Well, I bought one.....

-
I'm thinking of a "LOW DOLLAR" bruiser cruiser......:realcrazy:
What I mean is, something that's in the order of what it was designed to be. Something that is highway geared, roomy and spacious, and would rather start at a 55 mph roll.
I'm thinking a smooth running/idling 440 with about 360 hp @ 4500 rpms and about 480 ft lbs of torque on tap with a broad curve with good vacuum and likes 89 octane backed by 2.76 gears and 15" tires.

Last edited:
I'm thinking of a "LOW DOLLAR" bruiser cruiser......:realcrazy:
What I mean is, something that's in the order of what it was designed to be. Something that is highway geared, roomy and spacious, and would rather start at a 55 mph roll.
I'm thinking a smooth running/idling 440 with about 360 hp @ 4500 rpms and about 480 ft lbs of torque on tap with a broad curve with good vacuum and likes 89 octane backed by 2.76 gears and 15" tires.
knock it through the roof it's your money and I got to say it's one of your most realistic plans..

are you gonna tell your grandchildren you ate your words when the drag trucks breaks a 10.99? Lol
We are really hoping to go 12's this summer in the DRag TRuck with a grenade 360. Literally. If so, this will be a bought, built, and paid for 12 second Full Size Truck on a extreme low dollar budget.

are you gonna tell your grandchildren you ate your words when the drag trucks breaks a 10.99? Lol
here's the thing when someone pronounces 10's on 5 you're not thinking though they're going to buy a vehicle and in for 5 years try a bunch of different motors and go back and forth and wishy-washy and then end up somewhere 10 years from now with a 10 second $5,000 rig.
Now if that was what they said to begin with it wouldn't sound so fantastic and it sure wouldn't grab the headlines.

so,..B body for high way, leave the truck on the farm, and finally get serious with the duster for 10s on 5!! dont need 2 highway geared mopars!!

so,..B body for high way, leave the truck on the farm, and finally get serious with the duster for 10s on 5!! dont need 2 highway geared mopars!!
Trust me, if I was serious about going quick I'd be quick already. The truck was (and still is somewhat) a learning curve to my son/son-in-law as I mentioned in the very first post of my "10's on 5k" thread. And I clearly stated no biggie if we didn't make it. If we ran a 12.2, so be it. It was about the journey, not the destination. I wasn't grand standing or challenging anyone or any idea. Just about everyone skipped passed that and took me to task. LOL. So, we've come a long ways with the truck and have some pieces bought, but I've just let it go for the most part on FABO :)

Not to hijack this thread, but this is a good one. Back many years ago, this guy that worked in our local speed shop (Raceland here in Lincoln) had a Cordoba with a 400 with a tunnel ram with 2 Thermoquads on it. I never did see it but I guess it ran pretty hard, I'm sure he had the rest of the car built accordingly. Sorry-no pictures.

We are really hoping to go 12's this summer in the DRag TRuck with a grenade 360. Literally. If so, this will be a bought, built, and paid for 12 second Full Size Truck on a extreme low dollar budget.

Come on now! "Grenade 360"?? "Grenade 360"?? What is that? The only thing that comes to mind is running it with no oil.

a tunnel ram with 2 Thermoquads on it. Sorry-no pictures.
A-Hem... if I may step in with a small block version...
And it’s twin electric choke 1600 cfm of fury....
LMAO!
E4EAA4E9-8148-40CA-893F-F505C303AB10.jpeg

The car body is just something to bolt seats to, so you can just build the rest, ie, frame, suspension, driveline etc....to go as fast or as slow, in a straight line or curves!!???
The car body is only limited by weight and aerodynamics!

-
Back