Well, I drug home another one

-
73DD7A80-7E8A-444C-9CB7-464664AC5C6C.png

Ha...my first wife was from Shingle Springs. She got really fat.
That makes no difference to this thread but I like telling people.
My first wife did that. A steady diet of doughnuts and cake frosting will do it.

It was 104 here today so after work I didn’t want to do a damn thing until the sun went down, but I was able to free up the stuck passenger side brake caliper that required us to drag the car on to the trailer with the winch. Also took some pictures of the interior (roached from California sun) and my favorite (had a lot of cars and never seen this) the chrome caliper. Enjoy
79DF78D6-56D5-4E4E-9712-4F5E0FB9EE0C.jpeg

0A2DAA67-6367-47D2-AEE8-9C8D29ED36B0.jpeg

F8DB1A8C-778A-48FB-AC86-1672F3A1B4B4.jpeg

DD0A30F6-E0B3-4079-9A5C-0540C11A6419.jpeg

8ABA651D-FAF6-4F15-B22A-E4B89BFCE49D.jpeg

8933E3FA-A898-4F12-9197-0C4B3565108B.jpeg

035A55AD-6AB0-42F2-AB60-3A8BB0DC5C31.jpeg

840BDDB5-466C-4FA4-8844-28661B642717.jpeg

199434DF-DCC9-4ED0-9B9F-DA0BC55C7CF2.jpeg

Someone was building themselves a fancy show car braking system. The chrome is actually pretty nice on em. Weird.

I’m actually shocked by the condition of this car. All the usual places I find rust in A bodies this thing is clean. All the suspension mounting points are solid, the trunk drops are clean, the torsion bar crossmember is solid as a rock, the underside of the front fenderwells looks mint. The only typical mopar thing it’s got going on is the door striker on the driver side is broken out.

There definitely is some janky wiring I’ll have to go through and fix. Like always.

I have some vintage harnesses here. Let me know if I can help.

I have some vintage harnesses here. Let me know if I can help.
Thanks for the offer, I will. I dont think the harness is unsalvageable at this point but I’ve already seen (and haven’t been specifically looking) some wires twisted together under the dash and some butt connectors in a few places. And the positive battery cable is a stereo shop special, one of those clear fancy cables. Gotta go.

Those calipers got the bling bling. Now you gotta find wheels that’ll let them be seen by the world. :steering:

I agree but I hope they don’t. :lol:
I always have one of my old cars for sale seems like. Maybe I sell one a year but.......It is always amazing how many people back East will always say, nice car good price wish we were closer. ha. I see pics of peoples underside of East coast cars on here and I cringe!!! Sorry.

Funny thing is I had 2 more door projects, first time for me for a crew cab old Mopar car. I did the body/paint on both and one as a pretty much done driver. One went to NE Pa. and the other to Ne. One for a cop car build and other to get a modern hemi. Both guys drove here for them.

Love solid old cars! You would have to think the guys back in the Rust Belt would look for more cars West! :thumbsup: :BangHead:

I agree but I hope they don’t. :lol:
I do. I can buy rusty crap, or rent a truck and trailer and head west! I've done it three times so far. You have to go to where the good cars are, or settle for what's around. Each trip has been a fun adventure and all have included a stop at Devil's Tower in Wyoming.

But too many people say a car is too far. There's always transportation companies if one can't make the journey. If they can't work something out with their own limits, then they really didn't want the car to begin with.

I do. I can buy rusty crap, or rent a truck and trailer and head west! I've done it three times so far. You have to go to where the good cars are, or settle for what's around. Each trip has been a fun adventure and all have included a stop at Devil's Tower in Wyoming.

But too many people say a car is too far. There's always transportation companies if one can't make the journey. If they can't work something out with their own limits, then they really didn't want the car to begin with.
Completely agree. The journey of discovery and acquisition is big part of it for me. I drove from so cal to Lubbock Texas (3 day round trip) for my falcon because it was the car I wanted. I was saying I hope they don’t come west because they’ll buy up all the cars I want and are close to me, but I guess I can’t have em all.

Last edited:
A nice find, a clean vehicle is a plus.
Us east coast folks have to look hard for clean metal, but we do have plenty of power trains, and usable interior parts.
Fixing rust is easy for most car guys on the east coast, because we have done it a few times.
I have road-tripped out west to pick up cars.

It was 104 here today so after work I didn’t want to do a damn thing until the sun went down, but I was able to free up the stuck passenger side brake caliper that required us to drag the car on to the trailer with the winch. Also took some pictures of the interior (roached from California sun) and my favorite (had a lot of cars and never seen this) the chrome caliper. Enjoy
View attachment 1716134895

View attachment 1716134896

View attachment 1716134897

View attachment 1716134894

View attachment 1716134898

View attachment 1716134899

View attachment 1716134893

View attachment 1716134900

View attachment 1716134901
Someone was building themselves a fancy show car braking system. The chrome is actually pretty nice on em. Weird.
If the bores aren't mesed up get the stainless steel pistons

If the bores aren't mesed up get the stainless steel pistons
Rock auto had cardone Kelsey Hayes calipers in stock. I ordered them today along with all of the hoses. Who has stainless pistons for them?

I didn’t really need another Dart, I have two and this is the third. I really wasn’t even looking for another Dart. I’ve actually been looking for an early D series shortbed truck lately. But I saw an add, noticed the seller was a friend of a friend, and made a few calls. That was Tuesday, I went to look at it yesterday and today I drug it home. Here is my new to me, original paint, 70 dart.
View attachment 1716134506

View attachment 1716134504

View attachment 1716134505

View attachment 1716134507

View attachment 1716134508
Very low optioned car, 318/904, 7-1/4
Manual Kelsey Hayes disks, power steering, white on blue. I don’t really have a plan for it yet but I don’t own anything that isn’t turbocharged so we all know how that will end up. Time will tell. Gotta thank @Turbo440Dart Chris and Troy for coming along for the ride and the seller Mike for the friend deal. Whatever I do with it I guarantee it’ll be posted here. Stay tuned.
Did it come with a new wife? I drag one more car home and it better have a new wife included in the deal! Hah! Great score, that thing looks pristine. Just a blank canvas waiting to spring to life. Well done guy!

Rock auto had cardone Kelsey Hayes calipers in stock. I ordered them today along with all of the hoses. Who has stainless pistons for them?
Its been a while since I looked. If not listed under mopar, look under Mustang. Same piston. Also some Corvettes.
Quick look at some old links not finding them seperate but they may still be out there as this company is offering them installed.

Might see your local parts store if you still have one.

Last edited:
i think the last set of stainless pistons i got were from MP Brakes, but i had to call them because their online catalog is bobo.

i had **** luck with cardone remans years and years ago which pressed me to rebuilding my own-- something i avoid like the plague. i hate those 4 pot calipers with the fury of 10,000 suns.

anyway, give a hairy eyeball to the calipers-- sometimes the jobbers mix-n-match early and late stuff. the pre 67 pistons are shorter and they'll wreak some havoc when trying to figure out why the brakes are acting all wonky.

btw, if your tubes are shot i *think* CJ pony parts still has stainless transfer tubes and if not, inline tube might.

Did it come with a new wife? I drag one more car home and it better have a new wife included in the deal! Hah! Great score, that thing looks pristine. Just a blank canvas waiting to spring to life. Well done guy!
My girl was upset that she didn’t get to go drag it home with me, she’s a keeper. I’m pretty lucky in that aspect. Her and my family all know my afflictions at this point, they don't even ask questions anymore.

-
Back