Weight loss and perseverance

-
Nice job

On a side note, I watched a movie called "thinner" yesterday, and it reminded me of you

You haven't pissed of any gypsies lately have you?

I almost forgot, I promised to track my daily weight for the month and share it. The blue line is the daily measurements and the red dots are my normal weekly weigh-in points.

As I said, too much noise in the daily numbers to really tell progress, but the weekly points make the trend clear.

View attachment 1715462718

Awesome graphic! You must've taken huge dumps on the 5th and 13th. Keep it up man!

Awesome graphic! You must've taken huge dumps on the 5th and 13th. Keep it up man!
Thanks!

Actually, what that graph shows most is the water gain peaks I get after heavy activity followed by a drop down low as my muscles heal and my osmotic balance rebounds. You can see that I tend to do big household projects on Sunday after weigh-in and my weight goes up for 2 days afterward with water retention in the muscles. Then it drops back down and tends to go low before returning to balance. It happens every time.

On the 14th, I did my house project before the weekend so you see the peak before weigh in.

Today I removed the built-in microwave over the stove and tomorrow I will install a new one. My weight will then go up for two days before dropping back down like clock work.

I told your plan to a friend of mine, and he has already lost some weight in just a couple.of weeks, he's stoked about it!

I just HAD to update this image to show what carrying the 70 lbs I lost was like...:)

C349F54A-FACF-4611-B093-8B61B852A22C.jpeg

About 7. I love milk. With pizza, pasta, fruit, chicken. Don't get cake much any more, and in small amounts when I do. When I was always eating sweet carbs, milk was their partner!

That's a lotta milk. I like it too but I refuse to drink anything less than whole red top milk. I don't drink that dang much though. lol

And I thought I drank a lot of milk...but nowhere near that much!

I have a glass of milk with each meal but that is only about a quart per day, or about 1.5 gals per week.

Clothes shopping spree!

For the first time in 24 years, I can wear Levi’s jeans again and not feel embarrassed by how I look in them...like a big blue elephant.

42” waist vs the nearly 60” I was 28 months ago. Got this pair a couple of days ago...

ABC9C301-A838-485F-8A7B-532EAAD7E7FE.jpeg

I liked how they looked and felt so I ordered 2 more pair (on sale, $21 each) But the 2XL sweatshirt in that pic is way too big like all the others I own, so I ordered 6 new ones today in an XL size (end of season sale, $9 each).

I also ordered some suede buck shoes to go with the new jeans in my now smaller foot size. (On sale, $49.95)

11D444C6-93D0-4145-A852-6AAB73E3749E.jpeg

It’s kinda nice to be buying clothes again that I can feel good about how I look when wearing them...instead of just buying a cloth covering to hide my fat ***.

Well, it’s 2 weeks into the month and my weight has been bouncing around like a frog on a hot plate. No surprise, at this time of year it always seems to happen with varying levels of physical activity and constantly changing weather conditions.

It finally started to settle down in the past few days and as of my official weigh-in this morning, I am down another lb.

My weight now is 244 lbs and 71 lbs lost.

I will be surprised if I lose much more than another lb by the end of the month. I was above my normal average loss for the past 2 months so it was bound to happen, just like it has many times before on this journey.

I never let it concern me as long as I am still making progress...and it’s all about long term averages anyway.:)

Well, it’s 2 weeks into the month and my weight has been bouncing around like a frog on a hot plate. No surprise, at this time of year it always seems to happen with varying levels of physical activity and constantly changing weather conditions.

It finally started to settle down in the past few days and as of my official weigh-in this morning, I am down another lb.

My weight now is 244 lbs and 71 lbs lost.

I will be surprised if I lose much more than another lb by the end of the month. I was above my normal average loss for the past 2 months so it was bound to happen, just like it has many times before on this journey.

I never let it concern me as long as I am still making progress...and it’s all about long term averages anyway.:)
Don't let it get you down. I'm still stuck at 204-206. That's still 32 lbs less than when I started. And you are still 71 less!

Last edited:
I think part of the reason my weight loss has slowed this month is that since December I have been doing extensive body stretching. The extra stretching has caused the associated muscles to retain extra water as they heal themselves along the way.

When I first started, my knee flexon could only pull from zero to 110*. Now it goes to 137*

F39B697B-02F8-4515-98EC-425F87F332DB.png

My hip abduction was around 38*, but now goes to 57*

1494B856-7E6F-4CEE-9F15-7751AACE8463.png

My hip flexon was at 58* but is now at 88* with a straight knee.

99F738CE-40A2-41F1-980F-E629C9E7924C.png

Well, pretty much as I expected, I barely got below 244 lbs this past month. No surprise, I was pushing hard for the past few months and figured it would happen...especially since I have been far more active this month and probably building some muscle that offsets the weight loss on the scale.

Clothes are fitting looser so I know I’m still going in the right direction regardless of what the scale shows.

Still, I’m down 71lbs+ and still going!

I’m itching to become even more active and start working out now that the weather is getting warmer. I feel like I have been too cooped up and physically constrained by this Winter and need to move and do more physically.

My weight loss is back to normal trajectory after last month’s apparent slow down. I figured it would even out...like it always has.

I was 245.2 lbs at the beginning of February and based on my daily calorie difference I should be at around 242.2 lbs today by calculation.

Well, today I got on the scale and I am at 242.4 lbs.

Now at around 73 lbs lost

Still going!

Next month is my current focused goal...with the target to be solidly into the 230s by the end of April.

Then onward to the next goal!

My next goal beyond April is to get to 232 lbs by the end of June.

It is what I weighed 28 years ago in June of 1992.

Oh yeah, and my hair is still growing back like mad.

I got my hair cut last week and these 2 photos were taken just 11 weeks apart.

BC3E6CED-D1A8-407D-8A35-F9EB160A714E.jpeg

My weight loss is back to normal trajectory after last month’s apparent slow down. I figured it would even out...like it always has.

I was 245.2 lbs at the beginning of February and based on my daily calorie difference I should be at around 242.2 lbs today by calculation.

Well, today I got on the scale and I am at 242.4 lbs.

Now at around 73 lbs lost

Still going!

That is fantastic. Congratulations Dave!

-
Back