We lost another one.

-
My buddy with a beautiful 1970 Roadrunner walked into his shop a few years ago and and electric wall strip with 4-5 outlets just caught on fire and the wall was starting to burn. The only thing plugged into it at the time was his wall clock. Scary things as these are products we all use.

I've never had an issue with my DeWalt batteries but I knew someone that bought some damn Chinese knockoff, that damn thing did catch on fire! I lost two good friends in a fire,my Rottweiler woke me up at 4:30 in the morning Raisin Hell! I looked out the window and it looks kind of red I didn't know what to think I was still half asleep I ran out the front door ran around the back ran through the gate passed the lake and got about 20 ft from the back door in the roof collapsed and blew like 8 ft sheets of flames outside man blew out all the windows it just sucked. Not a damn thing I could do
Wow, sorry to hear that. Yeah never heard of any issues with Dewalt but no sense risking it, I just treat them all the same…..

Just replaced my phone charger last week (burned my fingers unplugging the old one from the phone) When to Office Max and was told they don't sell my (old) style charger any longer. Found spare one at home in a box later.

Wow, sorry to hear that. Yeah never heard of any issues with Dewalt but no sense risking it, I just treat them all the same…..
yeah it was the Chinese knockoffs i mentioned before. They're even yellow and black you would think it's a DeWalt battery I almost bought one from a guy until I actually stopped and looked at it for half of a second. The house fire (it could have been)ChiCom unit bought at Hajibbe Mart. Kirk Douglas McCoy and David O'Neal, my friends and neighbors that died, **** eating electric heater man with a bad repair to the cord... I'm sure you know and probably Rob and a bunch of the other guys know, electrical tape AIN'T for electrical connections. Period.Com

Interestingly the propper extinguishing for LI batteries is water. Used to cool the battery.

That is a real scary issue with all these charging devices these days... also there was a story a few years ago about a guy that threw away some regular alkaline batteries in the trash in his garage and they were not completely dead and were touching each other which created a spark and ended up burning the whole house down. Some towns say to just throw away your batteries instead of bringing them to the landfill so If I throw any out I wrap them in some kind of tape to prevent that from happening.

-
Back