WE ARE A GENERATION THAT WILL NEVER COME BACK.

-
If one attempts to approach my daugher they won't live long!!! I have no sympathy for any psycho that approaches my daughter. What would you do, give them a sloppy kiss??

Child, please!

Same as you if my daughter didn't beat me to it. She shoots and we always have a firearm handy. She has her own .380 too.

I think you're so ignorant as to think California is all sandy beaches, palm trees, and liberals.

There's a lot of conservatives. Lots of backcountry. We just don't live in LA or San Francisco. It's a rather big state.
I live in a valley where I can't see a neighbor. Our driveway is 3/4 mile from the road. If someone drives own uninvited they are not greeted kindly.

Well men. One thing I have learned in life is this.
Most times the more you try to defend yourself and your position.
The worse you sound.
Even though generally your correct.
Closing the door behind me on this conversation.

Me too, it's getting ridiculous!! Happy New year to everyone and God protect our troops!!

Started out reminiscing about great childhood memories. I grew up poor but it didn't cost anything to have friends. Some I still have, some are gone and some I made on this website. Thanks FABO!

This past summer my youngest daughter and family, with her youngest daughter, an 8 year old, came to Tx from Mo. for a short vacation. Last time I saw them was 4 years ago. They cut the time at the beach short so Aubrey, the grandchild can get here early to ride one of qrandpa's quarter horses. I ask the daughter of her experience riding and she says yes, she has ridden quite a bit. OK.
I had gotten up at dawn several mornings to put a little handle on this well broke gelding as I can hardly climb up on one anymore. He has been satnding around th e pasture a lot. Kid gets up there and easy to see she can't ride a stick horse. So I begin my "instruction" and in a few minutes I see her checking her smart phone for mail. Paying no attention. I might as well be carrying on talk with a fence post. Grandpa asks WTF and she responds that she does not need instruction and will figure it our on her own! LOL
So I begin to tell her she is riding MY horse and she will attempt to ride it as I say, and that she could ride that sucker every day for 10 years and it will know more than she.
They left the next afternoon!
This child was not born a know it all priveledged little snot, her parents, teachers, and who and what ever made her as she is. She threw a few temper tantrums about nothing and was a general little pain in the ***.
My daughter's 21 and 25 year old kids were along, and I over heard them telling their mom that if she did not make changes with Aubrey, she would be in prison by age 16!!
You had to have been there. LOL:rofl::wtf::BangHead:

This past summer my youngest daughter and family, with her youngest daughter, an 8 year old, came to Tx from Mo. for a short vacation. Last time I saw them was 4 years ago. They cut the time at the beach short so Aubrey, the grandchild can get here early to ride one of qrandpa's quarter horses. I ask the daughter of her experience riding and she says yes, she has ridden quite a bit. OK.
I had gotten up at dawn several mornings to put a little handle on this well broke gelding as I can hardly climb up on one anymore. He has been satnding around th e pasture a lot. Kid gets up there and easy to see she can't ride a stick horse. So I begin my "instruction" and in a few minutes I see her checking her smart phone for mail. Paying no attention. I might as well be carrying on talk with a fence post. Grandpa asks WTF and she responds that she does not need instruction and will figure it our on her own! LOL
So I begin to tell her she is riding MY horse and she will attempt to ride it as I say, and that she could ride that sucker every day for 10 years and it will know more than she.
This child was not born a know it all priveledged little snot, her parents, teachers, and who and what ever made her as she is. She threw a few temper tantrums about nothing and was a general little pain in the ***.
My daughter's 21 and 25 year old kids were along, and I over heard them telling their mom that if she did not make changes with Aubrey, she would be in prison by age 16!!
If she was on her phone she was probably looking for video on "how to ride a horse"!!!:rofl::rofl: There are some things that google can't teach you?

I'm not going to get into it about my grandkids except to say that if I acted around my Granpa like they act around me, I'm not sure I'd be here today!

Kids and most people under 35 grew up with the internet and smart phones and like to think they are superior and know everything because they know how to use them better than most of us older folks but I remind them it was OUR generation that invented the internet, computers and smart phone and can they name one thing their generation invented that was needed or useful. I then get dead silence.

I ride at a ranch with the Saddles in Service program that is for Police/Fire/Military dealing with PTSD.
My former Hotshot crew superintendent adopted a brother and sister as babies from a strung out mother. The kid was left alone in a house all alone with dirty diapers and no food while the mom went out for days at a time. The kid has abandonment issues big time and would lash out violently. He is a big 13 year old and it was scaring his adoptive parents. My boss decided to try bringing him to Saddles in Service. It has totally turned that kid around. He has realized he can't always be the bully he is inclined to be. Dealing with an animal that is smart, 1,700 lbs, and a will like no other was the challenge he needed.
I think with a few weeks alone with that little girl and the horses she would gain some humility. I pray that she comes around someday and DOESN'T end up in prison.

