waxing over graphics/stripes

-

Dave NEO

Reaction score
anyone found good product to apply over 3m glossy vinyl stripes? lot of contradictory info out there about waxing vinyl graphics but seems some kind of protection would be good. I like Zymol Vinyl Conditioner for interior stuff - maybe occasional treatment on the stripes with that would be good enough. Sort of like idea of sealing the striping edges with a wax though...

You can put Turtle Wax Ice on anything (paint, rubber, plastic, decals...) Great product.
Right over the side stripes? Leaves no white left over wax at all?
I love stripes on the cars but waxing is a chore around the stripes.

decal 006.jpg
Have used this for years and besides super shine it's especially good at leaving no white residue. Probably will go with it over the graphics also.
fwiw - I found Phoenix Graphics stripes worked out well.
P21S Carnauba Wax

Last edited:
Very cool! I checked it out and when we are ready we will be calling.
Since you are the "goto" on Mopar graphics - do you sell the side graphics in a single piece to roll out like a pinstripe and cut at the door jams or just single parts?
thanks,
Joe
it's a single piece with the 3 stripes held in place with the top clear layer until time to remove - just be sure to follow the directions as far as temperatures and wait time before removing the clear protective top layer..there is enough material to wrap into the door jams if you are careful to position properly - hint: use a lot of slip and slide...just sayin'..

FWIW: Getting a perfect line to follow when applying the decal was the most important/time consuming part of process. My 'trick' for doing this: Used a long metal straight edge and taped it on the car so that the top edge sat on the the molded body line in the door and carried through to the wheel wells. Laid out a strip of masking tape which was 15/16" wide on the top edge of this straight edge (which gave me the height I decided to have the decal at above the body line.) Appled decal so that the bottom decal edge sat just at the top edge of the masking tape - the clear top layer of decal sat on (overlapped) the masking tape. You can use something like a credit card to hold/attach the last inch or so of the decal that would wrap into the jams to keep it from attaching elswhere before you are ready to remove the top layer and wrap the decal ends into the door jambs. For the large section on the door, I found that carefully lifting and slitting the clear top layer in the middle of the door and removing each half from the middle out to the door edge made things easier. good luck

-
Back