What are these x brands worth?

-

amzchad

Reaction score
I found these in a friend of mines yard. I may be able to pick them up cheap.

So what are they worth

One is a 68 or 69 chevelle malibu (no engine interior is decent no major rust just surface rust)

The other i think is a 68 or 69 lemans (Bucket seats consle no rust) thats all i remember

downsized_0902091905[1].jpg

downsized_0902091905a[1].jpg

down.jpg

downsized.jpg

Oh man, I'd love that Poncho vert.

Your answer, lots-o-money.

The red vert, looks like a '68 Firebird, I can't make out the numerals on the hood, but worth some good $.

Just off the top of my head I would say the Chevelle without an engine is worth at least $3000.

The Firebird at least $10,000

The Firebirds a 67,has the vent window,and the chevelles a 69 judging by the grille and no vent window.

i knew the chevelle was about 3000 cause i did alittle research but the firebird thats crazy that would be my ticket to getting a challenger

first gen f bodys brand x are worth bank lol. that is one cheby i would consider a trade for from my mopar. would regret it lol but one georgeous body. i personaly like the hardtop but the vert is rare-er so grandpa or dad want that lol

$3k on the chevelle is fair,maybe a bit high. I think $10k is really high for that bird convert. In this market, I don't know anyone that would pay that. Last year we sole a 67 GTO convert, numbers matching 326 4spd A/C car in a little worse shape for $7k. I would say $5-$6k on the bird. Both are cool cars and I wish you luck on the purchase, but remember that right now is not the time to sell. Cars are going real low. My friends TX9 V code R/T SE Challenger that is done and runs and drives got bid up to $31k. This is for a nice car. We still have a yard full of cars that we can't sell, soon they will be worth more just to take to the scrap.

$3k on the chevelle is fair,maybe a bit high. I think $10k is really high for that bird convert. In this market, I don't know anyone that would pay that. Last year we sole a 67 GTO convert, numbers matching 326 4spd A/C car in a little worse shape for $7k. I would say $5-$6k on the bird. Both are cool cars and I wish you luck on the purchase, but remember that right now is not the time to sell. Cars are going real low. My friends TX9 V code R/T SE Challenger that is done and runs and drives got bid up to $31k. This is for a nice car. We still have a yard full of cars that we can't sell, soon they will be worth more just to take to the scrap.

67 GTO didn't come with a 326.

Any 60s Camaro or Firebird convertible is worth $10,000 in almost any condition.

I'll do some research on those cars & see what i can find, that bird has a nice body, if it has limited rot, i'm saying a fairly solid car, its worth bucks in a good economy, its definitly worth more then your Swinger, what does this guy want for it, would he trade straight up, if he knows his GMs, i'm sure he won't, maybe for the Chevelle, but not the bird, the economy is really dropped off in the classic car market, who knows, it may never come back, it is a buyers market right now, but if these cars never get back in the game, you'll be stuck with them, then what, Its a barters market, trade-trade-trade, thats what people are doing, so if that bird is as solid as it looks in the pics, & isn't loaded with mud, & you can trade "straight" up for the Swinger, "jump on it", i'll garuantee the bird is worth double what the Swinger is, if not alittle more, just a few years ago, those 67-68 firebird conv. would bring 40K easy restored.

There are Firebird Forums out there, google them & snoop around, go in the 4-sale sections & see what there bringing/asking for a car like that.

Hmm, You may want to look again, if my eyes still work ok,
thats not a Lemans. ;)

Pretty sure its a 1967 Firebird.

Check the rear shock attaching points, WAAAY up there, above the rear axle.

Check the gas tank strap mounts, also the front of the leaf springs,
where the brackets attach to the floor/body.

Always get VIN numbers, and run them, for info.

Ahh I recalled this link correct..... its not free but might be worth it. :)

http://www.phs-online.com/services.html

Not sure if 1967 Firebird had a firewall data plate, but
1967 Camaro's did and that plate had a ton of info on a car.

Example, my '67 Camaro i owned a few years ago.

Decode for body number: 053436

12C = Built the Third week of December,1966
67-12437 = Standard Interior Coupe.
NOR = Built in Norwood Ohio.
760 = Standard Black Bucket Seats.
Z = (A50) Strato Bucket Seats.
A-A = Car Color is Tuxedo Black
E = Interior paint is Black Please Note: Only 4.4% of 1967 Camaros were Tuxedo Black
Options:
1L = (A67) Fold-down rear seat
2L = (M20) 4-speed floor shifter
2G = (D55) Console front compartment
3L = (Z22) Rally Sport Package

I found these in a friend of mines yard. I may be able to pick them up cheap.

So what are they worth

One is a 68 or 69 chevelle malibu (no engine interior is decent no major rust just surface rust)

The other i think is a 68 or 69 lemans (Bucket seats consle no rust) thats all i remember

Just off the top of my head I would say the Chevelle without an engine is worth at least $3000.

The Firebird at least $10,000

i need to sell you some cars. To me both of those are worth half what you said. Now really would you honestly pay that amount for either of them? A friend of mine picked up a 69 bird vert mint for 14k so i cant see a project being worth 10k. Not trying to start a pissing match but high quotes like that and BJ is why a lot of project cars will sit and rot b4 anyone will buy them.

68forms, What was the small block in the GTO? I really don't know as I don't care for Pontiacs. All I did was advertise it. I'll see if I can find my pics of it later.

im not looking to trade my car for it i am looking to buy them and imediately sell them after alittle clean up

68forms, What was the small block in the GTO? I really don't know as I don't care for Pontiacs. All I did was advertise it. I'll see if I can find my pics of it later.

None. The 67 GTO did not come with a small block at all. If the 67 you sold had a #s matching 326 is was not a GTO.

i need to sell you some cars. To me both of those are worth half what you said. Now really would you honestly pay that amount for either of them? A friend of mine picked up a 69 bird vert mint for 14k so i cant see a project being worth 10k. Not trying to start a pissing match but high quotes like that and BJ is why a lot of project cars will sit and rot b4 anyone will buy them.

Both my quotes are reasonable for my area….

Going with your "worth 1/2" idea would put the Chevelle at $1,500 and the Firebird Vert at $5,000….. Around here that would get you a Chevelle with no drivetrain, front sheet metal or interior…..

A $5,000 Firebird Vert would have a 20 year old tree growing up out of the center.

What about a 66? It was a real GTO convert. I can assure you of that.

We just sold a 68 Chevelle project here. It was a real 138 vin ss 396 4spd for $800. No engine/trans and it needed lots of work. But it had the 138vin.

Here is a pic of the Goat,
100_2789.jpg

I am pretty sure it had a small block, but I don't know. I was advertising lots of cars at that time. Mostly Mopars though.

-
Back