we have a %#@* head on our street

-

alsdemon

Reaction score
we had to put one of your cats to sleep satrday night he was poision but we did not know at the time/ today at 11.00 wife text me said one of your other cats were acting like sammy the first cat/ 5.00 oclock she was put down/ then my son said your neighbor had to put there rotty down sunday/ so i stop to ask them why said he might had hurt is hips could not walk kept falling down just like my two cats/ they had let him out to run saterday cause she had a broken arm and could not walk him on the leash/ got home later neighbor across the street said she had a dead racoon in her yard and sunday they seen him out walking drunk in the day light they thought he had raibes/ also found out there was a dobbe that had to be put to sleep too but don,t know what for yet there yard is fenced in and there dogs don,t leave there yard at all/ my two dogs stay in my back yard they are fenced in too. so how do i find out who is doing this the cops won,t do anything and i don,t know were to start. we have one cat left and going to keep him in the garage till we find something out/ can,t afford to have more vet bills. why kill all the aniamals on the street for one racoon?

There was something similar going on up here, they found out that someone had put some poisoned food out at the park where only animals would get it. Get the local news involved and SPCA. I cant believe with the amt of animals dying cops wont do anything!! Get everyone in the neighbourhood to call them!

That is so :sad8: to hear. Keep your pets close to you until you find out what's going on in the hood :homework:

That sure sounds terrible :angry7:
Keep a watch out at night !! There could be some thieves doing this so they can hit your street :angry7: Just a thought, You don't have anyone working on cars close by and are leaving antifreeze out in the open, I drain mine in a gallon jug and seal it off so animals can't get to it. Just thinking

That really bugs me. When my dad moved into a new house with his cat it disappeared within two weeks. It was an outside cat, and a smart one so I don't think it wandered away. The worst part was that cat was perfect for my dad. Still hasn't gotten another one. Getting the SPCA involved is a great idea. I think they came and investigated around my dads area because a friend of his lost his cat, and it had been living there for at least 6 years. Couple other neighbors lost their pets too.

I know some may not like this but I feel you should keep your cat in the house if you live in a subdivision. Nothing pisses me off worse than cat tracks across the hood and top of my trucks and cars during the night right after a wash job. I have a 10 year old cat that never goes outside. I dont think its right to ever poison an animal though. I will catch a problem cat in a have a heart trap and let the owner pick it up at the spca though. Why should I put up with someones cat spraying in my yard and crapping and digging in my flower beds when I keep my animals inside and only let them out in my yard? I think it is disrespectful of your neighbors to let your animals run on their property. OK now flame away.DD

o i understand like i told the cops i know it,s my fault / the first cat sammy did not get on cars he sleeps in my truck at night under the hood/ bella stayed in the bushes in front of are house/we tryed to keep the two young cats in the house but they peed all over and smelled real bad sammy was too big to jump high/we though he had a stroke at first but the vet said he got in to something. its a dead end street with 15 homes and 3 have kids what it mys kids get sick from what ever is out there mosty old fokes that don,t get out much other than the mail i let the other neighbors with dogs and cats abount whats going on and there going to keep there in or watch if they get out . i will stop at the station today/ it,s across the steet from our road and voice my consern with them abount the kids on the street. i don,t want my pets in their yards too.

Went through the same thing some years ago had to put three cats down, found out the neighbor across the street was putting out De-Con to try and kill squirrels, the poisoned squirrels would die and the cats and dogs in the neighborhood would get at the carcass and they too would die. Just the other day another neighbor had to put down his cat due to kidney failure which is common with poison and other cats have disappeared...ironically we have a new proposal for a leash law in the township. We have four cats we keep inside..but just because some of my neighbors have cats and dogs that run I don't think anyone should poison them. What ever happened to talking to your neighbors if you have a problem?

If fenced animals are dieing there may be some sort of animal virus / sickness going on. I would contact the health department.

Chuck

Anti-freeze will do what you described. We had aneighbor do that a few years ago. He sat the stuff over the farm fence so his dogs wouldn't get to it! My dog did! It was a shame, but he did get his in the end!!!!

Sorry to hear this happening to your cats Als, like you said it must be @#%$head to poison someone's pets.

no antifreez and no fenced in animals/ someone is baiting the racoons with food and poison/my brother talked to a park ranger who is a freind of his and gave me a number/ name to call . i worryabount my kids getting it from the outside so they have to wash up more when they come inside/ we put larry bird in side for awaile.

While I dont condone poisoning of animals... I have heard racoons are a menace and a horrible problem. Its unfortunate pets are getting the brunt of it. Hopefully things can be figured out. As far as cats go.... If you can keep them to your yard they are cool. I keep finding cat crap all over my nice back yard and I dont have pets !!

-RPM

Same problem here, numerous cats have been found dead the last few years. We are out in the country, with several acres; although I have a neighbor on each side. Most of the cats, put down, were wild barn cats.

I had to put down our cat in Feb. He had no use of his rear legs and looked Drunk.
The only other cat we have has been gone for 2 days now. She is a great cat, pulls the ground moles right out of the ground. Kills mice and chases racoons out of the barn. She comes indoors every night at the same time, outside for a few hours each day.
It going to suck if I have to tell my daughter that she lost another cat.

Sounds like antifreeze poisoning, tiss the season.

Most antifreeze tastes sweet to animals, this may not be a premeditated situation, but an idiotic oversight.

Don't ask me why I know.

Never leave antifreeze where anything can get to it, including coons. (nasty vermin)

A bad deal either way.

LCjeff

Happened in my home town, quite disturbing.

"In 1998, an 11-month old boy from Pacific Grove, California, was carried into a local Emergency Department because he was irritable, groggy, and wasn’t responding to his family normally.

After some detective work, doctors realized he was fighting an invasion of tiny raccoon roundworms that had already done damage to the retina of one of his eyes, leaving a track of scars.

Although his infection was caught fairly early and treated aggressively, the boy’s sight was permanently and seriously damaged, and he suffers from seizures and serious co-ordination problems caused by the damage done as roundworm larvae migrated through his brain.

Investigators found 21 raccoon latrine sites on the family’s small property in the San Francisco Bay area."

Actually the Monterey Bay area, rural, wooded, very sad.:angry7:
I can't imagine what I would do if it was my kid.
Perhaps this could happen to our pets too.
Our 3 cats go outside on leashes.....rarely.

Scary chit!

LCjeff

wow! larry the cat is still in side sort of we let him in the back yard were the dogs are but not at the same time, so he sleeps in the garage a lot now

Set some game cams up, catch them in the act. My Neighbor has cats that walk on my cars to, but I love cats to much to care.One there cats is very good buddy of mine. Yah I'm a big wuss.

My wife works for a shelter. These symptoms can be caused by. Toads, Snake bite or flea protection from Hartz.

If an animal catches a toad it will secrete a toxic poison that will cause these symtoms. Or maybe you have a snake problem in your neighborhood. look for a den. also hartz flea protection or shampoo is known to cause these symtoms or. deaths. I would look more torward a bad *** snake. They are invisible to us because we never look down. This time of year ?????

Al will be surprised his thread from 2010 is back.

damn i didn't even see the date.. looks like herschel brought it back to life...

does the board go crazy sometimes and put old threads up top or something? seems to be a lot of threads from 1+ years ago get reborn for some reason.

-
Back