Well!! The guys that attended carlisle how was it???

-
I was going to go Fri., got on line for a weather report and concluded-No way.
Did go Sat., as usual, tons of absolutely beautiful cars on the show field.
Some pretty good deals on project cars and of course some way over priced.
I`m in the market for a rb 4spd, most were asking like $1100.00 biguns:-s
Mostly searching for illusive bezals and trim for my 52, to no avail, but made contacts. Now if I can just remember to contact these people ahead of time for next year, they`ll bring the stuff.
I bought a few bs items as usuall like a big bag of scotchbrite disc, Good deals on a big hollow punch set, yingyang of course, keyring, and a good condition 67 cuda fuelcap-$50.
A vendor had a couple whole hogs on the rack, and I love some good pulled pork. It was dry an awefull.
It was hotter-n-hell and my white *** legs got burnt, as the back of my neck/face.
Worth it??
Yep, I like looking thru everybodys parts looking for a deal, but its rare to get one. I found a NOS cuda passenger mirror, thought it said $45, was going to snag it- nope that was $450.00:roll:
Still pretty cool to hang with thousands of Mopar people
Took just one pic of a 51 like mine just for trim reference, Guy listed it for $17 large, and probably worth it considering the restoration.

Attachments

• 51 wayfarer coupe 002 (Small).jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 496
I was going to go Fri., got on line for a weather report and concluded-No way.
Did go Sat., as usual, tons of absolutely beautiful cars on the show field.
Some pretty good deals on project cars and of course some way over priced.
I`m in the market for a rb 4spd, most were asking like $1100.00 biguns:-s
Mostly searching for illusive bezals and trim for my 52, to no avail, but made contacts. Now if I can just remember to contact these people ahead of time for next year, they`ll bring the stuff.
I bought a few bs items as usuall like a big bag of scotchbrite disc, Good deals on a big hollow punch set, yingyang of course, keyring, and a good condition 67 cuda fuelcap-$50.
A vendor had a couple whole hogs on the rack, and I love some good pulled pork. It was dry an awefull.
It was hotter-n-hell and my white *** legs got burnt, as the back of my neck/face.
Worth it??
Yep, I like looking thru everybodys parts looking for a deal, but its rare to get one. I found a NOS cuda passenger mirror, thought it said $45, was going to snag it- nope that was $450.00:roll:
Still pretty cool to hang with thousands of Mopar people
Took just one pic of a 51 like mine just for trim reference, Guy listed it for $17 large, and probably worth it considering the restoration.

Saw that car Father in law LOVED it. I thought it was cool but not quite my style :) .

As you said Sat was HOT and prices were kinda dumb there were IMO a few A body "deals" though. I will post some in a few.

Well! Arrived Wednesday morning, camped onsite. Spend Wednesday night and Thursday dealing with the affects of food poisoning. Rained out Friday, parts vending sucked. Spend Saturday sitting on vendor spot couldn't get away to long. Came home Sunday. All in all great week!
Hope to see you all next year

Went for the first time this year. Got in Thursday around noon, and got drenched from the rain Thursday and Friday. Tons of great cars, and great people.

These were the 3 cars I considered a deal 2 A bodies and a street rod type.

This 67/68(i cant tell the difference lol) A Body Dart Convertible was a decent deal at $12,000 OBO

11566138.jpg

this early 70's A Body was about $10,000 OBO and a almost spotless car from what I saw without going over it with a fine tooth comb I believe it was a 318

11566143.jpg

And this street Rod could have been had for between $7500-8000 I believe even though asking was a bit more. We almost took it

11566139.jpg

11566141.jpg

But thats about it for "deals" or at least reasonable priced cars.

^^^That tan scamp was spotless, besides the pain run on the drivers side trunk extension. It was in exceptional shape though. I wouldnt mind driving it!

Just one ? Where were all the FABO members? Got there Fri at 4: or so. All day Sat. Never saw 1 FABO guy. Maby I missed something. If I did then I apologise. Al

Tried to edit but couldnt. Sold a Rotis to 340Sport. Verry good deal. Verry good guy to deal with.

I was there all day fri till it about 2 then it was raining so steady everyone had their stuff covered. Sat morning was awesome a little cool not hot yet. I walked the whole place couldnt find anyone selling quarter skins for my 67 cuda. Ran into flmopars at her site selling a 69 formula. Got a few deals... a valence panel for ten bucks super straight,
black visors and kickpanels 20 and 10. I stopped at legendary and ordered my interior, got new stainless brake lines and fuel lines new bumpers

I was there saturday, There was a lot of good deals! I just did not have much money. All I walked away with was a flip top gas cap for 5 bucks. My friend walked away with a ton of great deals! beat the heck out of the mystical cuda guy. those mystical cuda people were really nice people. Had some pricey stuff and some cheap stuff. Hopefully I have money next year and can get some stuff from them.

