weird 64 valiant

-

herschel

Reaction score
I will add pic's later. first four vin #11456. /6 cal v100 1964. Very common car. Weird part, side molding goes from rear of front fender to front of rear fender and is about mid car. has a light in the middle of the grill. Deck lid has a A180 badge. front fenders have a small rectangular light. Heater nobs all have about three inch polls. Any ideas? I bought it for transportation, and to tinker with. I like plain Jain no funky stuff, and the exterior stuff will go away unless its a special car. If special or rare it will be sold, and I will buy a plain Jain car. Oh it's a 2 door post car drum brakes and front and rear sway bars. funky weird stuff looks stock...

sounds like a belt line trim. I seen a Dart with a trim that he may be describing.
1964_ValiantSignet.jpg

Canadian? They built some mutants up there.

Here's some pics- I will take more in the daylight.

Attachments

• IMG_20140419_181638.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 228
  • IMG_20140419_181704.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 215
I have never seen one with side trim like that. Can we see a pic of the light in the grille?

In the late 60s it was common for folks to add a "Daylight Driving Light". The were an attempt at improved safety, thinking others could see them better if there was always a light on. Those ranged from sort of a clear clearance lamp to additional sealed beams. Maybe that is the front light.....
The side mouldings are probably and aftermarket add-on as well as the rectangular front fender lamps.

-
Back