Weird thought it would bring people together

-

williaml

Reaction score
Okay, last night around 7 pm I fired up my 1965 Dodge Dart Convertible and my wife and I headed to the local ice cream hang out (Rita's). We pulled into the lot and there were about 4 people on the deck eating ice cream. After ordering we were sitting down and I noticed a classic Mustang convertible in the next parking lot. I said to my wife, wow that's a nice car. There was a couple not more than 3 feet from me. They finished thier ice cream and left. I saw them walk out of the parking lot and walk over to the mustang. Now they saw me pull up and could have said hey theres my car in the next lot but nothing......Weird.

Ford people. Nuff said.

Alot of people are like that. Been on car cruises with my Cuda or the Fairlane. These cars are just completely stock & original looking & 90% restored. Comment on someone elses car & sometimes you just get a sneer no matter what they are driving!!! But thankfully for the most part, most people are really appreciative of the "old iron" that has been brought back to life!!!

They were just jealous that they had a belly button for car and not something unique like your ragtop williaml.

Pat

I -- just -- don't -- know. People can be weird

Maybe the two had just had a little fight. Maybe someone ELSE had upset them. Who the heck knows?

i wouldnt have given it a second thought, im surrounded by people that think their 1 of 1.5 million produced cars in a box are unique and dont even know what a mopar is

Probably thinks his buttstain is far superior than your Dart so he is stuck up. Or he inherited or bought it restored and only takes it out cause his family wants to go for a cruise....definetly NOT a car guy.

When I go to shows I like and look at all cars but would rather check out the Mopars. When we are cruising around and see another old car we always wave or talk if we are at the same place. Cool to see other old cars, just don't get it.

Dunno- kinda odd not to atleast give the "Nice car" comment to you. People, "Meh..."

It's strange how people are. Same basic thing has happened to me, but I drove up, while I was in my 61 Cadillac 2dr HT, complimented his ride and all I got was a impolite thanks and he drove off. I just think some people aren't Car people, they just like theire car.

They probably had no clue what kind of car you had since they aren't a dime a dozen, like classic Mustangs. Rather than embarrass himself he just walked on by... As someone already said, clueless.

I was complimented on my Valiant twice today, all within 10 minutes of eachother.

The first was a guy helping direct traffic out of a parking lot.....stopping traffic he said it was a nice car and asked what year it was and what engine was in it.

The second was a random woman in another parking lot at a strip mall that yelled, "Nice car!"

I'm usually complimented at least once a day, no joke, whether it's a thumbs up or someone just asking about it, but I drive it everday. Most of the compliments occur either while I'm actually driving and someone is asking out their car window or at a gas station.....even had a guy ask if he could take pics a few months ago at the gas station.

Oh, sorry, there was a 3rd instance when I went and picked up my parts from powdercoating. The powdercoat dude was just all up in the car complimenting me on it and how you never see one of these, it's usually camaros, corvettes, and mustangs they see.

Kinda makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside :)

Like 273Dart said... Maybe he was having a bad day and getting divorced and she said she wanted the car, lol!

Meh, no worries. At least it wasn't some big fat cheetos eating Mecum Auto watcher pointing out that you didn't have the correct hose clamps and battery.

Fug 'em, enjoy your ride!

A few weeks ago I parked my Duster in a grocery store parking lot, and heard a lady say "WOW! that's a nice looking car!!!"
I turned to look, and she was talking about the mustang her and her husband were walking towards (their own mid-90's cookie cutter 'stang vert).

btw, this guy in a new corvette pulls up next to my stealth one day, calls over "nice car!". I say "thanks". He looks at me for a few seconds and says "aren't you going to say it back?". I said "if I thought you had a nice car I would have said so." The look on his face was priceless lol.

[/QUOTE]btw, this guy in a new corvette pulls up next to my stealth one day, calls over "nice car!". I say "thanks". He looks at me for a few seconds and says "aren't you going to say it back?". I said "if I thought you had a nice car I would have said so." The look on his face was priceless lol.[/QUOTE]

Lol!! Awesome!

I agree with the OP. I would expect to have engaged in a light conversation. I'm a "car guy". I have preferences as to my favorites, as does everybody, but I can respect opinions of all. I was at a recent show, with my 10 Challenger, some people don't like them, oh well. I saw several cars there that I really liked. I never met the owners of the 72 Swinger or the 69 GT. I really wanted to talk with them. Then I met and talked with the owner of a 40 Willys sedan, spent near an hour with him. Loved every minute of it. Next was a 72 original owner Barracuda, another hour spent there. Saw a 69 RS/SS Camaro that was the most beautiful blue I have ever seen. Again couldn't find the owner. It really is about cars. I believe we all love our own above everybody else's, but admit it or not we love automobiles in general. I always take time to talk with anyone about my car or any other, that is what our hobby is about.
This is just the opinion of an open minded, admitted, addicted car nut.:D:cheers:

My Dart isn't all that "nice." The paint ain't that good and it certainly isn't original with the seats in it, and no front carpets. But I've got a LOT of smiles, thumbs up, and nice words. I bought mine to DRIVE before I get too damn old. I'm almost there right now.

If I drove a Ford, I'd be in a hurry to leave too.

-
Back