What about the stop-smoking challenge ?

-

RPM

Superior Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering for those of you that were trying to give up the smoking inthe support thread. How many of you are still smoke free from that ? As a non-smoker myself I found the thread really cool and a good support. Things like that intrigue me. So if you were the one of the ones on that wagon... how ya doing ?? Even if ya didnt make it this time chime in and let us know....

-RPM

I was just wondering for those of you that were trying to give up the smoking inthe support thread. How many of you are still smoke free from that ? As a non-smoker myself I found the thread really cool and a good support. Things like that intrigue me. So if you were the one of the ones on that wagon... how ya doing ?? Even if ya didnt make it this time chime in and let us know....

-RPM

You first RPM, did you smoke at some time.

Terry

Fair enough Terry. The answer is no. I somehow managed to dodge that bullet. Burntorange - Congrats. I have helped 3 people quit smoking and they were loong time smokers. Thats why the interest.

-RPM

I smoked for 19 years but didn't quit in the thread. I quit about 6 years ago.
Never felt better.............. Really. 8)

I too, would like to know how everyone is doing.

Congrats Burntorange!!!

Thanks guys. I fell great and have lots of energy again and even some extra money in my pocket.

What thread???? It's my turn again to try to stop with prices going up. I want the extra money, I want the support!

You can do it Ramenth, and when you quit all food will taste better so be careful. When I quit smoking 10 years ago I gained 15lbs.

I quite about 3 years ago. I got lucky and got so sick I couldnt move for 2 weeks let alone smoke. Figured why start up again.

Its still tough to not go back all though the $4.00 jump in price since I quit helps.

I quit for 3 months once, about a year ago. I then realized I was married and started back. Its either smoke or drink, and smoking works for me.

I was doing pretty good without the smokes...went from April 1st til about July. Not puffin em like I used to, a few a day, somedays none at all. Keep telling myself I need to just let go but when I have a chance I'll bum one.

I was on a roll but gave in :bootysha::bootysha::bootysha:
It's weird you bring this up RPM :happy10: My wife don't smoke at work and would come home and smoke like a freight train :-D:-D.
Know she has be with out a smoke for 5 day's now.
I have a few smokes a day now:cheers: and it's dun outside 8).
I am back on the quite smoking venture for a better and longer life
I had one about 5:30 pm and have not had another and don't plan to till the early morning to be honest :happy10:
It's so much easier when you have a partner
She has showed me she is in it for the long run so I will fallow :cheers:
Thank you for bringing this back up RPM :cheers:

After 25 years and almost 2 packs a day with failure on every thing attempted my last smoke was July. Dont get me wrong I still crave from time to time and I have spoke with people that quit 20 years ago. They tell me it does not get better just a little easier.

It all starts with the real will of wanting to quit. I stopped many times only to start again. One day a buddy of mine said he had used the patch and had stopped for 3 months. He had 2 patches left and gave them to me, I used them and bought a pack of 7 and the weekend was here. I put one in my wallet to see if I could get through the weekend without using it. Carried it in my wallet for months without using it and that was about 15 years ago. Glad I was finally able to quit.

i stoped in march have not touched 1 at all i dont miss it

-
Back