Went junk yarding yesterday...

-

vntned

Reaction score
Went picking at a yard here in NC yesterday. Went with my brother in law, who was after the parts needed to convert his '80s Kcar station wagon to a 5spd, (don't ask). I took my son as I thought it would be a good chance for some exploring and maybe we would find some bits for his '70 duster project.

The yard has been around for at least 50yrs, so most of the old stuff has been picked fairly clean. And the rest is rotting away.

While the Abody stuff has been mostly cleaned out, we did score two decent headrests, a pair of good sun visors in the right ivy green, some matching AC/PS pulleys and brackets, battery tray and bracket, and believe it or not, a beautiful radio delete plate out of a '71 Duster!

Also while there, we found one of me and my son's dream cars, a legit '68 Charger!!!

I got my son to pose for a picture with it...

PXL_20210116_150701145.jpg

Went picking at a yard here in NC yesterday. Went with my brother in law, who was after the parts needed to convert his '80s Kcar station wagon to a 5spd, (don't ask). I took my son as I thought it would be a good chance for some exploring and maybe we would find some bits for his '70 duster project.

The yard has been around for at least 50yrs, so most of the old stuff has been picked fairly clean. And the rest is rotting away.

While the Abody stuff has been mostly cleaned out, we did score two decent headrests, a pair of good sun visors in the right ivy green, some matching AC/PS pulleys and brackets, battery tray and bracket, and believe it or not, a beautiful radio delete plate out of a '71 Duster!

Also while there, we found one of me and my son's dream cars, a legit '68 Charger!!!

I got my son to pose for a picture with it...

View attachment 1715671773
YES you can save it!!

Looks like a great family outing for car nuts! Gotta love it! 65'

Nowadays that charger is saleable. I love junkyard jaunts. A friend of mine has an ex U.S. air force turbo Aires K wagon. He added a 5 speed and 4 wheel discs out of a Daytona Shelby. Really a fun car to drive.

That Charger has got to be worth at least 50 grand as is:rofl:

Last edited:
CA junkyards suck ***. Everything gets churned in about 2 months.....At least the Corporate ones, ie. LKQ "pick your part" branches. land is too expensive here to have fields of old hulks. :-(

-
Back