Well I did it!

-
cool man, congrats.
saw the video of your car doing 11 something, love the way it jumps up.
mine will jump off the line like that one day.

Very nice build!! Congrats again!
Did you use the templates I sent to make your own subfame connectors?
I will be doing the cuda and the dart both this winter.
John I ended up useing 3x1 tube(was in a rush,while doing minitubbs)but will cut some up this winter and redo them.The templates will be used,trust me.I have all winter this time to do improvements,most work is already done.Jeez,I haven,t even painted my cage as having my tranny/d.shaft issues tookup any extra time this summer.Oh Caltracs also this winter.

Rear is 8 3/4 narrowed,Strange axels,4.30 spool
Hoosier 29-12-15 on Weld ProStar 15x12

Hey Scott,

On your "break into the 10's" run can you remember what RPM you were trapping at with your new 29"slicks and 4.30's?Shift RPM?

I'm trying to decide which tire to run 28" or 30".(can't get a 29") I think it will mean a gear change to either 4.30 or 4.56, but I wanna keep my RPM under contol so taht piston speed in the 419 doesn't reach critical. Might go 30" then just try it with 3.91 to see how far I have to go on the gear change.:homework:

Let me know how you made out with RPM.Cheers

Hey Dave,with the 3.91,s and 28 inch tire I was running out of steam at about 6700-6800rpm and wasn,t making any HP after the 1000ft mark.Switching to 29 inch and the 4.30 spool brought down my RPM to 6100-6200 crossing the line.I was much happier,not revving the bajeebles out of the engine.These stroker engines kinda tapper off after 5700rpm.Here is my last past of the 2010 season.Oct.30/10.Car ran a best ever of [email protected] 60fts 1.50 6.83@100mph in the 1/8.I,ve added RMS tubular UCA and hymed struts up front and CalTracs out back.Paint/body being done as we speak.:glasses8:
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/video.php?do=viewdetails&videoid=86

Wow, I'm suprised that combo didn't go the other way for your trap rpm. That 1" taller tire must make a big difference.

Sorry to confuse Mike.I guess I should,ve said I tried the 28 inch tires with the new 4.30 spool and that,s what put me over the top..RPM wise.I then bought new 29 inch tires to bring my RPM trapspeed down.My bad.LOL

thanks for the info Scott. You had me confused there also but now it made sense. Bigger tire with same gear should lower trap RPM. I think based on what happen with your combo the 4.30 should be leaving the RPM right about where I want the Engine to be in the traps with a 30" tire. Just got to order them now$$. I can always bump up to 4.56 if it doesn't work out.:cheers:

-
Back