Weather !! WOW !!

-
Small Blocks back yard, Need parts ,I am a little cheaper then bill , just have to ship the after dark!

storm 2009 west plains mo 047.jpg

Anyone heard from MeMike? He probably got what we got. Oh..I'm Back. Mine and Chips power just came back on. Been out since yesterday at about 6 or so. I'll have to call Vic and make sure he's good to go. This thing aint over. Limbs still crashing to the ground. Wait till Chip post the pics of the upside down icecicles. Early on the moisture migrated downward making the normal formations then the ice began to accumulate on the top of the wire and then became top heavy and then they rolled. Never seen icecicles pointing up before. I went down and picked Chip up and we took a drive to get those pics. See my poles standing on my 40 X 60shop addition? Probably a 2 yr project with this kind of economy. MeMike tell us how your doing.

yea we got about 3 inches of snow then about a 1/2 of ice on top of that and now its raining. i got off of school today because of the snow and ice but i slept til 1 so i didnt really did do anything all day. and since its raining its more than likely going to freeze over night and that will be fun tomorow

The storm you guys are talking about, we are supposed to get tonight. Snow tonight 10-15 cm(4"-6") followed by freezing rain and rain tomorrow...about 15mm --Last few days it was a cold snap.........AH WELL

Thought I'd chime in here. We got a little bit of ice but it turned to sleet before it got too thick. Maybe 2" or so of sleet, then 3 or 4" of snow on top of that. The stuff is hard to drive through but they finally got the main roads plowed late today.
I feel for you guys with the ice. We've had it up here a couple of times in the past. Sure tears things up.
Stay warm!
Dallas

Freeloader, nice pics. Ice is pretty, especially when the sun shines on it but it sure is destructive.

Smallblock,that,s a nice size addition on your shop!Are you making the shed of dreams?LOL!!It would be nice to get some of those A-body,s out of the weather!Nice job!:clock:

I think it will be awhile before we hear from MEMIKE...good luck everyone in the ice storms...stay warm...at least you don't have to worry about your beer going warm!

Hey 34: Left a 12 pack in the back seat of the truck last night and believe me, it's plenty cold.
You're right. We won't be hearing from MeMike anytime soon. I drove down into Ark. today to hook up a gen set for my mother and WOW. We were driving under power lines that were 1 foot over the cab of the truck. She had heat and was good to go. We scraped snow and ice off the sidewalks and pulled the limbs off her car so she could travel. It will be awhile before Ark. will be back to normal. I'll call Mike again and see if i can bring him a generator. We have 7 gen sets in our bunch. Only 3 or loaned out. No charge. Just get a good feeling. I'll call Mike and try and convince him to let me bring him one. Stay warm guys. .......Just tryied calling Mike but went to voice mail so i told him to call and we will discuss power for him.

Upside down icicles.. I've seen it all now. Burrr!

That happens when the water is so cold it tries to jump back into the cloud, lol.

Thanks for helping people out Smallblock, you're a good man. :cheers: Let us know what happens with Mike.

I spoke to mike this evening around 5:00 EST, he was boiling water on his gas grill for hie wife,Treva, to take a bath when she gets home. He said the local sheriff only 40 yrs old was killed while trying to clear iced limbs somewhere in the township. I posted more of his story under "Good Guy Alert from MeMike" about our friend here, Small Block. You are a great man, Bill, keep up the good works. Lord knows, me and my family are blessed because of you! :angel9:
Jan30=09.11.JPG

Jan30=09.22.JPG

Jan30=09.33.JPG
We are getting more snow here, the ice is due here Monday morning...:toothy10:

Jan30=09.11.JPG

Jan30=09.22.JPG

Jan30=09.33.JPG

I spoke to mike this evening around 5:00 EST, he was boiling water on his gas grill for hie wife,Treva, to take a bath when she gets home. He said the local sheriff only 40 yrs old was killed while trying to clear iced limbs somewhere in the township. I posted more of his story under "Good Guy Alert from MeMike" about our friend here, Small Block. You are a great man, Bill, keep up the good works. Lord knows, me and my family are blessed because of you! :angel9:

That's terrible about the sheriff.

Sorry for crappy grammar, speeling, gota lota emails to respond to.

Lesee. Day one. Looked like things that I'm sure were seen quite frequently in the sixties. The sky lighting up with blues, purples, pinks, oranges, greens, and I may have seen plaid. Transformers blowing all around Lone Oak, KY (burb of Paducah) some catching fire, some so loud it hurt. Stayed outside most of the time the power was out, yeah we're that bright. Got another hour or so of XBOX in before the power died again. Went back outside and watched the world crash down around us. A shot of Woodford and its off too bed.

Day Two: not too bad this morning. Went to Max's (gas powered restraunt I work at), cooked breakfast (downtown only lost power for 3 hours) Max and Judy gave us burgers and steak and charcoal and chicken and roasted potatoes and a delightful vegetable medly. We also brought a cook back with us. We put the grill up on the back patio, set a fire in the fire pan and drug the burn barrel up on the patio and burned what we could sittin in the middle of the triangle. After everything but the fire died, we took the cook back to his house, hung a sheet across the living room, threw a big cast iron skillet in the fire untill it was red-hot and brought it in set it on a brick in the floor, round two of Woodford and bed.

Day three: we woke up with kidneys full of frozen piss so we went back to Max's to finish off our bacon and eggs. Had a few cups of coffee and I walked around downtown taking pictures until i got snow in my shoe. walked back to Max's and we came back to a cold house. This is where my roomie and I differ, his solution was to bundle up and lay down in a cold house, my solution was to bundle up and sweat my *** off walking around Lone Oak, took lots more pictures on my way out and back to the house. House was too cold to freeze the pastys off a seven foot bull dyke so we grabbed the XBOX, Rock Band, Blankets and the Woodford and went to Max's. We played the Ice Storm 09 Benefit Concert in the bar untill midnight or so and shot to bed. (This last part is funny because we are pretty sure that someone who didnt know we were closed yet had reservations came up to the door and saw that we were closed and rocking out, pretty funny huh?)

Day four: came back to the house to see if the power was on yet and it wasnt so john went to bed and I shoveled the driveway. Time for work so we worked and WEre pretty busy after the radio advertized we were open. Got home about 2230 and the security light came on when we got into the carport, sweet. Heat, Power...internet!? seriously. Ok thanks gift horse.

My Pics are@:

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user..editAlbumPhotos&albumID=2742170&MyToken=2f3b283d-c45f-442e-bd01-5843642710a6

And:

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user..editAlbumPhotos&albumID=2748334&MyToken=2f3b283d-c45f-442e-bd01-5843642710a6

I hope everyone else is either warm or safe.

Now it's sunny and 70 degrees in Kansas City, set a record. Crazy weather we're having that's for sure.

thats a whole lot a ice , hope you are all ok! stay safe!
may be real bad but alot of these pics are real beutifull looking at from a safe distance in a warm home :)

We were up to 3 feet of snow, then another foot followed by an inch of ice, then a quick thaw and a hard freeze and more on the way.

Even by NH standards this winter has been nuts.

If anyone sees Al Gore hand him a shovel.

-LY

Hodgenville Kentucky, still no power ,ice is falling everywhere,
generator is working overtime

100_0174.jpg
[/IMG]

100_0166.jpg
[/IMG]

:shock: Hello D,

So sorry to see the weather there. Mother nature at its worst for sure.

Must be a MOPAR generator lol :rolleyes:

Hang in there guys !!!!

Summer is right around the corner....8)

Dont even want to talk about the weather around here.8-[

Picture 700.jpg

-
Back