We're Back! Mopars In May At CSDR (SoCal), May 19, 2013

-
I forgot to get some stuff at the fling! Will there be any vendors here, or mostly just the individual swappers?

I wish!! The closest I'm getting my shop to Riverside is by way of three Gift Certificates, two for $50 and one for $100. I lived in San Bernardino for 16 years and try to get involved in this one every year; I probably know a bunch of people who go to the show and wonder sometimes if they even know it's me. :-D

Leanna - Thanks for all your Facebook blasting! Our pre-registration count finished with the largest number of them in quite awhile. Anxious to see what day-of-show registration is like tomorrow.
I've been getting calls all week and all day today while we were going through the final prep work for tomorrows show.

Steve - Thanks for you plug in bringing this thread back for the weekend. I hope to see some CPW members out to the show as well.

Pics will be posted after the show.

Thanks again, all!!!

Sneak a couple/few picture to use when you can :Dn Enjoy :cheers:

I'll be there in the morning getting a cup of joe before walking the swap. Looking forward to it. I'm very curious how big or small this show is. I can't expect the fling, but I'm also hoping for something bigger than the local park shows...hard to find goodies in a swap meet when there are only two vendors :p

I'll be there in the morning getting a cup of joe before walking the swap. Looking forward to it. I'm very curious how big or small this show is. I can't expect the fling, but I'm also hoping for something bigger than the local park shows...hard to find goodies in a swap meet when there are only two vendors :p

They ran that show for about 3-5 years continously at that location. And the last year before they moved, the swap had grown to 20-30 vendors. Almost the size the Vegas show swap (not midway though). They had to move the swap to the back area in the corner for the extra room.

Consistancy in a location is a big deal to growing the swap and the show cars too. But IMHO, the swap takes a bigger hit on a location change.

Very nice show, guys. Thanks for putting it on. I'm procrastinating some schoolwork that I need to finish up and thought what better time than now to say thanks! I've got a TON of extra stickers now for the new tool box ;) Won a couple shirts, some screwdrivers, the big light up picture and an ice chest...I guess we did well on the raffle :p. Met Phil (green 70 dart) and Jesse w/the big block barracuda. Cool guys, and if you're on here, thanks for helping me decide which shifter to go with!

Bought a bunch of stuff in the swap meet.

I thought the 12 new bumper bolts, 75 fuses, 2 NOS starter relays, NOS leaf spring liners, new wiper seals with zerks, 6 excellent chrome door lock knobs, and big corbin hose clamp set all for $30 was a great deal !

Got this really cool old Chrysler Parts box of 100 fuses (only 75 left though).

Attachments

• IMG_0622d.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 206
  • IMG_0631.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 184
  • IMG_0628.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 201
  • IMG_0629.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 198
hahah that sounds like a good deal to me :) I guess I know where to go when I need a fuse :p

A-bodies

Attachments

• IMG_0541.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 169
  • IMG_0514.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 193
  • IMG_0512.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 190
  • IMG_0515.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 209
  • IMG_0513.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 209
Sorry I missed meeting you yesterday Marc, and sorry I missed you during the day Steve. Thanks for posting a few pics of the A-bodies. You got a pic of me and a couple other Inland Mopar club members doing our car judging duties.

MADMarc -
Glad you enjoyed "Mopars In May At CSDR". We had over 200 items in the Opportunity Drawing (Raffle) - sounds like you did well! Congrats!

autoxcuda -
Thanks for coming out. You found some good scores in our swapper area.

Thanks to all FABO members who may have attended the show yesterday. We had a good turnout of cars considering our last previous show at CSDR was 2009. We've had nothing but positive comments about returning the show to CSDR since we first announced it last year. We've tentatively set our 2014 "Mopars In May At CSDR" show date for May 18, 2014, so keep the date open on your calendars!
Got a lot of nice comments from the 3rd Annual Cross-Country SRT Road Tour yesterday as well. They thought the show turnout was great, the venue was outstanding and, of course, they loved our SoCal weather. The SRT vehicles they brought out were outstanding.
I was too busy yesterday to even get my camera out but one of our club members was our "official" photographer yesterday and got pics of just about every car as it arrived at the show and more. I'll get those pics posted as soon as I get them from him.
Again, thanks to all who attended. Next years show will be bigger and better!

