-
Status
Not open for further replies.

earlyrides

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
There are still a few of the 5000 tickets available and still time to get them.
Proceeds from the raffle will be donated to charity.
We will be having the drawing at the world famous "Donut Derelicts" car show on August 31, 2013.
Winner does not need to be present to win.

Vince. My friends call me "Early".
Earlyrides.org - helping the world, one car at a time.

Attachments

• Early Rides LAST CHANCE.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 1,565
In my opinion, anyone thinking of this should do some research. I cannot find out anything concrete about them. I started with the CPYC (California Police Youth Charities) which seems to have a fairly poor ratio of "administrative expenses" vs actual donations, and is the object of a suit by the Atty Gen. of the State of CA

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...QAVyEn5rXJNImNKKw&sig2=sCVEatwRw2KjavStqiBWFw

some outfit called "Joyce Meyer Ministries"

and.............they seem to have the same PO box as an outfit called Baha'i Faith

In my opinion, anyone thinking of this should do some research. I cannot find out anything concrete about them. I started with the CPYC (California Police Youth Charities) which seems to have a fairly poor ratio of "administrative expenses" vs actual donations, and is the object of a suit by the Atty Gen. of the State of CA

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...QAVyEn5rXJNImNKKw&sig2=sCVEatwRw2KjavStqiBWFw

and.............they seem to have the same PO box as an outfit called Baha'i Faith

Looks like a "Scam" to me.

Funny I met those guys at the Fall Fling of 2012 and they seemed legit, but don't trust me. I saw the car in person, but sh*t I saw GOD one time too back in the "80's"...

I know nothing about them but Joyce Meyer Ministries is the real deal if they are really involved.

Maybe I'm just paranoid, but he's made two posts since joining in April of this year. The other post was selling a pair of headers, for a "good deal". Then this one, basically asking for donations for a car raffle. I will pass, thanks. Maybe I'm way off by posting this, and could very well be wrong.... If so I apologize in advance. Just looks sketch to me.

what i would like to know is what % is actually donated to charity? 5000 tickets @ 20.00$ a pop is 100,000.00 and that is no 100,000.00 car, by far.
i met them they seem nice but i wonder how much really goes to charity.

he also says he has a few other b and e bodies, that will be raffled off after this one.

unfortunately most charities only give an average of a dime for every dollar raised. i cant support that, but my lady did buy a raffle ticket for this car.lol.
this car has been at every swap and car show for the last year. it is one of my favorite cars of all time. This one is pretty nice, not perfect but nice.

Too bad so many of you are so paranoid.
It's okay though because I am sure there are alot of SCAMs out there.
We however are not.
My wife, Jodi and I are very blessed. We have 12 old Mopars and God really put it on our hearts that if your cup is overflowing that much; it should overflow on someone else.
We have been donating to these three charities for a long time and initially approached each one to see if they would partner with us to help others by way of our cars. They all declined.
Ther first two, OC rescue mission and JMM are Christian based charities and both basically told us that a raffle was like gambling and that they did not feel that it aligned with their mission statement. Not my feeling, but we can respect that.
The third, CPYC had a lawyer on their board that wanted to ague about "what ifs". As a rule we don't bother aguing with lawyers.
They all did however agree to take the donation afterwards. Nice right? So none of them are helping us in any way. Not even so much as a link on their website. Nothing.
Anyways we took this as a test of our hearts from God. That if no one would help us; would we still do what He put on our hearts. We decided that if we were doing things right then if they werent helping us then it was on them.
So we started our own 501c3 non profit EarlyRides.org to be able to raffle our cars off legally in California. This is not an easy or cheap adventure!
It took nearly 2 years to get all of the legal stuff done and so it started.
It is just the wife, me, the car and our website. That is it. No big board with arguing lawyers. Not alot of overhead. Just two very blessed people trying to make other people's life better by doing what we love and giving from our hearts.
I spent and have reciepts for over $45k to build this awesome car.
The 10.5to1, 30 over date code correct 383 has a purple camshaft and makes awesome power.
The pistol grip shifted A833 is smooth.
The 3.23 geared 8 3/4 rear makes cruising at highway speed very comfortable.
The very rare part about this particular car is that it was a factory A/C car with a 4-speed. When we had it appraised by the Appraisal Network they could not find another one anywhere on the internet that had sold to use as a comp. Last time I checked, the internet is a very, very big place.
Anyways we got a Vintage air system donated by Vintage Air and replaced the factory system with all brand new components. The Sanden compressor is 50 lbs lighter, robs 50 less horsepower, will survive a 5000 rmp shift and best of all it blow 39 degree air out of the vents.
The suspension features Firm Feel reinforced lower control arms, larger diameter front sway bar, and tortion bars. The upper control arms are tubular heim jointed units from QA1. The Strut rods are also adjustable heim jointed with solid mounts.
We replaced the factory power drum brakes with power front discs and 11" drums out back.
The factory "Fire catcher" wiring loom was replaced by a Painless wiring loom for total reliability.
I have taken this car all over and not had any issues. I took it out to the Willow Springs Racecourse before we started the raffle and the car did awesome. I drove it 135 miles there. Did 10 laps at over 135 mph and then drove it home through stop and go LA traffic.
Now there are alot of car raffles out there but very few giving away Mopars and very few that have such a small number of tickets available.

Better than that is that we are finishing up car 2 for next year, a 69 Roadrunner with a 6BBL 440, A/T and 4-wheel power disc brakes.

So please; search your hearts and for once dont give in to all of the bad stories that we are all inundated with daily on the mainstream media. There are actually some good people out there trying to do good things.

Here are some more pics of the car and car 2.

