What Are You Doing To/With Your Car Today?

-
Dynamatting began today...

imagejpg3_zps68fcbdb5.jpg

imagejpg2_zps82af7474.jpg

imagejpg1_zps0ef07925.jpg

nothing today just got back from my vacation but first thing tomorrow I am installing my tti 3 inch exhaust I cant wait!!! im wondering what its gonna sound like!

I just got off the phone with my buddy Memike (fabo member) so didn't get as much done as planned but a chat with a good friend is better than many things so thanks Mike! Work will begin on Monday or Tuesday lol :glasses7:

FABO ROCKS!

Piecing this 340 together. :)

Attachments

• 20140427_165310.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 717
Tomorrow I will be making a bracket to mount my pull type slave cylinder to the side of my 4 speed tranny. I have it mounted to the tranny crossmember but the rear of the tranny moves toward the passenger side when I push the clutch in.

When school's over in 2-3 weeks, I really want to start getting the Dart going again. I've had a Hotchkis TVS sitting in my garage awaiting installation. While I'm at it I've been debating about purchasing a bunch of parts from Dr Diff (13" front discs and spindles, bbp axles, new center section with sure grip, 11.7 rear discs, etc.) as well as getting new 18" wheels and tires for the car. Only time will tell however. I've got the cash. Only problem is I'm most likely going to be working full-time over the summer at my internship so time and energy may be down. If only I could find a replacement for my 273 that's dying.

Notta today but tomorrow will be moving the Dart back into the garage for the next 4 months to see how far I can get. 1st thing is to get it in epoxy primer.

I cleaned the garage and work bench yesterday in preparation for some engine bay work. The engine I'm having machine work done to will be here before I know it, and I want to have the engine bay painted and looking good.

I just got off the phone with my buddy Memike (fabo member) so didn't get as much done as planned but a chat with a good friend is better than many things so thanks Mike! Work will begin on Monday or Tuesday lol :glasses7:

FABO ROCKS!
I enjoyed our chat time :cheers: made for some good conversation and fun time for sure :thumleft:
Groovy times at the lake and I forgot to ask who that pretty young lady was playing toss at the moPar game with y'all :D

I loaded all my new to be installed upgrade parts in the trunk and drove Victoria to her Mecanic just over the hill but not before a good wash and shine and a good shake down run
wide open for about a mile :burnout: Today I will be enjoying some time with my 2 sons around a 50 model F-1 truck and keeping an eye on some tenderloins and brats :glasses7:

Going to get the 72 Fury out for the first time this spring, change oil,wash,etc.

Great to see all the replies and progress!
Got my new Doug's headers installed today and did a test fire, uncorked to let 'em warm up for the re-torque before I call it a day.
What a difference a GOOD set of headers makes!

[ame]http://youtu.be/KEFhD7V8MCU[/ame]

New brake light bulbs since one was burnt out and installed a new fuel filter/hoses.....nothing much. Ordered some 1" lowering blocks that came in this week, went to put those in, wronged size.....way too large and the pin was too large on them.

Replaced fuel tank sending unit in hopes that was why the fuel gauge is not working. Nope, that ain't it.

It's kind of embarrassing, but it only took 25 years to install my clutch cover. Just plain lazy I guess.

Got my newly rekeyed ignition switch put in, have Mopar logo keys now yeaaaa. Next weekend is a new brake light switch and head light dimmer switch.

Got my new Doug's headers installed today and did a test fire, uncorked to let 'em warm up for the re-torque before I call it a day.
What a difference a GOOD set of headers makes!

Excellent, I'll be on that train soon, did you have to raise the engine to install them?

well, this weekend I got the 440 all hooked up and running in my 69 Barracuda. Now I need to swap the power master cyl for manual so I have working brakes again and put exhaust on it and then I can go for a ride!

Finally got around to installing the piece of carpet that wraps around my console.

Before and After pics added.

Attachments

• carpet4.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 524
  • carpet3.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 512
  • carpet2.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 493
  • carpet1.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 514
Excellent, I'll be on that train soon, did you have to raise the engine to install them?
I did raise the engine.... I have solid motor mounts that were from the previous owner and I added some rubber between them and the K member to suck up a little vibration.\

I raised it up to start the headers into the hole then had to lower it down to get things to bolt up. -67 Barracuda, originally a 273 car/k-member for reference.

Just got the front and rear windshields back in, for the Summer cruise season anyways. planning to pull everything apart next Winter after finishing all the outer panel bodywork this year while I get some drive time in as well. Everything that is in black epoxy primer thus far has been stripped to bare metal and bodywork done, including all the interior and trunk area.
Looks like I should be able to drive it to Mopars in the Park!

Attachments

• IMG_20140527_245135_408.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 535
  • IMG_20140527_153452_595.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 534
-
Back