Well I've got my 5.7 Hemi Now what

-
Now give us a shot of the lower alt. bracket, I'm curious to see how you did yours versus how I did mine.

Still has 4 wheel 10" drums. Stops on a $1.10 and I am looking forward to a front disk brake conversion. I will still keep with the manual brakes though. I don't have enough manifold vaccume for power.8)
Is the vacuum problem due to cam choice? I'm planning on a similar set-up and have the power booster and now wonder if it will work!

Is the vacuum problem due to cam choice? I'm planning on a similar set-up and have the power booster and now wonder if it will work!

That is a lack of manifold vaccume due to cam choice. I only have about 10in of vaccume at idle. Cam is .557 lift 232 duration @ .050 intake : .560 lift 235 duration @ .050 exhaust ground on a 108 deg centerline. Cam was specialy cut for carburetors.

Now give us a shot of the lower alt. bracket, I'm curious to see how you did yours versus how I did mine.

I machined the ear down and added a section to make the alternator line up. Installed a steel sleeve to make the hole smaller. Made the adjuster for the alternator. I had the rotor shaft of a dual field, round back alternator threaded and installed a 7 groove serpentine alternator pulley off of a dodge truck. It looks more like it should as if it was original equipment.

tn_full_alteejpg_Thumbnail1.jpg

tn_full_052508_12071jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg

tn_full_070408_11181jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg

It does look very factory. Excellent job on the alternator pulley.

hey can you run a-833 on a 5.7 fuel injected i am still trying to convince my self on butting one in my 68 valiant.I pretty much work by myself i am scared of electrical.

No problem. Have the computer flashed for a standard trans and your set.

No problem. Have the computer flashed for a standard trans and your set.
Yeah what he said the new Challengers have a 5-speed and the trucks have had one for a while so you tell the computer that it's in one of those cars and bingo.

Nice work guys. These motors respond realllllllly well to cams. I've finished the motor and now it is time to start getting it into the car.

Nice work on that alternator mount. May have to copy that one. :)

Yeah"]http://www.plumfloored.com/a-body_hemi_swap_conversion.htm
[/url] Yeah I know him personally and his Prices are outragous But I might be able to get him to swing a deal.[/quote]

I provide some parts to them. Mostly, cams and engine parts. I can check with him on prices if there is anything particular. I'm going to buy in as a vendor here in a few days so I can go into details then.

hey Stu nice to see u on here.. I'm sure you company "Inertia motorsports" can and will bring these cars to record setting pace... Custom quaility parts and the best customer service in the business PERIOD!

Hey dude . Check out the after market loads of stuff out there o do the swap... a little pricey but out there...depends on your skills on wether you can fab up stuff to save $$$. Don't listen to all these na sayers and there crap who you building the car for anyway??? So build it your way!!!! Listen the COOL factor of running a HEMI will out weigh all the B>S it takes to get it in there. Do it man and get those pic's in here for us to see all of us love car ****!!!!!

AMEN BROTHER!!!!!:cheers:

-
Back