The SRT display

Attachments

• Copy of IMG_0552.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 195
  • Copy of IMG_0567.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 192
I made it out before noon. Ken was busy judging so I didn't bother him. I did pick up a few things at the swap for really good prices. The cars were great although the c-bodies looked a little folorn sitting out by themselves (two New Yorkers) and the B-bodies were almost hidden back where they were stationed. The bacon wrapped jumbo hot dog smothered with grilled onions and mustard spoke to me all day. I will definitely attend next year. Great job Ken and to all of the Inland Mopars and the CSDR volunteers.

it was a great show, it was my first time as well. i will be going in the future for sure.
big THANX to INLAND MOPARS.

I made it out before noon. Ken was busy judging so I didn't bother him. I did pick up a few things at the swap for really good prices. The cars were great although the c-bodies looked a little folorn sitting out by themselves (two New Yorkers) and the B-bodies were almost hidden back where they were stationed. The bacon wrapped jumbo hot dog smothered with grilled onions and mustard spoke to me all day. I will definitely attend next year. Great job Ken and to all of the Inland Mopars and the CSDR volunteers.

What did you buy?

This 73 340 Duster was an awesome survivor. The owners father worker for Chrysler in Detroit and this car was for his mom. The son Z-Barted the car him self at the dealership he worked at. So that is the black stuff you see along the top of the inner fenders. But since it was his mom's car he was extra carefull when Z-Barrting it.

The family moved to So Cal when the car was only 1 year old. His mom did not like all the So Cal traffic and rarely drove the car. It has like 25K miles on it!

Attachments

• MoparsInMay13Sm065.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 194
  • MoparsInMay13Sm064.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 165
  • MoparsInMay13Sm055.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 198
  • MoparsInMay13Sm042.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 181
  • MoparsInMay13Sm040.JPG
    123.9 KB · Views: 171
  • MoparsInMay13Sm038.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 189
  • MoparsInMay13Sm037.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 196
  • MoparsInMay13Sm041.JPG
    98.4 KB · Views: 202
Great job...to all of the Inland Mopars and the CSDR volunteers.

Thanks, DFX 340 Duster. Major thanks go to the great members of Inland Mopars Car Club. We're a small club, but we've got some great core members who work their tails off to put on this car show for the benefit of CSDR students.
All of the labor before, during and after the show is put in by Inland Mopars club members.
We're always looking for new club members who like what we do. Our current membership covers from Apple Valley through the San Bernardino mountains to Lake Elsinore and west to Orange County and Diamond Bar. Our club meetings are in Rancho Cucamonga since that is the geographic center of where the bulk of our membership lives. If you're in the SoCal area and have interest in joining a great all-Mopar club, send me a PM and I'll forward more information on Inland Mopars to you.
We'll have more show pics posted to this thread soon.

Just a few pics. Had a great time! Some beautiful cars were there.

Attachments

• image-3107826366.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 163
  • image-3752739503.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 151
  • image-2406841293.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 163
  • image-714271331.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 146
  • image-1904965720.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 143
  • image-1808582636.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 135
Hmmmmmm, maybe I'm going out on a limb here in saying this, but I seriously doubt if that guy with the '34 in the last picture had much fun.

Great pics guys, but I was honestly expecting a LOT more.

Hmmmmmm, maybe I'm going out on a limb here in saying this, but I seriously doubt if that guy with the '34 in the last picture had much fun.

Hey Leanna! Actually that guy was having a lot of fun - he has propane (or something) plumbed into his zoomies so he can put on a flame show. This car is BBC-powered and was entered in our "special interest" class. He also brought an absolutely gorgeous '47 (I think) Mopar that is very well done, all-Mopar, and took home the "Best of Show" award.
More pics on their way! I just received a cd full of pics yesterday from one of our club members. Have patience - the show was just last weekend! LOL

Thanks for the update Ken [whewwwwww!] ... I'm glad to find out it was on purpose.

I can't wait for the rest of the pictures! Remember, I'm a woman. We have no patience. :-D

It was a pretty decent turn out, with this being a show that hasn't occurred the last couple years. It can only get better from here on out.

-
Back