Well, I bought one.....

-
Come on now! "Grenade 360"?? "Grenade 360"?? What is that? The only thing that comes to mind is running it with no oil.
well, I call it "grenade" 360 because we bought it with 198,*** miles, never heard it run, and we are not pulling apart anything on the bottom end... not even taken the oil pan off. All we did was spin the oil pump and verify oil pressure. We're throwing a cam in it, valve springs, 4bbl with headers and going to run the daylights out of it - will it grenade?? We hope not, but I'm not guaranteeing anything :D :D

Come on now! "Grenade 360"?? "Grenade 360"?? What is that? The only thing that comes to mind is running it with no oil.
with that all said.... I've not lost a small block mopar in my entire life, and I've owned more than I can remember. (there I did it! Jinxed)

You call yours the Grenade 360 and I call my version the Junkyard 360. It is a 84 LA snow plow truck motor that is in the hillbilly dart waiting to be hooked up.
It is complete with a couple hundred thousand miles original bearings. I did have to change the oil pan and pick up to a car pan. I put a new timing chain in it and a fresh set of stock heads on it. It did have a Quadrajet on it but I will either use a holly or thermoquad.

well, I call it "grenade" 360 because we bought it with 198,*** miles, never heard it run, and we are not pulling apart anything on the bottom end... not even taken the oil pan off. All we did was spin the oil pump and verify oil pressure. We're throwing a cam in it, valve springs, 4bbl with headers and going to run the daylights out of it - will it grenade?? We hope not, but I'm not guaranteeing anything :D :D

I think it be fine, and fun.

I think it be fine, and fun.
what I like is "no guilt" :D I recently talked to a racer that lost his 14,000 dollar roller race motor in 6 minutes without ever making a pass. The poor guy isn't rich and it will be a while before he recovers to get it back together.
..... Not me! No Way, Son! Not me!!!

-
Back