A Virginia college professor set off a firestorm about pedophilia
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...professor-set-off-firestorm-about-pedophilia/

California Assembly passes bill allowing some pedophiles to not register as sex offenders, with stipulation
The revision of the bill would allow pedophiles to not be registered on the sex offender list as long as they are not 10 years older than the minor they were convicted of molesting.
California Assembly passes bill allowing some pedophiles to not register as sex offenders, with stipulations

Secret pedophile symbols end up on children’s toys
Secret pedophile symbols end up on children's toys

'Lawn Boy': Texas mom says son found book about 4th graders' sex in school library
The book in question is ‘Lawn Boy’ by Jonathan Evison. Washington Post’s review of the book describes it as “a semi-autobiographical tale spiked with angst and anger, but also full of humor and lots of hope.” At a September 9 school board meeting, a parent described the content of the book as depraved and likened some passages to pedophilia.

'Lawn Boy': Texas mom says son found book about 4th graders' sex in school library

I didn't say how long I was in the military but thank you for your service as well. I pray you were in during peace time. I was in the military for nine years. Along with many others I joined immediately after 9/11 out of a sense of duty to the land that gave me so much. I got out and now fight wildfires across the western U.S. for the US Forest Service. Like the military it is a job that not many in this country can do or even want to do but it is vital to saving entire communities from devastation. I am gone for up to 21 days at a moments notice. Supposed to go to a kid's ball game or Boy Scout meeting tonight? Nope. Got to go fight a fire in Arizona, Utah, Oregon .... Our ranks are filled with many young firefighters that were born after 9/11 that have respect and pride for their country. All is not lost.

When I was in Iraq in 2010 we had to do a survey from Obama himself. It was about accepting gay and trans in the ranks. I decided right then and there that I would not be continuing to serve in the military. Since Obama wrecked the military ranks it has become everything you Boomers have said about this generation. It was a place that was almost a refuge. A person could exist in an environment with good moral character, discipline, respect. Now it's diversity and inclusion. Trans friendly and weak.

My position is this: I understand that there are more pansies than ever before. Like was stated before, the ratio has grown, especially due to population growth.
Please think about it though. Don't hold your own generation in such high regard when it is the one that set the table. The 60's Love Child went on to be a teacher, politician, District Attorney, judge, School Administrator.
The 70's burnout went on to have kids in the 80's and 90's and let video games and cable television raise their kids instead of being responsible parents. Now we have those kids as parents and a lot of them have blinders on or have bought into a doctrine that was sold to them by a touchy feely Baby Boomer educator.

You people who are old enough to be grandparents are on the sidelines now. Myself and a lot of fellow parents are fighting back against self entitlement, overbearing governments, and dangerous doctrines being taught in public schools

I don't wish to buy into the "Generation" tribalism. We all have to live in this world of immorality. Some of us are just older and closer to death. Some of us are in the trenches trying to fight for kids.

You older guys that are bitching about the youth, what are you doing about it? Anyone volunteer? Invite the neighbor kid over to teach him about cars (because his Dad probably isn't doing it)? Any hunters that foster good firearms handling and marksmanship? Any horsemen? Visit an orphanage lately? Or, are you just sitting around bitching?

View attachment 1715843015

View attachment 1715843016
You make some very good points. I do some, big brothers for one. But because we say it’s correct does that make it so. What about the other people’s correct. If these countries we live in are truly democratic they have a voice also. Just saying.

I agree go-fish, yes horses teach so much if given a chance. Proven therapy for so many troubled people, whether PTSD or any number of emotional issues.
Yes a 1200 pound horse can not only hurt you bad, it can kill you. Not because the horse is mean, but things can go wrong quickly. Not like dealing with a crazy momma cow, many have died by them.
The grandkids that have been around me any at all back in Mo. know I am to the point. Her older sister told her when she threw a trantrum, she was lucky I did not slap the living chit out of her. I doubt that child has ever seen a spanking.

I agree go-fish, yes horses teach so much if given a chance. Proven therapy for so many troubled people, whether PTSD or any number of emotional issues.
Yes a 1200 pound horse can not only hurt you bad, it can kill you. Sorta like dealing with a crazy momma cow, many have died by them.

Yes a 1200 pound horse can not only hurt you bad, it can kill you. Sorta like dealing with a crazy momma cow, many have died by them.

A horse is like a 1200 lb 4 year old child that is cunning. Very stubborn and a master at getting what they want. Our job as horsemen is to outlast their will. Out wait them. Just little nudges in the direction we want them to go. My dad was a farrier and would whip a stubborn horse, and they never cooperated.
I have found that is the least effective way of gaining compliance. Just like a child. Repetition and patience does the trick. Nothing about horses is instant results. Just like a child.
Neither of my kids has ever had a proper beating like I had. My Dad would take the same approach to me as he did a horse. I got the belt a lot! I have very seldomly swatted their but with my hand but never have I felt any reason to go to a belt. I have gotten compliments all their lives about how well behaved they are. Raising kids like this isn't hard, it's actually easier.

