Wayferer Ute.

-

sajn

Reaction score
Hi there - I am so glad I found this site. I hope you people can help me with all my questions and provide advice. Here is a picture of my car!

3l7b55n.jpg

Welcome. Nice car. I've never seen one of those. Was that an Aussie
only vehicle?

Welcome to FABO, sajn! Pretty little Ute.
I think Ma Mopar missed the boat by only manufacturing those in Oz. We had the Ford Falcon and Chevy El Camino here in the USA and I think an American A-body based pickup would have sold well here.
Please post up more pics when you get the chance.

Welcome from Sweden. Nice looking ute you got. I'm building one right now out of a 1965 Dart!

Any more pictures of it?

welcome to the site! Yeah, for some reason, UTE's were never sold here until the ElCamino and Ranchero in the pate 50s.... I have seen them from other countries though from the 30s....

I think Ma Mopar missed the boat by only manufacturing those in Oz. We had the Ford Falcon and Chevy El Camino here in the USA and I think an American A-body based pickup would have sold well here.[/FONT]

I agree, an A body pickup in the states? Heck yeah that would of been cool, could of been the 'Dakota' Chrysler should of built, and with a 340 and a 4 speed? That would of been real fun! Buying rear tires that is :D

Very cool looking Ute you have there. Welcome to FABO!

-
Back