Thank you for your support and have a blessed day.
Vince.
Co-founder of EarlyRides.org

Attachments

• rr stripe left.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 1,258
  • rr stripe right.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 1,275
  • rr interior.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 1,284
  • road runner burnin.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 1,274
  • MOPAR FAMILY.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 1,291
You still haven't addressed how much of the proceeds will go to charity...

I'd think about it too! Except I've seen a beautiful 67 camaro at the ST. Iignace car show(need not be present to win) and then at Good guys car show, the problem with seeing that particular car being sold by the same benefit auction (and yeah it was a church ministry that did that one Too!) is that it was supposed to be won 10 days AFTER the St Ignace car show and the good guys car show was a LOT later than 10 days after. (hey I went with my buddy, he's the chevy freak, but then he goes with me to the Mopar ones :mrgreen: and I like good looking cars no matter what brand) or the time I went to the taylor michigan Harley run and they raffled off this nice new road king. Darned if the nephew of the "sponsor" of the raffle donating the bike didn't win it "AGAIN". yep he won it last year also. so I look at it like this. it isn't worth giving my money to someone else to since I know that some of them just pocket the money and go to another place to do it all over again. but that's just my opinion on raffles. your may vary

I'd think about it too! Except I've seen a beautiful 67 camaro at the ST. Iignace car show(need not be present to win) and then at Good guys car show, the problem with seeing that particular car being sold by the same benefit auction (and yeah it was a church ministry that did that one Too!) is that it was supposed to be won 10 days AFTER the St Ignace car show and the good guys car show was a LOT later than 10 days after. (hey I went with my buddy, he's the chevy freak, but then he goes with me to the Mopar ones :mrgreen: and I like good looking cars no matter what brand) or the time I went to the taylor michigan Harley run and they raffled off this nice new road king. Darned if the nephew of the "sponsor" of the raffle donating the bike didn't win it "AGAIN". yep he won it last year also. so I look at it like this. it isn't worth giving my money to someone else to since I know that some of them just pocket the money and go to another place to do it all over again. but that's just my opinion on raffles. your may vary
X50.. You dont find many legit raffels these days..

For everyones information:
All of the proceeds go to 501c3 non-profit charity.
As this is the first one we have done we are not sure of the final amount of the costs.
We estimate they will be around $30K all said and done. This goes to pay for the accountant, the attorney, the state and federal fees, the fuel, the insurance...and the list goes on.
We will be keeping half of the to keep our 501c3 non-profit mission going and then splitting the other half between the 3 other non-profits.
We can then build a car a year, give away a car a year and give away a bunch of money per year.
But just so everyone knows:
I donated this car to the non-profit with no compensation other than the tax write off.
My wife is donating her 6BBL Roadrunner for no compensation.
I am donating a 70 Belvedere to be car 3 as well.
You all know it is not cheap by any means to build any hot rod much less a Mopar.
As for the drawing date it has always been August 31st 2013.

If you dont like it or trust anyone then you dont have to donate.

But if you do; thank you in advance.

Vince.

Isn't Joyce Meyer one of them bible thumpers from the Christian TV channel ?

They don't need any of my money

Maybe a big block Dart would get more interest here?

I thought Mopar folks would get it.

I thought this was your personal car that you donated for the tax write off.

June 20th you posted this on facebook.

"It's hard to believe it was such a short time ago that we found this beauty sitting in someone's driveway, being neglected! We can't wait to raffle her off on August 31st, there are limited tickets left so get yours now if you haven't already!"

Attachments

• 994809_555356404507637_1566472138_n.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 1,121
I would love to see some photos from the restoration process from start to finish of the car.

Dang.... He stayed on for about 10 minutes after I posted that picture but never answered the question.

He may be telling us the truth so you will have to make up your mind. I wish people would tell the whole story to start with.

I would like to know why www.earlyrides.org is owned by Earlyyrides LLC?

Oh good grief. I can hear me now, "Honey, I just bought a raffle ticket for 20 bucks with a chance to win a 70 Road Runner from some dude named Vince whose raffling it away in the name of the Lord!"

Yall have at it. lol

We will be keeping half of the to keep our 501c3 non-profit mission going and then splitting the other half between the 3 other non-profits.

I'm curious how this translates to "ALL proceeds will be donated to charity"? Sounds more like a fundraiser to me with SOME of the proceeds being donated to charity. I can understand the estimated 30K costs for lawyers, etc. but for you to openly state that half of the remaining money will be kept to support your mission contradicts your statement that "All" of the proceeds are being donated. I don't know much about a non-profit organization but in my opinion your operating costs and funding the next build sure don't count as charity.

Well I can only say this. I have met Vince, seen his collection and he is a stand up guy. All pics posted are legit. As to how the proceeds will disperse is anyones guess. Come on guys it's only 20.00 bucks. A lot of big name manufactures have donated parts for this car so I highly doubt with all the invested interest anything would be amiss. Just my 2 cents.

I'm curious how this translates to "ALL proceeds will be donated to charity"? Sounds more like a fundraiser to me with SOME of the proceeds being donated to charity. I can understand the estimated 30K costs for lawyers, etc. but for you to openly state that half of the remaining money will be kept to support your mission contradicts your statement that "All" of the proceeds are being donated. I don't know much about a non-profit organization but in my opinion your operating costs and funding the next build sure don't count as charity.

The answer is "All" of the proceeds go to his 501(c)(3) and then the money is distributed from there. I am a trustee and the co-chair on a 501(c)(3) foundation.

Well I can only say this. I have met Vince, seen his collection and he is a stand up guy. All pics posted are legit. As to how the proceeds will disperse is anyones guess. Come on guys it's only 20.00 bucks. A lot of big name manufactures have donated parts for this car so I highly doubt with all the invested interest anything would be amiss. Just my 2 cents.

You may be 100% correct but he is a stranger in FABO land and most of us know nothing about him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back