What’s the best new high hp motor that will fit in a 72 Scamp?

-
"Best" is subjective at, well.....best.

What do you plan to do with it?

Honestly if I were looking for something it would be money, not horsepower. Once monies found then I'd buy horsepower and a car capable of using it.
Street/strip, have fun.

Man I would not want to try and stuff a 4 cam Ford Modular motor between the shock towers of any Mopar they are bigger than Hemis
I could not even get a 4 cam or a 3 valve into a 93 Crown Vic ( they did put it in later Mercury Marauder but later chassis) (someone did do it in early chassis but a lot of work
I just ended upgrading to the "PI" heads and similar
is an awesome engine

Agree with Rusty on the LS
I just converted a motorhome from a 454 carb motor to a LS no comparison

hard to compete with 50 year old Iron
turbo or NA
There have to gen 3 installs, do a search
they are getting common at Junk yards

They are everywhere. And everything is available for them. Plus, they are a very stout design and can make a LOT of power without exotic things like stud girdles and the like. I'm still no fan, simply, because they are everywhere almost like a bad disease. But it is what it is. Their huge power for a little money cannot be denied.

Not sure what all the options are. Looking for 450 to 500 hp. Thanks
Viper V10 makes that much stock. Getting it to fit is another story.

What are you looking to do with the car? That should help you decide which way to go for an engine choice.:popcorn:

Sad but true !
Chysler Fiat stuff is so dam high $ wise , its about only for the rich and famous . Dam sure lets me out .

What's so sad is, Chrysler had something to compete with and BEAT Chevy up to the advent of the LS. It seems like after that, Chrysler has really "given up" trying to give hot rodders an affordable alternative to Chevy crappola.

They seem to focus on the horsepower race... who's got the biggest.. err... engine.
Is it affordable? NOT.

Factor engine weight into your thoughts
572 blown hemi- Luv You Krooser
are you willing to completely replace the front suspension?
Interested in what you come up wiht

-
Back