weiand 7512

-

aaronk785

Reaction score
With all the intake manifold test ive read over the years why has nobody included the weiand 7512. This is the best manifold I have used on my bracket 440. It beat the victor, the holley sd and m1 by about 7/100s and gave me my best 60s and mph. which is 6.68 1.42 and 102 mph in the 1/8 mile. Maybe I would see different results in the 1/4 mile. Anyone else had good results with this intake? I wonder what they flow? This is the old x-celorator.

It's a little known fact - that intake is amazing. Has been for decades. Definately best in it's time, and I noted it's omission from some of the more popular later comparison tests. Personally I think it was just that it wasn't sold in the huge numbers the Edelbrocks were.

Bought it new in 1984 from PAW cost $128.00 its been on every 440 ive built. Spent a lot of money on other intakes just to go back to this one. No one at the track believes me. I guess I,ll keep it my little secret.

Yes - best keep it quiet as they seem to be next to impossible to find for those of us who want one. I've been casually looking for one for 10 years.

Well the cat is out of the bag now. Is it tall? I'm interested in any intake that makes good power while fitting under the flat hood on my Duster.

Looks tall... I'm like Doosterfy. Hoping for a manifold that will let me keep my duster flat hood and a dual snorkel air cleaner.

Looks tall... I'm like Doosterfy. Hoping for a manifold that will let me keep my duster flat hood and a dual snorkel air cleaner.
You have plenty of choices. Stock, and a bunch of after market dual planes all fit. I run a Torker II. As far as I know the RPM fits also. The question for me is which one would make the most power. I'd like to get my hands on an RPM to compare it to the Torker II. I run a dual snorkel closed element filter on mine with ducting to draw cold air from outside the engine bay.

Someone said the CH4B is every bit as good as the RPM because of its large runners. I've never had an RPM but the CH4B works very well for me.

Yes it fairly tall. Would not fit under my stock challenger hood even with a drop base air cleaner. Mine runs best with a 1 in. open spacer. Don't know about a duster so I wont comment on that.

I know this is an old thread, but I have one of these intakes that I am planning on using on my build.
Does anyone have the original specs on these things, like RPM range, etc?

I know this is an old thread, but I have one of these intakes that I am planning on using on my build.
Does anyone have the original specs on these things, like RPM range, etc?
I've got one laying around unused and old enough it doesn't have the EGR stuff on it.

Seems like there I saw an online magazine article where one of the RoadKill guys did a shoot out with that model in it, but might have gone down the memory hole.

Someone said the CH4B is every bit as good as the RPM because of its large runners. I've never had an RPM but the CH4B works very well for me.
They do work well. A friend used one on a mild 440 build. 500 hp and torque.

I was doing some more digging last night and it looks like the RPM range may be 2500-6800 ?
The only X-celerator they still make is for SBC

-
Back