You and me think a lot alike!! I have never allowed my daughter to be alone outside. She played with her friends and I was there all the time. I never allowed her to be alone outside....too many psychos. I googled child molesters in my area and got so many hits that it was unbelievable. I live in Texas so I can carry a gun (open carry) all day long. I can even carry my loaded assault weapon all day long. We're also allowed to carry any length knife (no limit). So I'm not bothered by anyone or anything, if they are on my property (or if they try to assault me) they are fair game!!!!
Here you can carry a 6" blade. Don't know about the gun laws here but I know there are a lot of illegal ones here that the punks have. Trouble is our judicial system is a joke. For example... a guy in Toronto had a stolen car and he deliberately ran over a plain clothed cop and killed him although he identified himself and he's out on bail right now. How do you spell DUH!!!!

Give people enough choices to veer off...and they will. The idea of a nation of like minded individuals goes out the window.
I wonder...if deer disfigured themselves because they felt like they're all the same ...
Maybe elephants could start fornicating horses if they were tired of the usual big boned female elephants... why do we have nature preserves...then promote veering from it to change sexual identity and mutilate genitelia... see?

Why save the whales
Why worry about climate change...

...if "change" is drooling out one side of a politicians mouth while the other peaks of saving and preserving...

What mental capacity/state does one need to think that way?

Look around at the very selective preservation going on...

May as well be whatever Soros decides for breakfast and feels like for a snack...
It's someone's personal preference in other words.
I have no problem with people wanting to change their identity as it's their choice.
Everyone in the womb starts out as female and then further on the sex is decided.
Unfortunately the transition isn't always the way it's supposed to go.
If they want to change that it's their choice and not mine. It's when you get drag queens is when it gets me. Do what ever you want just don't flaunt it..

I grew up in the 60’s/70’s. I remember very well what the previous generation said about us. I catch myself thinking the same things about this one, but every now and then, I meet a young person that restores my faith. I see it as our job to do what we can to influence these young people, and hopefully they will not only learn from us, but pass that on to their friends. I have three grandkids, 10-24, that I’m very proud of. Smart, and well behaved. The two younger ones are boys that I started watching after school, when the 14 yo started kindergarten. In all that time, I never had a problem with them. They both always listened, and minded. Guess I’ve just been lucky.

Guess I’ve just been lucky.

There really isn't any such thing as luck. Even when there is a fortunate circumstance that happens to be in your favor it isn't luck, just circumstance.
Those kids turned out good because the inputs were good. **** in, **** out. Good in, good out.

There really isn't any such thing as luck. Even when there is a fortunate circumstance that happens to be in your favor it isn't luck, just circumstance.
Those kids turned out good because the inputs were good. **** in, **** out. Good in, good out.

I’ll have to agree. I couldn’t be happier with how my son and daughter-in-law have raised these boys.

Kids today are raised as they have been in all generations, taught by parents, grandparents, friends, teachers,maybe the pastor. They are taught right from wrong or taught to be thieves or killers. I doubt the modern kid is any smarter or dumber than generations before. Spoiled kids are spoiled now and as generations before. Kids that learn a work ethic are shown by example and taught.
Most people today are softer than previous generations because in general, simply we have it easier. If dad had a tractor, grandpa had horses and mules, and great grandpa had to fight off Indians in the middle of plowing his field some days.
I have known farm kids that could drive a truck and tractor as soon as they could reach the pedals and they HAD to work and help. I have seen farm kids that never had to help do anything. I ask which kid learned a work ethic. Maybe the spoiled one was smarter and became wealthy. Maybe the other just worked harder and never became wealthy.
Wealth is not the final measure of a man.
I still agree that smart phones and a kid sitting on the couch is not the answer!!
But I am old and my kids would say, give respect where due or dad would knock you on your ***.
But it took one once.....

I am 71. When I was about 10 years old, I was allowed to walk all the way downtown to Martin's Hobby Shop (about a mile each way) to spend birthday or Christmas money on airplane models. Would you let a 10-year-old do that now? And @go-fish, I don't think Mark was being arrogant or suggesting that his generation is better than any other, I think he was simply stating some facts of things he fondly remembers about growing up when he did. And by-the-way, @Mark Wainwright, you forgot to mention that walking to school was uphill both ways.

My kids are in their mid 20s now but I let them roam as they pleased when they were young. Never got in trouble or danger. When I was 10 I would wake up at 6 am and ride my bike 5 miles to go fishing. We roamed all over the place. This was in a western suburb of Minneapolis ....

BTW Harrison... Melissa is in Topeka visiting the family this week .

Here is something I don't like.
I sent my youngest daughter $$$ for her, the 8 and 14 year old grandkids. As I always I tell her to NOT turn around and send us anything, just give us a call on Christmas day. She does and puts both kids on the phone to say hi and thankyou.
Ok so I send $100 each to the 25 yr old grand daughter and same to her 21 yr old brother with same instructions. Did they call? No. I call BS on that. They are smart, good kids. The boy graduates in May with some sort of engineering degree. Pretty well worked his way thru school. The girl is a practical nurse working on a degree. I call such from that as unacceptable. I call that actions of snot nosed, priveledged brats, period.
That was their last from ole grandpa.

-
Back