Weight of an 8.75 rear?...

-

metallidart

member me?
Reaction score
Anyone know about what an a-body 8 3/4, drum to drum, weighs? Approximate? I'm giving a slightly educated guess of 210-220lbs.

Well I just picked up a complete e-body 8.75 complete 10" drum to drum 489 peg-leg 2.76 and had the seller help me with it and I figured about just over 160lbs or so

No way you can take an old scale and stand it up on end? (with help to be safe, and on some rags).

I just moved one recently too, and I would guess more than the 160lbs, but probably not over the 210. Just a totally random guess though.

I recently shipped a non-SG center section to another member and the weight of it by itself was nearly 80 pounds.

Mine is still in the car haha. I have shipped them before, but for the life of me I can't remember how heavy they are!

Oh I see. Well, if I wasn't sick as a dog, and my wife wouldn't kill me for using her new scale, I'd go out and weigh one for you. Maybe someone else could.

Thats ok Kernel! I agree, that friggin thing is heavy. I crawled on my knees cradling the rearend to get it under the car, thought it was going to break my back.

center 80, axles about 45, housing about 30, brakes another 50

200 is a pretty save guess.

I can do it for you tomorrow as I have a shipping scale and a a-body 8 3/4 if you would like?

You are all getting close,,, Weight of a A-body 8 3/4 3.91 SG drum to drum= 221 lbs.
Used a cert.shipping scale this morning. 489 case small yoke.

-
Back