What Are You Doing To/With Your Car Today?

-
Re : 72 demon
Installed complete rear end kit a couple of weeks ago. Tore apart front end installed new bushings etc. hopefully ready to start back together tomorrow.
Yote

I got after a leaky power steering box by replacing the two o-rings in the return housing. Seems to have done the trick.

Then...I took a nice ride in this bee-u-ti-ful North Georgia weather we're having!

Was a nice rain free weekend day wasn't it!

Hope you got some behind the wheel time!

Was a nice rain free weekend day wasn't it!

Hope you got some behind the wheel time!

Yeah man!!! Couldn't believe how nice it was today. Suppose to be just as nice tomorrow. I'll be taking a longer ride tomorrow!!! Today was a test ride to make sure my new o-rings stopped the leak. So far so good.

I saw the video of your car running...damn, that big block sounds awesome!!

We'll have to connect at a car show/cruise-in this spring.

Last week I finally got my new bucket seats and brackets, with the nice weather here in howell I decided to get the seats installed....
Wow I can believe how nice all turned out....

Attachments

• IMAG0582.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 279
  • IMAG0584.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 291
  • IMAG0586.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 279
  • IMAG0588.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 286
  • IMAG0589.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 301
  • IMAG0591.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 300
wow! 65 degrees yesterday, will be warm till wed then BURRrrrrrrr!

finished welding and gringing the rear qtr patches in the 67 Be. 1 yesterday. (even B bodies need some love!?)... Sherman patches are such thin gauge CHIT! but that's all I could find for it. pretty bad when the patches are thinner than 50 yr old sheetmetal!! I have hand formed such before but by hand it takes for ever!!
today, pull fornt and rear door panels, clean and treat insides with Ospho and spray some paint, undercoat in there, and grease the window tracts.

My brother is comming over so I'll take him and my nephew for a ride.Its been sitting in the shop for months

Wishing I had it for a drive. Raleigh is beautiful today. All for the delivery of a can of fabric dye from Legendary.

The Duster is so close. My shop really wants to get it to me as well.

Dennis

Finish putting in my gearvendors electronics. During bench testing yesterday I think i fried the power supply diode. It does not show on the schematics and in my attempt to test connectivity i think i put power through it backwards and burned it out. It appears that the 12V incoming power is changed by the FR603 diode to something that my meter was not set for. More diagnostics to take place today but the assembly will continue with a call to GV in the morning.
DR:coffee2:

yesterday - garage clean up day mostly - a couple of little things - managed to make the pin on the passenger side roll bar swing out fit better :cheers: and got the dang remote oil filter off, had to go buy another filter wrench.. :banghead: ...oh, finished taking the exhaust apart - redo time. -contemplated - had a beer... :twisted:

Richardj916-Those buckets look pretty cool. Kind of match the ribs on the old interior

Just got home from picking up a 8.25 3:23 posi out of a 74 duster that was local. Going to go in my 65 Dart hopefully by Spring. Was checking Craigs list again yesterday and they had just posted it, good timing on my part that stuff doesn't last long, there switching over to a 8.75. Have been looking for awhile to take out 7.25 and upgrade.

Attachments

• 8.25 axle.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 261
got the $%^ing torsion bars out - which means I got the drivers side header out :cheers: which was what I was really after - also took the grill off with the upper support and lower valance all as one unit :D - got the radiator out of it. A few other little things - getting her ready for a good cleaning and paint under the hood

Cleaning and repairing the engine compartment harness and modifying as required for MAD conversion. Decided to wire engine bay before installing engine. Planning location for battery shutoff switch and Rob's headlight relay kit. Today I located a lighted 20A rocker switch as a power kill for the gearvendors controller in the console. Could be working on the BC full time now if it weren't for the job thing-------------
DR----------:coffee2:

Just ordered my RCD Bilstein shocks front and rear from FirmFeel for my 68 fastback. My old shocks are crappy burnt toast.

Yeah!

Thought this might be a good thread to quickly show what you are up to with your cars today, as an alternative for people who don't have full build threads for their cars.

I'll kick it off!

Today I bolted on the new Cragar wheels and tires and took it for a quick test drive with no front or rear glass. What a great traction upgrade! 295/50/15s in the back and 155/80/15s in the front. Gave the car a whole new attitude.
I also installed my new Champion Radiator that I bought from Challenger Gary a couple of months ago. It works great so far, ran it for about a half hour with a single 16 inch electric fan and the temp stayed very steady.

Now I am removing the old cheapo headers and installing a new set of Doug's along with a mini starter that I pulled from the local U-Pull junk yard a couple of hours ago for 22 bucks.

Trying to get it driveable for Mopars in the Park. I live about 20 minutes from the fairgrounds so it shouldn't be too bad a drive with the 4.56 gears. Really looking forward to meeting some members!

-Doug

Setting up my 1st 8 3/4 nodular DrDiff 3rd member..............and it`s very interesting for sure.........:cheers:

General tune up on the grocery getter. Slant Six Sport. Bit of a flat spot when hitting the gas. Lousy accelerator pump plunger on my Holley 1945 one barrel never seems to last very long so I threw a quick rebuild on it. Also pulled the cap and rotor, pulled/cleaned/gapped the plugs, cleaned some oil dribbling on the cap and wires, snugged the valve cover. Changed the oil, greased the front end.

Assembled the 3.55 sure grip center that is going in Jake's 65 next month. He's giving my loaned 3.23 center back to me.

one down, one to go
porting the Indy 360-1 ( square port)
into a W-2 oval port

welded the center ports,
then moved them, toward the outside
raised the roof on all four (.250")
to make the W-2 flange fit best
These are for the 70 Dart more door

008_zps87tbjosp.jpg

010_zpsh6eunxk6.jpg

003_zpsnwgtfbb7.jpg

Worked on my sons bike for half a day than cleaned my seats in the Dart pearl white beautiful to look at but a pain in the arse to keep clean, used mothers Leather and vinyl cleaner restorer. With a small scrubbing brush than just wiped them down ,they came up well. All ready for tomorrows show !

Today I will install engine bay wiring harness, reworking it as I go for the MAD conversion. Any time left this weekend I will install front carpet.

Been thrashing on the grey 66, got the engine and trans in, all of the interior, replaced the drivers rear wheel lip, found out that no matter how many 53" driveshafts I have, all of them are too long!!!! 😄

Attachments

• image.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 140
Also took it to the WPC and put it in the car corral, no takers at $2500!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 148
-
Back