Well the Scamp is under the knife

-

johnparts

Slammed 1
Reaction score
The last few weeks have been a handful what with a new baby at home and the winter wearing a hole in my ability to not touch my car. We decided it was time to get rolling on the body work and what a better time then while the engine is out. Pulled the fenders and striped everything off the fenderwells and firewall. Bare metal is a good starting point and we then began filling all the spot welds and bolt holes with the welder and some filler and we will be laying down a nice coating of Deep Water Blue pearl off of an 09 Challenger in the next week or two (depending on how insane we get with the inner fenders). The car has gone from a nice cruiser to a nice cruiser pretending to be a show car. I will post pictures soon I don't have internet at home right now and am posting this from work. Drivetrain update I had a 318 that turned out to be JUNK so I bought a 1974 dart with a full drivetrain that I'm picking up soon and it runs and drives (body is shot though)

pics for all to enjoy. We decided to smooth out the fenderwells since I will be hiding all of the wiring and will be relocating the battery to the trunk.

IMG_0197.jpg

IMG_0198.jpg

IMG_0199.jpg

Not bad John,

What rear are u planning on using? Also what wheel tire combo?

I've got an 8 inch ford in there now that will get swapped as soon as I find an 8 3/4 and some money to buy it. The wheels will stay I've grown really fond of the Coy's but the centers might get painted body color.

Just wait till you see what we are gonna do to the firewall this weekend. I'm gonna relocate the heater box and run the hoses for the heater core inside the fenders so you cant see the hoses and we are gonna flush out that whole area. the only stuff I'm not gonna mess with is the area around the brake booster and steering column.

Cool ur gonna love that look.. I did mine like that two yrs ago.

Just wait till you see what we are gonna do to the firewall this weekend. I'm gonna relocate the heater box and run the hoses for the heater core inside the fenders so you cant see the hoses and we are gonna flush out that whole area. the only stuff I'm not gonna mess with is the area around the brake booster and steering column.

Please post pics as you progress through this. Sounds very interesting! Are you also going to relocate/eliminate the windshield wiper motor?

-
Back