The wife,the dogs,and myself got to the fairgrounds Tuesday, set up camp and Wednesday, three more groups from our local club showed up , and I helped them get set up.Thursday afternoon it rained a little, no problem. Friday morning picked up a super victor in take for the stroker motor at the Indy spot, than went to Mancini's and got a stash of gasket sets and extra head and intake gaskets.Friday afternoon the sky opened up and while mr and mrs catsncudas were at my trailer avoiding the storm, we had a great time chit chatting. Offered to give them a ride off grounds to their car, and while I was gone a flash flood came up and took out my generator!!!!!!!!!! Hell, there was even a rim and tire that ended up at my site!!!!!!Saturday , got a good deal on a set of magnaflow 3" mufflers and by six in the evening the generator decided I had suffered enough and was willing to run again[ circuit board had dried out], yippee!!!!!!!! ac blew cold all Saturday night. All in all another great trip to Carlisle and I can hardly wait for next year...................it's never a true party until there's a pair of nipples out and,yes there was a party on Saturday night!!!!!!!!!!{inside joke}

My brother and I spent a few hours bumming around the junk piles today...chatted with a great guy with a pristine '70 Swinger. Saw a handful of great rides, but most people were clearing out early. Maybe it was our going on the last day, but the vendors seemed lackluster this year. Anybody else feel that way?

When I get around to uploading, I'll post the Swingers and other A's.

Got there Thursday about 30 min before the rain. After dropping off the Satellite ragtop in the car corral the wiper linkage let go in the 67 Belv. Went to check in the hotel and came back after the rain, went to CVM/ Mopar Rebellion cruise in. Had a great time checking out the cars and had a chance to fix the wipers on my car. Fri. sucked as 2" of rain fell and soaked the inside of the car on the showfield, yes the windows were up!. Sat. was a great day and made up for the weather the previous day. The deal in the car corral was the " Hulk" altered wheelbase Max Wedge motored 64. Car sold for under 27K. You couldn't build that car for less than 60K. The graphics were a bit much but nothing a good painter couldnt fix. Here are some pics....Last pic is our "fleet"we took up , 150 miles each way w/ no issues other then the popped off wiper linkage clip.

Attachments

• DSCN2575 (Medium) (Medium).JPG
    118.6 KB · Views: 414
  • DSCN2425 (Medium).JPG
    141.2 KB · Views: 397
  • DSCN2392 (Medium).JPG
    92.5 KB · Views: 405
  • DSCN2393 (Medium).JPG
    102.4 KB · Views: 427
  • DSCN2416 (Medium).JPG
    151.7 KB · Views: 410
  • DSCN2635 (Medium).JPG
    93.4 KB · Views: 405
  • DSCN2363 (Medium).JPG
    95 KB · Views: 416
Had a friend from Down under there he took these pics

352oxfs.jpg

a few photos
2eao37o.jpg

245n429.jpg

30wla50.jpg

2qch26p.jpg

2lacytw.jpg

24qpz76.jpg

24fd6e1.jpg

rvcdc2.jpg

[size=60pt]AND THESE[/size]

208hcar.jpg

My brother and I spent a few hours bumming around the junk piles today...chatted with a great guy with a pristine '70 Swinger. Saw a handful of great rides, but most people were clearing out early. Maybe it was our going on the last day, but the vendors seemed lackluster this year. Anybody else feel that way?

When I get around to uploading, I'll post the Swingers and other A's.
From what I saw over the past few years there were a lot more vendors still at it on Sunday, at least till noon. The past 2 years most of the vendors, big and small were gone Sun. morn. I think a lot of them stuck it out to try to make up for the rainy Friday. During the events heydays the vendors were still set up till the giveaway at 3PM and some continued until closing and left on Monday!

Oh forgot I took a few pictures.

IMG_1518.jpg

IMG_1519.jpg

IMG_1520.jpg

IMG_1521.jpg

IMG_1522.jpg

These 2 next are my favorite ones. they came out so good. Saw someone selling one of those tacks for 400 bucks! Might paint mine like that just for fun.

IMG_1523.jpg

IMG_1524.jpg

IMG_1525.jpg

IMG_1526.jpg

Car fire on the way home

IMG_1527.jpg

IMG_1528.jpg

IMG_1529.jpg

IMG_1530.jpg

Man, it was hot. Like pavement melting hot.

Got a few things to finish my Dart - an 8.75 housing, shock plates, a set of Hooker headers and a few small miscellaneous items like a washer nozzle and heater box clips. Bought a bunch o' new T-shirts and a crap load of cheap tools for work.

Never made it to the show field. Seen one purple Challenger you've seen 'em all.

Listened to the Ramchargers and Herb McCandless for a bit. Though I do not know them, I did manage to chat with Bucky and Travis Hess, Bill Stiles and that guy Sal from Muscle Car TV.

Went down to York on Saturday evening for the U.S. 30 Dragway reunion - spectacular as always.

Almost fell asleep driving home. Didn't get back to Suffolk County until after midnight.

I had a good time as always. I didn't see anybody from FABO, I stayed at my vendor spot pretty much the whole weekend. Arrived on Wednesday and left around 3:00 on Sunday. Alot of the vendors did stay later into the day on Sunday. Friday was a complete washout, rain for 6 hours thru the day, and Saturday was smeltering hot. I did meet one FABO member that I purchased leaf springs from and bought a few things from Fine lines. I took my new 68 convertible cuda over on Saturday. Put a price on it, did not sell, but I really didn't want to sell it. Enjoyed driving that around.

