What are these cars worth?

-

asylum-

Reaction score
Hey guys. I've got some old mopars that ive had for quite some time that i recieved in a trade.. I never got around to using them, so they've deteriorated even more since being in my possession. I'd like to get rid of them, but i figured before i go about's scrapping them i figured someone could use some kind of parts off them. Or i hope so atleast.. But im not interested in parting them out. So before i put them on craigslist here locally, i wanted to know what they're worth. Thanks

First one is a 1970 Cuda

It has no title

Second is a 1974 Cuda

No title as well

Third is a 1974 Challanger

It DOES have a title

Final and worst condition is a 1971 Cuda with a title

Thanks guys

Wow, I think its safe to say the gold car is unrestorable

unless your gonna scrap them, the only way I see to make out is to part them out, even at that, doesn't look like there is much good on any of them. A parts car isn't worth much if all the parts are crap.....

Glad your to far away as I would make you an offer on the whole thing,they are rough but still need to be stripped out.
The 71 with a title,you should check the rad support #s,cowl apron #s to the title and I am not nit picking but noticed in the pics that car has the later 3spd wiper motor(72-74)also the frt. bumper has the later 72-74 bumper cushion mounts.
That 70 looks to have been a Cuda and not a Barracuda,any #s on the radiator supprt or cowl apron?If you want to get pics of any of it I can tell you atleast whats there?
Doug

Part them you can get decent money but it's a lot of work E body people like myself are freaks every nut bolt ect is worth money

man those things are rotted

what a shame

I would part them out and send the rest to the scrapper

Part them you can get decent money but it's a lot of work E body people like myself are freaks every nut bolt ect is worth money

X2, every good part, nut, bolt, clip etc is easy to sell, but is alot of work. Sounds like you don't know much about these cars so you are better off selling them and let someone else part them. I would say $1500-$2000 for the bunch would be a good price, lots of parts there yet! Even if the 70 Barracuda grille is broken, you can sell it, people restore and piece them back together too, even e-body parts that need work are sellable.....most of the time repop stuff is china made garbage, many purists look for factory Mopar parts.

I'll PM you for your location.

If I'm close enough I'd be happy to help you asses values on a more personal and detailed level.

heck I may even be interested in one or more, if they're saveable and we can work things out.

Poor cars! I'd be wondering on the numbers on the 70 Cuda.

Some have those can be parted out but cars like the '71...straight to the car crusher.

This makes me sick and yet I also wonder; just how long have these cars sat? Hell that '74 has more holes than Swiss Cheese! There is rust on the roofs of those cars like I've never seen. These cars are 40-45 years old and all of the ones you find today are either already restored or are too far gone to restore. Decent and affordable project cars are GONE and this is why. Too many years out in the muck. I'm almost 21 and I hear all the time "get young people interested!" yet many of us are but just as many of us can't afford to buy one of these old E-bodies let alone restore them. It's a shame that past generations have let these cars go to hell for almost half a century.

They are worth some decent money if they are parted out. Pulling parts, cleaning them up, taking pictures, uploading the pictures, selling the parts, boxing up the parts and finally shipping the ones that sell is a lot of work and takes a ton of time.

Thanks everyone for the responses. It is a sad case to see the cars like this, but unfortunately its how we got them.

But i am glad i posted on here, hopefully someone will be able to salvage what they can to help other restoration projects.

I'll look for VIN numbers on the 70, and 71 Cuda's tomorrow.

They are worth some decent money if they are parted out. Pulling parts, cleaning them up, taking pictures, uploading the pictures, selling the parts, boxing up the parts and finally shipping the ones that sell is a lot of work and takes a ton of time.
Very true...been there done that...lots of work and time for less than min wage...lol...

At the top of the Main page,we have other Networks(sister sites).If you click on the E-Body forum,join up and post these pics in the Cars for Sale Forum,I,m sure there will be plenty guys on e-body site that will give you better than scrap prices for all.Good Luck.

Click this link http://www.forebodiesonly.com/

E Bodies Only ? You may find someone to buy the whole lot.

Just be careful if someone wants to buy just the serial numbers, paperwork, etc. off of them to transfer onto another car.
Sell the cars whole and the next owner can do what they please with them.
There's lots of parts left on them, i definitely wouldn't scrap them as is.

WOW, those things must have been parked at the marina!
I'm interested in some of the 'Cuda parts (if there's any left) if someone local is interested in picking them up!

Here in Nj scrap is bringing 11.65 @ 100 lbs , in 6 months they will be Toyotas

-
Back