Well I've got my 5.7 Hemi Now what

-

johnparts

Slammed 1
Reaction score
Well I just got the word from E-Bay that I won my auction on a 5.7 Long Block now where do I need to go from here? I will be going Carbed for now the injection will come when the budget permits. What all do I need as far as my chassis is concerned? I know I need the TCI motor mounts but what else?

Well considering I have the carb already the intake from Indy is $595 and the MSD controller is $459

I dunno about all this 5.7 hemi swaping. I have one sitting in the shop floor right now that I pulled out of a truck, I thought about putting it in my old shop truck (79) but it will cost more to get it in and running than I want to spend. I can freshen up a nice 318 or 360 magnum roller motor for the cost of all the swap parts. Its just me but I think I will just stick with my LA based motors.

But to answer you questions, you will need mounts, something for exhaust, maybe TTI? Flexplate to hook up to your trans, all the front accessory drive stuff if its not on your "long block". That should get you started. Whats that about $2000.00? Adds up fast.

They make tons of power. Our R/T Challenger weighs 4140 w/o me and they run mid to high 8's in the 1/8 mile. You put that in a 1000 pound lighter car!!!
Thats gonna make a A Body FAST! Jmho

They make tons of power. Our R/T Challenger weighs 4140 w/o me and they run mid to high 8's in the 1/8 mile. You put that in a 1000 pound lighter car!!!
Thats gonna make a A Body FAST! Jmho
Yeah I know I hold the record for Highest HP 3rd gen Hemi with a single power adder I know they can scoot

I dunno about all this 5.7 hemi swaping. I have one sitting in the shop floor right now that I pulled out of a truck, I thought about putting it in my old shop truck (79) but it will cost more to get it in and running than I want to spend. I can freshen up a nice 318 or 360 magnum roller motor for the cost of all the swap parts. Its just me but I think I will just stick with my LA based motors.

It's all preferance!! If you want to add a little more snot to your ride on the cheap (or expensive depending on the buildup), then there is nothing wrong with building up a small block. If you want a hemi in your truck and that is what you want and don't care about it costing extra money then put the hemi in. Either way, it's still a cool ride!!!:toothy10:

Yeah if you factor in drivetrain losses the 838 turns into 1000 HP at the crank. Oh and I was the first person in the country to put a ring and pinion in the LX cars too so I know how stuborn the stock PCM's can be

Well I just got the word from E-Bay that I won my auction on a 5.7 Long Block now where do I need to go from here? I will be going Carbed for now the injection will come when the budget permits. What all do I need as far as my chassis is concerned? I know I need the TCI motor mounts but what else?

I found a link to a place called Plum floored? They have kits. I didn't check on the prices and have never dealt with them but I posted it anyway. I did the 5.7L swap on my cuda so If you need a hand let me know.

Here is the link I found
http://www.plumfloored.com/a-body_hemi_swap_conversion.htm

This is my opinion on it. if your looking for cheap power a small block will do just dandy. If you want a decent bit of power and get some decent gas mileage this is the swap. if your looking for something different this might also be a good swap but its costly.

I found a link to a place called Plum floored? They have kits. I didn't check on the prices and have never dealt with them but I posted it anyway. I did the 5.7L swap on my cuda so If you need a hand let me know.

Here is the link I found
http://www.plumfloored.com/a-body_hemi_swap_conversion.htm
http://www.plumfloored.com/a-body_hemi_swap_conversion.htm[/quote]Yeah Yeah I know him personally and his Prices are outragous But I might be able to get him to swing a deal.

Yeah"]http://www.plumfloored.com/a-body_hemi_swap_conversion.htm
[/url] Yeah I know him personally and his Prices are outragous But I might be able to get him to swing a deal.[/quote]

Just a stupid question? Do you need a list of stuff to get or do you have a good idea of what you need?:toothy10:

[/url] Yeah I know him personally and his Prices are outragous But I might be able to get him to swing a deal.

Just a stupid question? Do you need a list of stuff to get or do you have a good idea of what you need?:toothy10:[/quote]I've got an idea of what I need I just talked to him and he's gonna put together a quote for me since I wanna run a 4-speed and 2x4 barrels

Just a stupid question? Do you need a list of stuff to get or do you have a good idea of what you need?:toothy10:
I've got an idea of what I need I just talked to him and he's gonna put together a quote for me since I wanna run a 4-speed and 2x4 barrels[/quote]

I built mine with the dual quad and love it! Check out my pics!!

Hey dude . Check out the after market loads of stuff out there o do the swap... a little pricey but out there...depends on your skills on wether you can fab up stuff to save $$$. Don't listen to all these na sayers and there crap who you building the car for anyway??? So build it your way!!!! Listen the COOL factor of running a HEMI will out weigh all the B>S it takes to get it in there. Do it man and get those pic's in here for us to see all of us love car ****!!!!!

I noticed you are still running manual brakes how does she stop?

Still has 4 wheel 10" drums. Stops on a $1.10 and I am looking forward to a front disk brake conversion. I will still keep with the manual brakes though. I don't have enough manifold vaccume for power.8)

tn_full_070408_11171jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg

-
Back