Weighed my 66

-
The original 1966 Road and Track Magazine article on the 1966 Barracuda "Formula S" says the factory weight was 3280 pounds. This of course was with steel 14 inch wheels/hubcaps, bias ply tires, 904 automatic transmission, 2 into 1 exhaust, and the 273 Commando V8.

Another magazine (I can't remember the name of the magazine) had an article that was titled "The 3200 Pound Fish."

I'm running an aluminum intake, lightweight headers, and rallye wheels, but I installed dual exhausts, cutouts and H-pipe so I'm guessing I'm right around the original factory listed weight.

A few people have asked me how much the car weighs.... I simply answer them by telling them "It's a 3200 pound fish......"

This is a nice looking motor also.

I Just wanted to share the info I got this week end
A good friend owns a seed co.
And there scales are on the money.
My 1966 Valiant 100 sedan hit the scales at 2.774 lbs.
with 3/4 tank of gas about 10 gal of gas, spare tire, Jack, small set of hand tools and my box of original ingnition system and a cooler with one bag of ice and 9 sprite's in it.

Thanks for sharing, one of these days I'm going to weigh my car.

Anyone know what a 67 Fastback cuda wieghs?

Stock interior, 360, 4 speed, 8 3/4

I guess the only weight saving items on the car would be the ProStar aluminum wheels.

Dang it I'm curious now!

my 66 dart 170 with alum head 360, 904, 8-3/4 all steel with no carpet, rear seat, heater, and light plastic bucket seats is 3250 with me in it.

Oh lord! I'm not sure I even should weigh my AWB Dart! That straightaxle right now feels like a big anchor pinning the front end down!! Ever weigh an A-100 van brake drum ?? My back pain says its like picking up a forty pound sack of dog food!!! Wonder how many ounces i can save if I drill holes in the axle????

My '64 Valiant 100 2-door post, with a '71 340 + cast-iron 4 speed (aluminum bell housing) and an 8.75" rear with slapper bars (I know, I know, but they were $8.00!) weighed 3,105 with half a tank of gas and without me in it. I weighed it on 3 different scales because I didn't want to believe it could be that heavy!!! They all agreed within 20 pounds of each other. I took the middle reading; 3,105.

That iron transmission weighed a ton... as did the stock flywheel. I'm sure a 904 would have been lighter.

My '72 Valiant 4-door with a 360/904/8.75 weighs 3,340 with half a tank of gas, no driver onboard. It may get a lightweight fiberglass hood and front bumper when my ship comes in... (it may have sunk...)

image02.jpg

100_3145-6.jpg

hey robb did u have to run the hood scoop on ur 66! or did u for looks? just wanting to know for my 65!

My '65 Dart 270 2dr sedan weighs exactly 3080. It has a completely stock 273 and 904, eight point mild steel rollbar setup, connected frame rails, 8 3/4, SS springs. It has been mini tubbed, rear seat removed, heater and radio removed, all undercoating removed, 16 gallon fuel cell replaces gas tank, no headliner or carpet (yet), wildwood disk brakes, aluminum master cylinder, dual 2" exhaust, car is all steel and has all factory glass.

My pig is going to be heavy then, crap. Well I guess I'm running a glass hood, but........................

The fox body mustangs I race against weigh anywhere from 2600-2800# with full interior, etc. I think the early a's are made of some thick sheet metal because it seems that they should be lighter than they are. We just have to make more power!

i remember reading that ma mopar stated that the early A weighed in at 2800 dry,,,seems no ones early A is that lite,,

Sounds like the seed company could be wrong, I do have 13" wheels and a 170/ with standard on the tree and 71/4 rear end, I would bet two of my tire's would be just as heavy as one of some of the tire's on yall's A bodies.
I will need to find another set of scales. From what I am hearing my 66 100 valiant bone stock is not that light.:clock:

my 66 signet 318/904 7 1/4 rally wheels K-H disks welded subframe connectors 1/2 tank was 3100 without me in it.

-
Back