Hello All; Yea the weather wasn't very good on Friday as we hit rain on the way down from home Friday afternoon. My buddy & I woke up to blue sunny skies on Saturday morning, wiped the cars down & headed to the show. It was my first time staying at the Hampton in Carlisle & probably
my last. It was very nice, but $433.00 with tax for 2 nights it wasn't that nice-LOL.

Since the 69 Swinger I'm building still isn't ready, I took the 68 Sport Satellite drop top & let my buddy use my 64 Belvedere wagon. The wagon
with it's old "Y" block went 220 miles on a little less then a 11 gallons of gas. I towed the convertible so that used zero - LOL.

We lucked out, as both classes were in the Red Field & we were able to
park across from one another. Since I had a tent & he didn't, you can guess where he stayed when it hit 96 degrees on Saturday & 97 Sunday.

I found a new source for conditioned grilles & trim pieces. The guy is Matt Bollaert of MCB Medal Restorations. I've been looking for someone to recondition the grille on my Dart & Matt had one stashed away in his trailer already done. He wanted 600 big ones, but I was able to get the grille & a
set of OE reconditioned 68-69 chrome exhaust tips for my Sport Satellite for $500.00 & no tax. I have the headlight bezels from Vintage, bumpers from Quailty Chrome in North Texas, so all I need now is a pair of NOS parking light/directional lens & the front of the Dart is all set.

I was making my last run of the swap meet late Sunday looking for hot last minute deals & ran into, literally ran into - LOL - Dan Woods from "Chop - Cut - Rebuild" After all most knocking him head over heals, I asked to shake his hand & have his helper take a picture with my cell phone. He was
extremely pleasant & obviously love the attention as much as I did. He also gave me a signed CCR license plate.

All in all it was a good show & if there was one new Challenger there, there was a 100. Interesting thing, it seem's I'd say, 50% of the new Challenger owners were around my age 50 & older. As much as I do like them, I think I'll stick to the old Mopar iron.

Attachments

• DanWoodsChopCutRebuild.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 280
  • AllChryslerNationals2011 005.JPG
    143.2 KB · Views: 254
  • AllChryslerNationals2011 004.JPG
    137.2 KB · Views: 269
  • AllChryslerNationals2011 003.JPG
    132.8 KB · Views: 256
  • AllChryslerNationals2011 002.JPG
    129.5 KB · Views: 297
  • AllChryslerNationals2011 001.JPG
    146.2 KB · Views: 267
Hello All; Yea the weather wasn't very good on Friday as we hit rain on the way down from home Friday afternoon. My buddy & I woke up to blue sunny skies on Saturday morning, wiped the cars down & headed to the show. It was my first time staying at the Hampton in Carlisle & probably
my last. It was very nice, but $433.00 with tax for 2 nights it wasn't that nice-LOL.

When the Carlisle hotels advertise "Special Car Show" rates it usually means "bend over and spread em." I learned years ago to drive outside of town to stay overnight. This year I went on Hotels.com in early May and booked a nice king suite,separate bedroom, for 3 adults at the Country Inn and Suites in Mechanicburg for $80 /night including tax for 3 nights.Very nice place with hot breakfast included.I called the hotel directly after checking on the Hotels.com site and they quoted $175/night.After I told them about the Hotels.com price they told me they were booked. I clicked my reservation on Hotels.com, then called them back 10 min. later and guess what? Reservation confirmed. The area hotels should be grateful to the car crowd and not try to break it off in us.

we were there on saturday. weather was hot.. lotsa nice nice cars on the showfield. Saw some deals on some cars.. looking for a ragtop abody. or basically any ragtop. nothing suited me or the mrs. oh well. we will keep looking. But. got a flat on the interstate. front skinny passenger side blew out at about 80 mph. it was great.. only one person stopped to make sure we were ok. all is good. a rollback and 60 miles later we were home safe and sound.

Was there Thursday, Friday and Saturday trying to sell my Signet. Didn't get much time to walk around but did sell the car.
DSCF2375.jpg

6 of us went down Thursday.Got to the Hotel around 9:30P.M.Ya we got a little lost! lol. Got soaked Friday around noon when it started to pour! Saturday was hot and I got some good deals.Picked up a new set of 30 over pistons for my 340 build $100.00 Got a few other goodies as well as the guys I went down with.Drank alot of beer and had a BBQ out behind our Hotel as we did last year.Doing it again next year.I had written down some members vending spots but lost the piece of paper! Here are a couple of shots.My Cousin is shaking Rob Wolf's hand I'm standing beside the Van and my buddy is closest.My Cousin had this bright idea to buy some Dog Dish hub caps to make rain hats!! lol..

Attachments

• Cousins.JPG
    99.9 KB · Views: 158
  • MCG Van.JPG
    102.2 KB · Views: 131
-
Back