Went to check on Dart at interior shop

-

zhandfull

Reaction score
Went to check on the 68 Dart 270 at the interior shop. Little disappointed its not done but I guess the head liner has not arrived yet. I wanted original material so I guess its taken a bit longer than expected.

On the plus side the floors look real good in the car and they had the seats done.

They also had some Roush Ford powerd car that looked different. The shop said it was made by Ford and highly collectable. Kind of looked like a high end kit car to me. Think they said it was maybe a 92 model year.

Attachments

• 68 Dart 011.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 526
  • 68 Dart 012.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 514
  • 68 Dart 010.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 516
  • 68 Dart 009.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 523
  • 68 Dart 008.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 508
dont get down man, mopar wasint built in a day I was the same way checking on my car at paint hahahha he got sick of me by the end of the job but hey what ever be patient that ford car looks like it was there crack at a PROWLER

Reason they didn't have YOUR car done is the OTHER customer was payin' em more MONEY!!!

That is called a Panoz, my boss has one and it drives like a rollerskate! Man I wish the floors in my Darts looked that good!

dont get down man, mopar wasint built in a day I was the same way checking on my car at paint hahahha he got sick of me by the end of the job but hey what ever be patient that ford car looks like it was there crack at a PROWLER

I'm really in no hurry for it to be done. At least thats what I keep saying. However I do think of different reason to stop in and check on the progress.

Reason they didn't have YOUR car done is the OTHER customer was payin' em more MONEY!!!

That may be true! LOL...

That is called a Panoz, my boss has one and it drives like a rollerskate! Man I wish the floors in my Darts looked that good!

Thanks
I was hoping somebody might know the name. I thought it looked a lot like a Prowler too. With the Roush motor I bet it really moves and no doubt its a blast to drive.

I'm really in no hurry for it to be done. At least thats what I keep saying.

I hope you didn't say "I'm really in no hurry" to anyone at the upholstery shop...if you did they will take forever! It's just something about that profession. Sorry if this generalization offends anyone.

One of my old neighbor is a designer for Panoz or was. He has 3 of them. One of them is completely chrome. They are pretty sick!! The chrome one caught fire a couple of years ago and he got it back on the road this year, it melted the wiring harness pretty bad

Picked the 270 up today from the interior shop still needs some odds and ends. I think the 1968 Dart 270 has one of the nicest two tone design seats covers.

Before and after pictures

Attachments

• 68 Dart 015.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 257
  • 68 Dart 017.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 280
  • 68 Dart 013.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 302
  • 68 Dart 014.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 294

but it was sold to FIAT in a day :)

BTW, the seats look awesome

Looks very nice. The bench seat from my W100 is also at the upholstery shop getting covered in two tone blue. I hope that it turns out as nice.

Hey Z..you mind me asking what interior shop you used? im in Corona and will be looking for a shop to do my seats and headliner as well. Looks like they did a great job on yours. Thanks.

It was Rauls Auto Trim in Ontario, Ca.
Everybody says they are a little on the high side, but I have had good results there in the past too.

-
Back