater box , etc.) the car can be worth up to 80 percent of a clean title car. This is a fact, I worked for one of the biggest dealers that does this. I have had everything from Nissans to Ferraris apart, and trust me it takes many hours of work. If they are not done properly, they are sure to grow bacteria, mold, electrical issues. Without proof of car being done properly, I would stay away.

Always wondered what happened to all those submarine cars, and there are plenty of them......somewhere

Always wondered what happened to all those submarine cars, and there are plenty of them......somewhere
Alot get wholesaled off by the ins co's to rebuilders etc. Bouncing the cars from state to state sometimes gets the title washed. A lot depends on state regs.

Absolutely not. I worked at a GM dealer for 13 years. We used to get auction cars in that were flood cars. They were a ton of trouble,
. That was back when there wasn't so much electronics. Nowdays "everything" has to work or nothing does. Huge problems ahead if you do.

It would also make a gigantic difference whether it was salt water or "fresh" water, AKA a coastal hurricane, etc I would want no part of either

-
Back