What am i missing??..

-
It is an art to be able to negotiate the price on anything successfully as in not pissing off the seller. And the seller has to have the right personality and mental state to be able accept the negotiation!!!! :BangHead: :rofl::popcorn:

Have you heard the expression-

You can lead a horse to water.....

???

Basically it's buyer beware, or at least better do due diligence.

If you are not a buyer, you needn't beware.

Other wise- capitalism.

There was this duster on Portland craigslist a while ago and I was trying to figure out how the owner came up with the 15k asking price:realcrazy::lol:

The question is did you sell your car lol, and the other one is are you going to mopar nats and if so are you going to drop by and say hi.
I'm trying to reschedule my customer this Sunday or at least put him off till one or so... I thought it was the nineteenth but it looks like it's the ninth.. It was always late in july and now it's seeming to move up...
I didn't sell my car but the engine and transmission is out of it....
Of course I'll come say hello.. I'll be in my white power wagon..

I'm trying to reschedule my customer this Sunday or at least put him off till one or so... I thought it was the nineteenth but it looks like it's the ninth.. It was always late in july and now it's seeming to move up...
I didn't sell my car but the engine and transmission is out of it....
Of course I'll come say hello.. I'll be in my white power wagon..
I guess they had a bigger event the usual weekend so it got bumped, I will be there but won't be able to race the car as there is no engine currently in it lol, more on that later but it's the story of my life!.

I guess they had a bigger event the usual weekend so it got bumped, I will be there but won't be able to race the car as there is no engine currently in it lol, more on that later but it's the story of my life!.
Ok I got my customer to let my start late (noon to 1) so I'll be there in the morning...
Probably park by my friends trailer, he's trying to break into the 8's with his duster...
The big question is will @nwdart and his brother make the long trip down again this year?????...

I'll see you guys down there, I'm going to put the wagon in the car show and cruise the swap meet for sure. :thumbsup:

Ok I got my customer to let my start late (noon to 1) so I'll be there in the morning...
Probably park by my friends trailer, he's trying to break into the 8's with his duster...
The big question is will @nwdart and his brother make the long trip down again this year?????...
My buddy talked with him and he is going to be racing the dart.

I'll see you guys down there, I'm going to put the wagon in the car show and cruise the swap meet for sure. :thumbsup:
They might charge you $75 to put that in the car show. It's going to take up 3 car spaces.. lol...

They might charge you $75 to put that in the car show. It's going to take up 3 car spaces.. lol...
Haha. Surprisingly, it's only a little over 17' long. But it sure looks bigger.

what goes around comes around and you won't do well in the hobby taking advantage of people. My prices are very reasonable and usually guys can't get out of my driveway fast enough or get the smile off their face. But i buy lots of stuff and when in need i've been given "smokin" deals from the same guys i've sold to in the past.
There are guys i wouldn't sell a claw hammer to if i was broke!

what goes around comes around and you won't do well in the hobby taking advantage of people. My prices are very reasonable and usually guys can't get out of my driveway fast enough or get the smile off their face. But i buy lots of stuff and when in need i've been given "smokin" deals from the same guys i've sold to in the past.
There are guys i wouldn't sell a claw hammer to if i was broke!
A $400 factory starter..

Sometimes the wife says "sell it, all of it..." and the hubby says OK and prices not to sell maybe? see it with Harley Davidson all the time...:) but the seller sets the price if its worth it to you youll bite. That's how I roll..I don't haggle much unless it says "make offer" I know how much a repop is vs an origianal Mopar part and I then decide which I want, sometimes it's good to have an original good condition part with the Mopar part number on it it just depends on what it is...

Last edited:
For the person restoring a rare 1970 model and wants that date code or one close to it, the price is not out of line. It's just most of us aren't that concerned about the date code on a part that is difficult to see. To each their own, I wouldn't criticize the price. With that said, I've been in this hobby for more than 45 years and I am still shocked at what some people will pay for some parts. For example I have three 273 four barrel valve cover fins that are in pretty decent shape. I had them at a swap meet last month asking $50/each. I was talking to Leanna last week about something else and these came up. She assured that I was asking a bargain for them and they should be at least $100/each. The people who deal in this sort of thing daily know what the market is. This may not be the best place to offer that starter for sale at a premium price. The B and E body folks are more likely to pay that.

For the person restoring a rare 1970 model and wants that date code or one close to it, the price is not out of line. It's just most of us aren't that concerned about the date code on a part that is difficult to see. To each their own, I wouldn't criticize the price. With that said, I've been in this hobby for more than 45 years and I am still shocked at what some people will pay for some parts. For example I have three 273 four barrel valve cover fins that are in pretty decent shape. I had them at a swap meet last month asking $50/each. I was talking to Leanna last week about something else and these came up. She assured that I was asking a bargain for them and they should be at least $100/each. The people who deal in this sort of thing daily know what the market is. This may not be the best place to offer that starter for sale at a premium price. The B and E body folks are more likely to pay that.
Right! It all depends on the vehicle and how bad someone wants or needs it. For most of us, all we want or need is something to spin the engine well enough to fire it off. I couldn't care less about a date code. lol

Right! It all depends on the vehicle and how bad someone wants or needs it. For most of us, all we want or need is something to spin the engine well enough to fire it off. I couldn't care less about a date code. lol
Same here and I've got a car that it could matter on, but I also want to drive it and not to worry about the minutia. As long as the big things are "correct" that's all that matters to me. But, I also understand those folks that want all those things. They are the reason we have so many repop parts these days...

How many of those valve covers did you sell at that swap meet last month?...

The man already explained how he came up with his asking price, seems innocent enough. Why do we always feel the need to drag people into the open, string 'em up and burn them alive?

The man already explained how he came up with his asking price, seems innocent enough. Why do we always feel the need to drag people into the open, string 'em up and burn them alive?
If you pay $400 for a factory starter you've been sniffing glue....lol..

If you pay $400 for a factory starter you've been sniffing glue....lol..
What are you missing? The seller has a starter for sale. He can ask what ever he chooses for it. If you don't agree with the price just scroll on by. Why not send him a PM and discuss the price. Don't be a troll

What are you missing? The seller has a starter for sale. He can ask what ever he chooses for it. If you don't agree with the price just scroll on by. Why not send him a PM and discuss the price. Don't be a troll
LoL.. he's being victimized...
The poor soul...
How will he ever get past my trolling and get his $400....
If glue.sniffer wouldn't have cried victim I wouldn't have said anything... and same with you...
You have the power to erase the thread...

-
Back