Well, I've joined the 'Old truck from the 40s' Club

-

70DartMike

Too many projects
Reaction score
My neighbor down the road is an older gentleman who picks up these cool old trucks out of the prairies and brings them back here. About a year ago I saw him I unloading a '49 Fargo pickup, so I stopped in to introduce myself. We talked for a while and he asked me to help him work on the truck. So for the past year I've been stopping by and we swapped the seized flat 6 for a rebuilt flat 6, and have been going through everything else to get it back on the road. I also did a bunch of electrical and welding for him. Well just the other day he talked about selling it (he's more into Model A's and Model T's) and asked if I was interested. I said definitely, so he made me a deal I couldn't turn down. Tomorrow I'm going to help him unload a '50 GMC he brought back and then trailer the Fargo to my place.
It's completely rust free!
Yes, the hood and globe hood ornament are there too. Actually, every bit and piece for the truck is there, along with the original motor/tranny, generator, starter, and every other nut and bolt.
Looks like I've got to sell the Rambler to make space.

Nice.. Fix the unknown, drive the silliness a lot, & enjoy it....

Thanks Del. I absolutely love these old trucks, but finding a decent one to work with is a challenge on its own. Looks like waiting paid off.

Those are awesome trucks! I'd gladly trade off my beloved '77 for a mid '50s or old dodge truck!

You are lucky, that is some clean sheet metal.
Had a 56 dodge truck, should have never sold it.

Cool ride, and welcome to the 40s Dodge Pickup club! :)

(We've got a '46 that's at my neighbor's shop getting built)

cool!!!! but I need to say, ya don't sell one car t make room for another, ya add on to the garage!!! ha

Lol, that's the reason for selling. In the garage.. '67 Barracuda project, '70 Dart that's NICE, '66 Rambler survivor. Which one do I want to sit outside over winter? None. Rambler has to go.

Yeah I'd trade my w250 in a minute for an old rig like that one. Really cool.

Got it home today, fits perfectly in the shop. Put the hood back on, man that's a cool looking truck!

Attachments

• IMG_20151009_144456.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 253
I always thought the Fargo trucks were cooler than the Dodges. Kinda like GMC to Chevy. We've got an old 49 dodge grain truck that would be perfect for a 12v swap car hauler rat rod ordeal...

Very cool.

My wife has been wanting me to get an old truck for years. I'm not ready just yet for another project, but like you...couldn't have passed on that beauty!

-
Back