Weighed the race dart today

-

nwdart

Reaction score
was pleasantly surprised! 2740 lbs with 4 gallons of fuel. Rms manual rack,art Morrison ladder bar car. Polycarbonate windshield and rear window. Currently magnum crate 360 727 gear vender set up I put in out of my other dart after I blew up the 340 at woodburn end of last summer. 340 is being built now into a 430 stroker with closed chamber eddy heads and my 904 that has a 8 inch converter and a 5000 stall. The 360 is iron headed now, should lose another 120 or so pounds with the new combo. Should be able to go racing second or third weekend in June. Also have fiberglass bumpers and brackets,glass hood and decklid. Will be removing all glass and regulators except drivers door window as I have time. Now dart

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

here's my 70 Duster without driver...... with a PIG of an engine. R3 block, W8 heads..... HEAVY!! :).... probably not 40lb different than my iron head 360.

6C6721F1-69BD-442F-85FD-9342695C0E49_zpsqur5gxhd.jpg

you'll definitely lose weight dumping the 727/gear vendor for the 904. Not bad for that era of Dart.

Las Vegas used to have the scales open on the return road all the time...but now they are not...So I have not weighted the cars in a year or so...but

71 Dart weight 2740 last time...change from 8 3/4 with drum brakes to Dana 60 with Strange Disc...plus put lighter batteries...

71 Demon weighted in at 2740....changed out bumper brackets and batteries...

71 Duster weight in at 2780...replaced metal hood and trunk lid with fiberglass, lighter batteries....
so all 3 cars are pretty much the same weight...

I still have 2 batteries in the trunk, going to put a small alternator on the 340 and get rid of 1 battery. Will be pretty cool to get to 2550ish

was pleasantly surprised! 2740 lbs with 4 gallons of fuel. Rms manual rack,art Morrison ladder bar car. Polycarbonate windshield and rear window. Currently magnum crate 360 727 gear vender set up I put in out of my other dart after I blew up the 340 at woodburn end of last summer. 340 is being built now into a 430 stroker with closed chamber eddy heads and my 904 that has a 8 inch converter and a 5000 stall. The 360 is iron headed now, should lose another 120 or so pounds with the new combo. Should be able to go racing second or third weekend in June. Also have fiberglass bumpers and brackets,glass hood and decklid. Will be removing all glass and regulators except drivers door window as I have time. Now dart

View attachment 1714932826

View attachment 1714932829

View attachment 1714932830
Will you be coming to woodburn in july? 24th to be exact.

Hi Jason, I will be there. This was the blue dart that I painted this winter. Exited as as all get out to run the new combo. Rich

It really does look badass in the green. I did start a thread on events about the Mopar Nationals in Oregon. What class are you going to race in?
Hi Jason, I will be there. This was the blue dart that I painted this winter. Exited as as all get out to run the new combo. Rich

Will be in the pro class,should be low 10,s time slip will tell all. Let's hope lol

I don't think you'll have any trouble with low tens that's a really sweet build! I'm pretty sure my son will be racing in the Pro class with my car like last year, but I'm thinking about racing the stick shift class this year instead of having him race both.
Will be in the pro class,should be low 10,s time slip will tell all. Let's hope lol

about the only thing I'm looking at doing is a glass rear bumper and some of Lingenfelter's brackets to shed some more weight.... and the fiberglass dash I have laying here. I'm to lazy to babysit "non glass" windows :)

Maybe he should race stick shift this year and we could race together. If I remember is he coming from Colorado?

Yes bought my son's plane ticket already to come out for the Nationals. I'm not sure what class he wants to run or if he wants to run both. But I was hoping to go to PIR the night before and do some test and tune and get him used to the car. With him only driving it once or twice a year at the most, it gives him a chance to get warmed up with the car a little bit. Definitely if you wanted to come a day early and do a little test and tune that would be cool. I was hoping to catch someone from The Forum that runs his neck too much in the for 4-speed class and drag his *** down the track. Of course to do so I would have to get amazingly lucky, but every dog has his day.

-
Back